Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 619 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: 14th July – it's been a while
  • solarpowered
    Free Member

^^^^ Cant stop laughing !!! That opitomises (cant spell) the pootle…..How absolutely fantastic!

Once again, what a brill bunch you lot are!(still giggling….)

crazy-legs

And, just found this picture of Grattons Catalogue Man in full “looking into the middle distance” “I’m a little teapot” pose.

FTFY. 😉
    Great video Pook, thanks for the ride leading/cat herding.

Bunnyhop

videos and photos all brilliant.
    I’m looking forward to the next one you crazy mtbing people.

hora
    Free Member

I was actually admiring your large magnificant testicles.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Argh! I’m say with work for a week with just my smartphone. I can’t see pook’s video until Friday.

chrissyj
    Free Member

U need an I pad!!!

Pook

If I get chance tomorrow I’ll run a conversion – I won’t upload it though – just stick it in my dropbox or something. Ee by gum

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s only because the wife said I looked a bit quick on one bit.

Pook

Pindale. You don’t look as quick as last time ;o)

Onzadog
    Free Member

But this time I managed to stay on the bike.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sure is wasn’t that loose last time either.

Pook

The rain will have done a lot of damage. The smaller stuff that filled the gaps was a lot more washed out leaving just the big rocks to ping about off.

It’s a service I provide this making up excuses for you 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thank you. It is appreciated. It sounds so much more convincing coming from you.

Pook

😀

Pook

forgot to say folks, that thanks to your generosity the pootle raised just shy of £40 for edale mountain rescue.

cheers

swamptin
    Free Member

See, now, having seen all three videos I’m really sad to have missed that. Never mind, maybe when I become wealthy enough to own a car I can pop along. Either that or save for trains and plan ahead… oh who am I kidding?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

hora – Member

I was actually admiring your large magnificent testicles. SP

Understandable, but they do catch on my pedals and slow me down.

Pook

bit of a thrill though eh?

swampy – where are you based?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Next time I hope to join you

nbt

Next time I hope to join you

We have space if you need to kip over. We’ll ride tandem too. That kind of leads to the conclusion it should be somewhere near marple to make it easier for the tandemeers. There’s a station in Marple so you don’t even need to hire a car, if you can get the tandem on a train…

Pook

Oi. don’t you go taking away the non-tandemers entertainment by gazumping a steady route…. I’ve never seen a tandem on the beast…..

nbt

You’ve never been on the back of a tandem, so I’ll forgive your assumption that the beast would be more difficult. The length of the wheelbase makes “hard” things much easier, tt’s “tight” things you have to worry about (*). Getting a tandem round a switchback is not easy. Thank **** we ride in the peak district where we can’t afford corners.

* fnaaaar fnaaaar

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

tandems are not allowed on trains basically.

Ta for the offer NBT

BadlyWiredDog

That looked Pootletastically amusing as ever. Unfortunately I was somewhere overhead between Zurich and Manchester, but I thought fondly of you all as I marvelled at the number of big-boned holidaymakers reading Fifty Shades of Filth. At least I got big air, or something. I’m sure there’s a flying over the Peak joke there somewhere. Anyway, next time…

Pook

I have been on the back (and front) of a tandem

:op

nbt

I have been on the back (and front) of a tandem

My apologies, I do recall seeing the pictures. How much offroad have you done? The Last Drop to Rowarth went pretty well so I’d be happy to try the beast, not sure Mrs NBT would be as sanguine about it though

Pook

I rode the old railway from wadebridge to padstow.

it was well gnar.

andeh

Here’s my cut and stick effort. Youtube wanted 6 hours of my life for a HD upload, so it’s normal, crappy, standard quality. I hope your eyeballs are glued in, the camera work is a bit shaky 😳

http://youtu.be/Xf-VrPHpArg

nbt

We need an update on the effects of the Gary Ewing Infinite Mechanicals Scenario. For those who haven’t heard of it, Gary’s theorem suggests that as the number of riders in a group increases, the probability of a mechanical failure increases, as does the chance that the failure will be serious – e.g. if you ride a alone, you might not get a puncture for years, but send a thousand people out on a ride and you’ll see some broken frames

From what people said at the time and on this thread we had:

[list]
    [*]at least four punctures[/*]
    [*]a snapped bar end[/*]
    [*]a broken mech hanger[/*]
    [*]two broken spokes[/*]
    [*]a broken pedal[/*]
    [*]a blown damping cartridge[/*]
    [/list]

Anything else?

As regards the damping cartridge, I’m sure the guy (ChrissyJ?) said he’d only been riding since August – if that’s true, I’d be talking to the retailer about getting it looked at under warranty. The guy with the broken mech hanger also broke some spokes (and I htin kit was him with pedal issues) and should consider a new bike 😛 😆

mintimperial

Didn’t Hora’s crank fall off on the way up the Roman road?

MrNice
    Free Member

I had a pinch flat, put in a new tube and ripped the core out when it was nearly up, started again… Fingers crossed that the dented rim will still work tubeless, I’ve remembered why I took that option in the first place.

Should add, thanks for the tube donation. Would have been a long and miserable walk to the pub.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Be interesting to tally up what tyres punctured and whether or not they were tubeless.

Xar
    Free Member

@Onzadog, Larsen TT and tubed, probably not the best idea but i couldn’t be arsed changing it.

Andeh, you appear to be the Les Dawson of the filming world, your playing the right bits just not necessarily in the right order 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

My legs broke 3/4 up Chapel Gate does that count?

Xar
    Free Member

Was that why you fell over at the top then 😀

Hells

Well I had a pinch flat too, tyres are Geax Saguaro on FSA XC-500 Tubeless Wheelset but wasn’t running them as tubeless.

Rim looks to be OK, no obvious damage!

MrNice
    Free Member

Specialized something or other, run with tubes. Usually tubeless (and bigger volume) but ripped a sidewall the week before, didn’t get round to swapping the tyre until Saturday morning and decided to take the quick option.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Xar – Member

Was that why you fell over at the top then

I think you’ll find it was a technical dismount and scores an 8.3 level of difficulty. 😀

portlyone

My blue Heckler developed a serious case of chain suck/rear mech issues.

It’s needed a full service for a while now though. Next time I’ll bring the Chameleon!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

andeh – Member
    Here’s my cut and stick effort. Youtube wanted 6 hours of my life for a HD upload, so it’s normal, crappy, standard quality. I hope your eyeballs are glued in, the camera work is a bit shaky
    http://youtu.be/Xf-VrPHpArg

You are Dr Who and you ride a Tardis, ICMFP. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 619 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: 14th July – it's been a while’ is closed to new replies.