Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Please. One line of code. Just one.
  • AlexSimon

Please.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s coming in the new forum

Personally I’d settle for a link to go to the last page of a thread.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Shares*

leffeboy

x 1000000. thats all, really

Jakester
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Can’t you do that when you click on the last poster/”freshness” link? Or do you mean from within the thread?

cp

Oh yes please, at the very least! I’ve genuinely missed/not bothered with quite a lot of threads as you only get the first few words.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

It does give me the heebies when I look at this forum, a few lines/deletion of lines of CSS would to fix a few of the issues

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. +1000000 for the OP. PLEASE.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Wow, didn’t even realise it was vaguely responsive designed now! 😀

wilburt
    Free Member

I’d rather a thread title links to the last page, who reads the actual question?

maccruiskeen

Oh yes please, at the very least! I’ve genuinely missed/not bothered with quite a lot of threads as you only get the first few words.

Perhaps we just need a character limit on thread titles. 🙂

nixie

Proposed change is nearly pointless. What would be better was making the pagination controls always visible (well at least the last one).

pictonroad

Whilst we’re at it, the IMG box just ^ there.

When you past a link in it, why does it pre-populate the http: bit?

Has anyone in the history of the forum found this anything other than irritating?

I can’t even see how it could be of any use 😕

AlexSimon

Proposed change is nearly pointless.

But..! But..! The number of times I’ve had to click on a title to find it’s completely irrelevant!

Route recommendations for… (- oh Scotland)
    What bike for riding on the… (- oh road bike)
    Can you fit a 2.8 into a…
    etc, etc

Jamie
    Free Member

Stop moaning. The forum is fine and working as intended.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hit “report post” by accident.

Hit “cancel”

“Report cancelled, please provide a better description”

🙄

scotroutes

This.

Opened a thread even though you’ve found out it’s not relevant? Never mind that’s a click.

Want to go to the most recent post but you have to click on the first page to get there? Never mind, that’s another click.

It’s plainly not designed for fast, efficient navigation.

AlexSimon

scotroutes – Member

Jamie » Stop moaning. The forum is fine and working as intended.

This.

Opened a thread even though you’ve found out it’s not relevant? Never mind that’s a click.

Want to go to the most recent post but you have to click on the first page to get there? Never mind, that’s another click.

It’s plainly not designed for fast, efficient navigation. At first I thought you hadn’t understood Jamie’s post.
    Then I realised you understood it PERFECTLY 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Stop moaning. The forum is…

FTFY

Drac

Stop moaning whinging. The forum is fine and working as intended.

There that’s better.

scaredypants

works fine on Opera

Jamie
    Free Member

works fine on Opera

Likewise on Netscape.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Works fine on my Nokia 3310

TheBrick
    Free Member

Works fine in lynx

codybrennan
    Free Member

Following

aracer
    Free Member

Yes, you can. Please point out to me where I’d click on that in the images the OP posted…

bodgy
    Free Member

Like.

>oops, my mistake<

seosamh77
    Free Member

If they are going to be doing at least indent the second line properly. Would do my head in with the second line starting under the dots.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep last Post doesn’t work on anything mobile, you can’t even get to the last page if the title is too long. Even in landscape mode

darrell
    Free Member

Yes bits of the forum suck

bits always have done and bits always will do

no big deal, just live with it

It’s like getting old

scaredypants

mikewsmith – Member
    Yep last Post doesn’t work on anything mobile

There is this one browser, …
    😉

thepurist

You’re all wrong – you should just bask in the glow that if someone replies to a post it means they’ve really wanted to do that as they’ve had to work through all of the above to get to the point where they can post said reply. It filters out all that banal chit-chat and means that what you see here cuts to the heart of the matter.

If they include a quote in the reply then you should be doubly honoured. If the quote is from an earlier page of the thread then that probably means it’s time to go to the high court to get an injunction against them for stalking you on the web.

AlexSimon

seosamh77 – Member

If they are going to be doing at least indent the second line properly. Would do my head in with the second line starting under the dots. I did half suspect that this is why they haven’t done the one-liner. It becomes quite a bit of work then though.
    However, the member Forum History page wraps like this and is perfectly fine to read:

AlexSimon

In fact the main forum does this on desktop anyway:

The slight padding top and bottom of the <td> in relation to the font-size makes it easier on the eye.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Interesting thread, I’ve subscribed to get automatic updates…. oh wait that’s another forum.

Oh well at least the site will take me straight to that last post I read when I next click on the thread …. no, wait…. that’s the other forum as well.
    Crap.

timbles
    Free Member

Truncation is not a content strategy.

pdw
    Free Member

If they are going to be doing at least indent the second line properly. Would do my head in with the second line starting under the dots.

I did half suspect that this is why they haven’t done the one-liner. It becomes quite a bit of work then though.
    [/quote]

Yeah, makes it 5 lines not 1 🙂

mrhoppy

thepurist – Member
    If the quote is from an earlier page of the thread then that probably means it’s time to go to the high court to get an injunction against them for stalking you on the web.

Waves

outofbreath
    Free Member

Say what you like about the gun culture in the US but if STWers all had Automatic Assault Rifles, this change would have been made months ago…. The frustration would easily tip one or two of us over the edge.

AlexSimon

Yeah, makes it 5 lines not 1

Yes, you’re right. I forgot that text-indent only applies to the first line when wrapped.

Please. Five line of code. Just five.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Please. One line of code. Just one.’ is closed to new replies.