• This topic has 1,777 replies, 181 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by plumble.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,778 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Three (jameso to the forum please)
  • ransos
    Free Member

Yeah, I reckon I’m about 2 kph slower on the Arkose than my Mason Definition. The Mason has a much more “road” riding position though so I reckon a fair bit less wind resistance.

witterings
    Free Member

Does anybody else that’s still receiving notifications for the thread happen to be 5’7 and in which case which size did you go for and how do you find it???

I was able to try a friends ladies medium which is similar size to the men’s small but couldn’t get the saddle back quite far enough although I believe the men’s has a slightly slacker angle which may make a bit of difference, I also tried the men’s medium in the shop which felt a bit of a stretch but that may be as I haven’t ridden drop bars since I was a kid.

I’m 30″ inseam, if anyone’s around that height be really interested in hearing which you went with and if you needed any other adjustments like set back saddle or changing the stem.

jameso

2 guys in the office at that height ride S Arkoses.

mounse701
    Free Member

@witterings I’m 5’9 with 30″ inseam and I went with a small but with a 90mm stem. I find it very comfortable but I don’t like being too stretched out as I’m not the world’s most supple person.

Splash-man
    Free Member

@jameso Do you have visibility of when the 2019 Arkose range will be in store or be able to share specification details ?

I have money to spend but I’m currently waiting on seeing what the new colours and spec is before deciding whether to buy 2018 or 2019 model.

jameso

^ It’ll be into Nov for MY19 Arkose info.

jimdubleyou

^ It’ll be into Nov for MY19 Arkose info.

Spec one with 650B and I promise I’ll buy one 🙂

eskay

I have fitted the new tyres, I rode them on the club run Sunday and a couple of hours tonight and am very please with them. Grip well in the wet (tonight was a good test for that!!) and are very comfortable yet roll well.

sumsar81
    Free Member

Att eskay : really nice all black arkose…..is the tires 42 mm width?

karlp
    Free Member

My 2018 Arkose 3 has rattling internal cables. Any suggestions to silence the little buggers?

I think can only be in the downtube.

eskay

@sumsar – thanks!

Yes, they are the 42s I struggled to find them and ended up getting them from an eBay seller.

witterings
    Free Member

Thanks for everyone’s help on sizing ….. I went to the Guildford store toady as they had a medium in stock and saw Tom who does the bike fitting and he thinks the small would be better for me just a shame they don’t have them in stock at the moment but I’d rather wait and get the right bike for the longer term.

Cracking guy though … was really helpful and could have just tried to sell me something they had but instead gave professional advice so will go back there because of that and will also book a bike fit with him after I’ve had it a few weeks … his advice rather than the day I buy it as you’ve had time to work out what doesn’t feel quite right.

Roll on delivery although as I can’t have it now awfully tempting to hold off and see the 2019 colours bring.

eskay

@karlp – do you have any slack in the cables that may need tightening? Mine is completely silent (no rattles).

kilo

With my norco’ internal cables the trick is to put a cable tie snug against the hol at either end of the concealment and use these to take slack out of the cable

karlp
    Free Member

Will do above suggestions. Thx.

sumsar81
    Free Member

Eskay : big thanks….is it possible to put some pictures up with spacing from tire to fork and in the rear from the seattube behind the bottom bracket…

I’m dreaming of this bike with a set of conti race king 2.0 and I almost think it’s possible ( really helpful with the pictures)

eskay

I reckon you could get 2″ tyres on, there is about 15mm either side between the forks. Here you go:

mounse701
    Free Member

@sumsar81 Hi you asked me to post tyre clearance pics a while ago and I completely forgot – apologies. The above post reminded me.
    Pinnacle Arkose 2017, tyres are Maxxis Race TT 2.0″ (51mm).
    Front fork has about 13mm clearance.
    Rear stays have about 6/7mm.

sumsar81
    Free Member

Hi

I thank you both so much. Really helpfull pictures and info for me sitting overseas in Denmark…..the bike with the maxxis TT tires is exactly what I think of looking for a gravel bike…so I’m pretty sure Evans bikes will ship a bike to Jutland in October.

Cheers and peace

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Happy trails and have a good fall</span>

witterings
    Free Member

If anyone’s looking to sell a small 2nd hand Arkose 3 I may be interested … I was ideally looking for a new one but it may be a while before they appear in the shops so thought I’d look as used as well.

I have posted in the wanted section as well but had no response and thought the audience here may be a bit more “focused” so hope nobody minds.

benmullard
    Free Member

Hi  @jameso

Following your assistance up thread, I’ve now got my Dolomite frame and have recently built it up using bits of another bike and TRP Spyres.

However, I’m having issues with mudguard clearance in the fork – it’s advertised as having clearance for 28mm tyres with mudguards, but I can’t make SKS Bluemels fit with the Continental GP4 Seasons I have fitted. There might be space if I drop to 25mm, but for my dedicated winter bike I want to use the 28s.

