Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA – Broadband deal
  • pedlad

Current deal ends early sept but has been increased to £40 a month with EE. Admittedly I’ve knocked off the unlimited land line calls as we don’t need it but I’ve just cut that to the equivalent of circa £17 pcm with vodafone for 18 months:

£23 pcm fee
    -£2 pcm for being a vodafone mobile monthly customer
    -£100 voucher for Amazon (other retailers available)
    Plus a free amazon echo dot

Seems a good deal

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just looking at moving to them as well.

Plusnet are £39 at the moment and the best they’ll offer is £10 a month reduction. Considering how slow the broadband is with them I think it’s time to sack them off.

dickydutch

***EDIT – Just noticed that its fibre broadband which we are still not able to access. Shame really as I could really use a connection faster than the 1.5MBPs (yep – you read that correctly) I currently pay for.***

Interesting. Where did you find the link to the free amazon voucher and dot? Their website doesnt seem to detail that (at least for me anyway!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pedlad

It’s not fibre to the home – just their branding for fibre to the cabinet…which given your current speed you may not have though. There’s a postcode check. Link was via moneysavingexpert but the vodafone site once you’ve put in name and email shows you that detail

Vodafone offer until 10th Sept

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve just realised I’m paying £31 a month to Sky for my broadband. I use it to post on here. Time to change I think.

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’ve just realised I’m paying £53 to BT! Best thy can do is knock £7 off so they tell me.
    “But sir you do realise you’re getting a much better service?”
    Really, you’re charging double the going rate and you call that good service?

Has anyone got experience of the vodafone BB?

This offer ends in a few days so I need to get my finger out if I’m to make the leap.

martinhutch

“But sir you do realise you’re getting a much better service?”

How on earth did he/she say that with a straight face?

All the FTTC companies are delivering stuff using the same infrastructure, so it all comes down to price, customer service, and quality of the supplied router.

scuttler

I’m looking at this too. Currently on Plusnet who have provided a decent service in terms of stability and quality and are offering an 18 month renewal for £32pcm for their top-end 60Mbps product. They ballsed up billing recently but they capped the amount I was in arrears (their fault – well documented) and I got two months for free. They also updated firmware on the router which buggered up 5G Wifi but again I fixed that with a £25 BT Hub 6 so overall I’m happy to stay from a minimal disruption perspective. That Vodafone deal is good though even without the £100 voucher sweetener but I’ve no idea about service quality and I’ve heard the router’s a bit crap.

nedrapier

Moved from out-of-contract £53 with BT to EE for £25 (EE mobile customer, so £5 off) Better router too, so I’ve been able to ditch the wifi extender and still get 45Mbps in the rooms furthest away.

cinnamon_girl

Anyone used NOW Broadband? Is it cheap for a reason?

scuttler

Presume NOW runs on top of Sky as it’s a division of theirs typically marketed at lower cost, standalone (vs package) and rolling monthly contracts (at least it is for NowTV > SkyTV). No comments on quality but I expect it will inherit much that is both good and bad about Sky.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks scuttler and din’t realise they were connected to Sky. To be honest I’ve found Sky to be the most efficient for broadband and landline but their prices are silly.

scuttler

Good article here – https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/reviews/sky-vs-now-tv

Fundamentally if you just want broadband it looks like NOW is a good choice, but if you like streaming telly and regard that as a fundamental part of having broadband it looks like a Sky package might be better.

scuttler

Comments on Vodafone here

Vodafone Broadband – Any Good?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Broadband deal’ is closed to new replies.