Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Prophet, headset options/opinions..?
  • jackal
    Free Member

I'm looking into getting a new headset for my prophet mx with 1 1/8" steerer forks, but a little unsure what to get..

Now as standard on the prophet, I 'think' there is a 1.5" – 1 1/8" reducer cup/adaptor that is pressed into the bottom of the headtube, then a standard 1 1/8" lower headset fitted into this? And the upper headset is a 1.5" – 1 1/8" reducer that goes straight into the headtube?

If so can I remove this lot (including the lower reducing cup/adaptor) and fit something like a hope 1.5" – 1 1/8" reducer headset? But this may mean that the 'u turn' adujster or compression adjuster of the pikes may hit the downtube, anyone running this combo?

Any help/info greatly appreciated 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

Have a look in the box to make sure you get a crown race with your new headset.

jackal
    Free Member

Why, do ALL headsets not come with a crown race then..?

😉 😆

racing_ralph
    Free Member

hope one fits but loses about 10mm in the stack height (reducer removed).

FSA orbit z is the top part and the orbit z bearing fits into the reducer cup. New bearings are the same (IIRC) as the orbit z at £20 on CRC

swisstony
    Free Member

I've got a Hope one and they do the job just fine. I wanted as lower stack height as pos as i have Lyriks, no probs with knob bashing btw!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Prophet, headset options/opinions..?’ is closed to new replies.