Are there any other guards I should be looking at which would work with this frame?

Thanks very much.

Ben

13thfloormonk

Any Arkose X owners in?

Doing some window shopping for a £1000 (bike to work) CX bike that I can also adapt as winter road bike.

Contemplating a Cinelli Zydeco but it would need some money thrown at it just to get it down to the (manufacturer’s…) stated weight for the Arkose X

Anyone got one and attempted to strip it down a bit/save some weight? I’d be racing it so sort of keen to see what I could achieve, lighter tyres, maybe even lighter brakes (I have my own, perverse reasons to want to run some Spyres anyway, and that would mean fitting some purty TRP levers as well).

Any pics out there?

Ta

hjghg5
    Free Member

Hello! I’ve just ordered an arkose 3. The women’s version is down to £1012 and i’ve got something in the garage i can trade in to get another £100 off. I’m planning to run it with road tyres (28s?) and mudguards for now – any recommendations?

riddoch

Anyone know how long the spokes are on the drive side of the rear wheel of a 2015 Arkose 3, or which model the hub is?

yeah I know I could measure it the next time I am near the bike but I keep forgetting to do that.

eskay

@hjghg5
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>I have 42mm road tyres on mine, I have fitted SKS Bluemels. The only issue I had was that the supplied bolt was not long enough for the front mudguard because of the fat fork. I had to get hold of a (I think) 70mm cap screw.</div>

mr_stru

I’ve been using these:

https://www.evanscycles.com/bontrager-ncs-road-mudguard-set-700c-x-18-35c-EV138150

which have been rock solid and fitted the 32ish mm tyres I’ve got on fine. Although I see they don’t have the wider ones in stock there.

hjghg5
    Free Member

I have those bontrager ones on my current commuter so I may give them a go on the arkose too then – thanks!

eskay

Anyone know what the weight of the bare stock wheels are on this year’s Arkose 3?

I want to upgrade mine for something lighter but would like to know the weight of the originals.

mcnultycop

I’ve got those Bontrager guards on my Arkose too, they fit really well.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Picked mine up today 🙂 need to get the slicker tyres and guards on, but a quick ride this afternoon felt good 🙂

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Any news on a steel Arkose for 2019?

I saw the steel touring bike Pinnacle are now doing.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I built up an arkose for a mate with cheap parts and I was surprised how light it was. Less than my caad x which has nicer parts.

Much more tyre clearance as well. Looked like a nice bike

jameso

Any news on a steel Arkose for 2019?

No, there is a new alu Arkose though.

davesykes
    Free Member

No, there is a new alu Arkose though.

Any information on the new models you can share with us yet James? I’ve got a 2018 Arkose 4 on back order, but won’t be available until Dec. Be good to see how 2019 models compare, hopefully 650b option?

Dave

jameso

Hi Dave, there will be 650B options, the Arkose X 2019 included. Most are still on 700C, there’s a range split between road-biased and some dirt-biased Arkoses for next year.

davesykes
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks James, any idea when more information will be released?

witterings
    Free Member

@jameso

Hi, the dates for delivery for the 2018 Arkoses have been pushed back a couple of times recently …. I’m guessing it’s possibly to do with their recent re-funding.

Do you have any insight whether that they’re definitely going to arrive and if so a worst case timescale or is it dependent upon the re-structuring and they may not get delivered at all???

jameso

Hi, the dates for delivery for the 2018 Arkoses have been pushed back a couple of times recently …. I’m guessing it’s possibly to do with their recent re-funding.

Do you have any insight whether that they’re definitely going to arrive and if so a worst case timescale or is it dependent upon the re-structuring and they may not get delivered at all???

So what I do know – dates are based on fork supply delay and that’s come up fairly recently ad prompted dates changes. Same for the MY19 ETA.

And it’s true that supply isn’t moving as freely as usual in the short term due to Evan’s change of ownership process. That’s due to be concluded really soon. There’s no question of product not arriving and we’re ready to process all that’s needed. The ETA dates – Arkoses are our priority, we have a good number of pre-sales on them and stock that can be sold upon arrival is the priority for the business. They’re also assembled in Europe so by air-freighting a qty of forks from Asia to match pre-orders plus some shop floor stock we can get the bikes within a few days delivery away. I’ll update here as soon as I have something more accurate.

jameso

Excellent, thanks James, any idea when more information will be released?

MY18 last drop is due in, then we’ll get info on MY19 to staff and follow that with something here and elsewhere.

MY19 bikes are new but don’t make the MY18 bikes redundant with any wild new geometry or 29×2.3 spec etc, they just update a proven frame with a few new details and compatibility features and offer road or dirt-biased build options, much as you could do to the current bike with tyre and gearing changes.

paulb2

If you do a 650b option with a 46/30 crank, I may quietly cry and think of what might have been.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.