Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • PSA: Apollo 11 film
  • richmars

If the trailer is anything to go by, this should be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=3Co8Z8BQgWc

Drac

Cool! Love a Sci-fi.

StirlingCrispin

Wonder where I’ll get to see it?

Just finishing the book Failure is Not an Option by Gene Kranz – an excellent read- and have just re-watched Moonwalk One.

supernova

Just such an impressive effort. Never ceases to amaze.

bikebouy
    Free Member

👍

scuttler

Slightly giddy about this. I would love to have seen In the Shadow of the Moon on the big screen but never did so will be sure to catch this. I took the kids to KSC last year and saw the Saturn V and the Treasures Room (plus of course Discovery). Amazing stuff.

Guardian liked it too (5*) – https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/25/apollo-11-review-eye-opening-documentary-is-a-five-star-triumph

myopic
    Free Member

Drac, it’s not Sci-fi 😉 (unless you are a conspiracy theorist)

Cougar

I spotted this yesterday. As an Apollo nerd I’m beyond excited, it looks amazing.

scuttler

FYI Apollo 11 has a UK release date now of 28th June and prior to (and presumably beyond) that there will be a cut down 45 minute version called ‘Apollo 11: First Steps’ for exhibition in museum IMAX theaters (like Bradford Media Museum).

‘Apollo 11’ To Land In UK Cinemas From 28th June Following Sundance Debut

https://film.list.co.uk/listing/1251482-apollo-11-first-steps/

DezB
    Free Member

That looks amazing. Will certainly give the conspiracy theorists ammunition, with ‘unseen’ footage from 50 years ago!

Northwind

They didn’t even have imax then, how could they have filmed for imax? WAKE UP SHEEPLE

DezB
    Free Member

^^ See!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

yup, makes you think

franksinatra

and I heard Roger Moore isn’t actually dead. Makes you think…..

I am so excited for this film.

mikey74
    Free Member

I saw it here in Canada. It’s awesome.

RustyNissanPrairie

OMG just watched it – the 65mm footage at the beginning is amazing of the crawler and the Saturn on the pad.
    If you are an Apollo geek it’s confusing as it’s all crystal clear in HD – it looks like a sci fi film.
    The only disappointment is that it feels quite short – it’s 1:33 but I could have watched hours more of it.

beamers

That looks absolutely fantastic!

For fellow Apollo 11 nerds check this out (might have been shared on here already): 13 Minutes to the Moon podcast

theotherjonv

and another for space / science / music fans; to coincide with the 50th anniversary, on 25th July night, PSB are doing a joint orchestral version of their Race for Space album as part of the Proms season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e9p84f

richmars

Round here, the film is only showing for 3 nights. I don’t know how popular it will be so I’ve already booked tickets.

Cougar

Ooh, that’s useful to know. Ta.

Cougar

And, booked. Only on for three days at Mcr Printworks IMAX also. Cheers for the nudge.

slowoldman

I think on 50th anniversary I’ll stay up all night with a kettle and chocolate biscuits just as I did when it happened.

Where did you find MCR IMAX tickets cougar? I can’t find anything online.

scuttler

https://mobi.odeon.co.uk/films/apollo_11_imax/35311/ and select Manchester (Trafford not Printworks)

Seems like 28th, 29th, 30th across the board at IMAX at least in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield. It’s also on on Wed 26th at Bradford Media Museum but bizarrely not on their IMAX which has been showing space films since it opened in 80’s (Dream is Alive anyone??).

Cougar

The search is a bit odd. If you put “apollo 11” in the box and hit return it gives no results, if you type it in and wait then it pops up.

dannybgoode

The BBC podcast 18 minutes to the moon is also excellent.

Can’t wait to go to Kennedy next year 😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Really annoyed that the BluRay is on sale everywhere except here and Amazon do a download but again not here yet.
    We live in a global society, its like they are trying to encourage piracy. I’ll try and buy it via my VPN.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Seeing it at IMAX London. Can’t wait.

136stu
    Free Member

Scuttler it does appear to be on at Bradford IMAX (AM show times) – I used the link in your earlier post.

scuttler

136stu that’s the abridged 45 min schoolkids/STEM version.

136stu
    Free Member

Ah OK.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Cool! Love a Sci-fi.

Haha!

Cougar

The BBC podcast 18 minutes to the moon is also excellent.

Is that the extended edition? (-:

Can’t wait to go to Kennedy next year 😀

KSC is absolutely incredible.

sce2aux
    Free Member

Giddy with excitement about seeing this. Usually go to Bradford for the IMAX stuff but as above they seem to only be showing the 45 minute edit – which is a bit odd. Surely that can’t be right? Might ring them.

scuttler

@sce2aux – one, possibly two IMAXs in Leeds showing it on 28-30th.

@dannybgoode
    – Try not to do a little wee when the Vehicle Assembly Building appears over the horizon. Best Place Evah!

slowoldman

Thanks, I’ve found the showings at the Trafford Centre but still not Printworks.

Cougar

Ballcocks, you’re right. I’m glad you mentioned it or I’d have turned up at the wrong bloody cinema!

sce2aux
    Free Member

Thanks @scuttler White Rose Cineworld looks like the best option.

Another vote for 13 Minutes to the Moon podcast. Absolutely superb.

Right, off to build my Lego Lunar Lander….

dannybgoode

Eek – Apollo 11 tonight ont he big IMAX screen. More giddy than a 40+ yo should be. I’ve also managed to find a seat all on its own – no one either side so I can geek out in peace
    🙂

As for KSC next year – I think I’m more excited than babybgoode will be when he finds out he’s going to Disney!

maccruiskeen

Really annoyed that the BluRay is on sale everywhere except here and Amazon do a download but again not here yet.

If they are going to the expense of a cinema release I think they’d prefer people to buy tickets for that. They’re shooting themselves in the foot otherwise. I doubt you’d have to wait for than a few weeks to buy it to watch at home

richmars

Went last night with my son. Both really enjoyed it. Even when you know what happens (spoiler alert!) it’s incredibly tense. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Apollo 11 film’ is closed to new replies.