Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • PSA…PARTYS OVER! Iplayer content
  • yunki
    Free Member

£140 pa is £2.69 pw. Are you seriously saying that one of the best media platforms out there, never mind the content on it (some of which I’ll grant you is better than others) is worth less per week than one takeaway coffee?

I won’t be paying that for an occasional catch-up of some middle rate sit-com

aracer
    Free Member

An interesting point. Because for those channels which are funded by ads, when I use their catchup apps I do play the ads (not that I usually watch them, though with my current system the trick of getting them all out of the way in one block whilst doing something else no longer works). If I’m actually organised enough to record something in advance then I skip them.

Your suggestion of removing live TV would significantly decrease the functionality for me – one of my current major uses of it is to watch the current programme from the start when I’ve started watching late. Means I can pretty much ignore the schedules (they’ve recently upgraded the red button functionality on my BT Youview box, so live TV and iPlayer is very tightly integrated).

v8ninety

The offence is actually watching live tv as its broadcast, having the equipment to do so is not proof of guilt.

I’m fairly sure this is incorrect, even before the new change. The offence is watching or recording live TV as its broadcast I think, which with your Sky dish and Sky+ DVR, puts you firmly in the illegal licence dodging category I’m afraid.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PSA…PARTYS OVER! Iplayer content’ is closed to new replies.