Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Primus Saver, broadband and telephone
  • millzy
    Free Member

I’ve just signed up for a broadband/phone package with Primus saver,

paying £18 a month for telephone and unlimited data broadband.

didn’t want to deal with BT as they have been terrible in the past

not a fan of sky and don’t watch tele very often so haven’t gone with Sky

and cant get virgin in my area,

so am i going to have terrible service and low broadband speeds now or are these guys not all that bad?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Im just leaving primus, though I only had line rental with them. I wws trying to contact them to enquire about adding broadband but couldnt get through and got no reply to 2 emails so I quit. Against my instincts I’ve signed up with bt for 18 months simply because the price is the same and they don’t have a traffc management policy kicking in after 5pm (my bb was with O2 which was great until 2 weeks ago when they sold to sky and I ended up getting useless speeds).

Have a look at comments on primus’ facebook page. Makes grim reading.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Pretty much the same as glasgowdan for me, I had a problem I needed help with and couldn’t get in touch with them for the life of me, so jacked them in.
    Shame really cos up until the problem, I was happy with everything.

millzy
    Free Member

Hound legs… Did you have broadband? A lot of people online are saying they had problems canceling the contract? Was this not the case?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Yes, we had broadband, and it was fine, as good as the supplier we have now.
    And no, we had no trouble at all cancelling.
    The only gripe I had was not being able to get in touch when we did have problems, which incidentally turned out to be nothing to do with primus.

findo_gask
    Free Member

Signed for fibre broadband and phone with them in January. Excellent so far. Solid line performance. Cheap. Good service on setup. Is the line still not BT though? Was certainly an openreach engineer that came to do the line upgrade.

ourmaninthenorth

Is the line still not BT though? Was certainly an openreach engineer that came to do the line upgrade.

Er, yeah. Primus are just a reseller of large telco services (who are all just resellers of BT products TBH).

But that’s the problem with still having a monopoly 30 years after it was sold by the government*.

*that’s right, it was Fatcha!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Primus Saver, broadband and telephone’ is closed to new replies.