Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA Cheap Naturehike Mongar
  • irc

Amazon currently have the Naturehike Mongar 2 down at £111 in one colour. Bud Green. I’ve bought one with a view to using it on a long tour. I’m in two minds whether to use it or stick to my tried and tested Argos Tiger Paws. The Mongar has more internal space and is the same weight. Just not sure how well it would stand up to high winds. Either way if I decided not to take it on tour it will be a useful addition as it is big enough to share with the dog whereas the Argos is a bit tight.

It is a copy of the MSR HubbaHubba. Reviews seem to agree it is good quality. Poles not as good as the MSR. MSR a bit lighter. But at £111 I’ll accept the compromises.

It fits what I want. No heavier than around 2.1Kg. Decent headroom. Side entrance. Fast inner first pitch.

stumpy01

That link doesn’t seem to be working, but it looks like they have some kind of sale on Naturehike stuff at the moment. The Cloud-Up 1 has got 20% off – currently just over £100 for the lighter 20d version.

ElShalimo

FYI, Alpkit are launching a new tent which looks like the old GoLite Shangri-La

Here it is:

Tarpstar 2

dai1983
    Free Member

Seen this and don’t like the colour. They have the green star River for 95 but has snow flaps that will end up flapping around in the wind?

irc

Well my Mongar 2 arrived. Pitched it in the garden today. Very impressed. Looks decent build quality. Fast and easy to put up. Loads of space. At 6ft3 I thought I might have to sleep on a diagonal but can just fit in square.

After removing the gear loft storage net I can sit up straight and have a clear hands width of space between my head and the top of the tent. Feels like double the interior space of my current Argos Pro Action 1 touring tent and is almost exactly the same weight.

The supplied pegs have been ditched and swapped for Terra Nova Unisex Aluminium V Tent Pegs. 3g per peg heavier but a bit longer and most importantly a flat top so they can be pushed hard into the ground by hand. The Naturehike pegs were a bit sharp. Anything but soft ground and a tool of some kind would be needed between hand and peg. Minor point but a niggle that is easily and cheaply corrected.

dai1983
    Free Member

Spent a night in mine already in the wild and will again this eve in a proper camp site/field.

Erects mega easy and mega quality for the £££. Wish it was a more covert colour scheme though as woke at 5 to escape like a pair of ninjas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.