Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Peaks Pootle – blimey
  • Pook

Facebook memories thing often throws up unfortunate history,  but today it’s redeemed itself by showing not one,  but two pootles. Lovely memories of lovely group rides.  But what’s been most surprising is that the two rides it’s popped up are 6 years apart! I never knew I’d been running them for that long but cor they were good weren’t they?

Here’s to all the pootlers. Sorely missed. One day, one more.

phil56

Great memories indeed Pook!! Social mountain biking at it’s very best

crazy-legs

Come on @Pook , there must have been a few pictures you can post!!

BadlyWiredDog

Blimey x 2

GRAEMEJONES

I still have some photos in a Flickr account . 😳

dawson

Waves @Pook. Some came up on my Fb too.

dawson

Apologies for quality

dawson

Sept 2011

@NBT
    @BWD (I think) and possibly TINAS with back to camera

GRAEMEJONES

phil56

…and that’s me in black towards the front!

nbt

I’ve stopped using Facebook so i haven’t had that pleasure, but i was browsing some old pootle photos myself only recently and fondly reminiscing about friends i haven’t seen in far too long. I miss you guys a lot and am looking forward to a time in the future when we can safely do this kind of thing again. Genuine smile too to hear from @GraemeJones too, have missed your company and more importantly your superb cakes. Hope you’re well, bud

GRAEMEJONES

Waves at @nbt 👋🏻 . Yes thanks all good here, cakes are still being made also. Probably more than riding bikes at the moment! Let’s hope we all come out the other side of this soon.

Pook

In the first 30 seconds of this video, I’m doing the filming in that photo ^^^

nbt

I’ll post some photos tomorrow, bit late for me now and not that easy on a tablet

IHN

I know of two STW pootlers who met pootling, and are now feeonsays. Love through pootle.

Pook

I’ve got the vid of the pootle ‘pon which they met too

amodicumofgnar

I’ve got some photos of the Goyt Valley ride somewhere. Think I only did another two or three – one with a stop on Bradwell Edge, one around Hayfield and maybe one more.

bigdean

I’m some of them photos! Has it really been that long (and have I really had the same bike for so long!)

Still on of my fav memories is we spent 20min fixing someone puncture only to work out they were not in the group.😆

Nothing but fun on all the rides👍

Sandwich

December 2013 was my only appearance at a Pootle (so far).Red Sub 5 and huge camera. I will keep the diary open for the next available one.

I’ve also been to Swinley for an STW gathering too.

Who’s this?

stanley

Recently returned to mountain biking… I was just thinking about “Pook’s Peaks Pootles” the other day!

Great to see those photographs and see some old, familiar faces. When was the snowy Goyt Valley one? 2009 ish?

MartynS

I know of two STW pootlers who met pootling, and are now feeonsays. Love through pootle.

Pooks got a lot to answer for….

Good rides, good fun!

I don’t think i’ve got many photos of the rides, could never be bothered taking a camera!

I’m sure we’ll do it again sometime.

northernatheart
    Free Member

The one in the green on the right is me. I only made it to one pootle, so well done for grabbing a photo.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow, look at those tiny handlebars!

Bunnyhop

Those old photos are bringing back great memories.
    Waves to Pook and all the lovely chaps and chapesses (sp) who came along in all weathers and provided fun, japes, banter and cakes.

nbt

Goodness but I have a few pictorial records of pootle and other STW group rides.

Ogden Water ride, October 4th 2009 | Flickr
    STW Ogden Water ride

STW Ogden Water ride by Mrs NBT, on Flickr

Marple Ride November 8 2009 | Flickr
    STW Marple Ride

STW Marple Ride by Mrs NBT, on Flickr

Peaks Pootle January 23rd 2010 | Flickr
    STW Peaks pootle 23 jan 2010

STW Peaks pootle 23 jan 2010 by Mrs NBT, on Flickr

Hayfield Pootle. July 24th 2010 | Flickr
    Peaks Pootle, Hayfield
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/8nbCUL]Peaks Pootle, Hayfield[/url] by Mrs NBT, on Flickr

Marple Pootle October 2010 | Flickr
    Marple Pootle

Marple Pootle by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

STW Rivington ride with the TJs | Flickr
    Rivington ride with the TJs

Rivington ride with the TJs by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Peaks Pootle Oct 2012 | Flickr
    Peaks Pootle Oct 2012

Peaks Pootle Oct 2012 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Pootle (Nov 2014) | Flickr
    Take a ticket and join the line

Pootlers by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

And those are just the ones online, I know we rode more – for instance the Return Of The Macc-fest. I’ll have to see if I can find pics on my harddrive and host them somwehere

thepodge
    Free Member

Not a single person in that top pic is riding through the puddles. That keeper of the peak guy must be fuming.

crazy-legs

Not a single person in that top pic is riding through the puddles. That keeper of the peak guy must be fuming.

Is it puddle or wet flagstones catching the light? I think it’s the latter from the squared off edges and the regular gaps between them.

I thought I was the rider on the CX bike ^^ but I’m not. I know I definitely turned up to at least one ride on a CX…

thepodge
    Free Member

Puddles but I think they might be frozen.

Pook

It’s snow.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

@NBT @BWD (I think) and possibly TINAS with back to camera

Blimey, good memory. I’m useless for names/faces so remember no one!

I do remember I only had one working brake (Thanks Avid, again) and having to bail into the Hawthorne bush at the bottom of Bradwell Clough to avoid the group hanging around the gate 🤣

Sandwich

I thought I was the rider on the CX bike ^^ but I’m not. I know I definitely turned up to at least one ride on a CX…

You did it was the one I took pics on (Dec 2013). We both had a breakfast at the small cafe in Hope before joining the party.

NBT took cake home for Bunnyhop from the rather large amount I brought with me. He claimed @Bunnyhop didn’t like chocolate which is unusual for any MTB rider!

nbt

NBT took cake home for Bunnyhop from the rather large amount I brought with me. He claimed @Bunnyhop didn’t like chocolate which is unusual for any MTB rider!

I refute any knowledge of this incident occurring or ever making such a statement

phil56
    IHN

I looked at those pics and thought “blimey, don’t those bikes look dated now”.

Then I thought about my bike.

Oh.

phil56

and just found this one as well Pootle from 2011

crazy-legs

You did it was the one I took pics on (Dec 2013). We both had a breakfast at the small cafe in Hope before joining the party.

That was my very first proper ride on that CX bike (you can see it propped up on the left at the gate about 1.20 into the video). I’d only build it a day or so before the ride.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Peaks Pootle – blimey’ is closed to new replies.