• This topic has 333 replies, 114 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by csb.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 334 total)
  • One seriously good bit of news to cheer us all up…
  • Premier Icon Poopscoop

Yep, good stuff. It’s all over the Covid thread at the moment.

Premier Icon Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep, made me smile.

Premier Icon CountZero

I guess his exemption is based on the premise that he’s a wealthy tennis champion so he’s entitled to go anywhere he wants, and his requirements will be met.

Or not.

Premier Icon shermer75
    Free Member

I guess his exemption is based on the premise that he’s a wealthy tennis champion so he’s entitled to go anywhere he wants, and his requirements will be met.

Or not.

Exactly

Premier Icon tuboflard

Chuffed of Sheffield.

Premier Icon poah
    Free Member

I lolz’d at it.

Too right given he doesn’t have a medical reason for not getting it.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes

Where were these immigration officials when the England cricket team flew in?

Premier Icon scuttler

Did individuals in the England cricket team flout or attempt to flout border bio security rules? (Genuine question)

Premier Icon GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Where were these immigration officials when the England cricket team flew in?

Yep, the English squad might have been best to go straight back home 🤣

Premier Icon theotherjonv

Did individuals in the England cricket team flout or attempt to flout border bio security rules? (Genuine question)

Not biosecurity per se but I’m sure border security is also interested in people entering for fraudulent purposes; specifically the pretence of contesting an Ashes series.

Premier Icon tpbiker
    Free Member

As has been pointed out by someone on twitter, this finally puts the argument to bed on who is the greatest player of all time

Sure he has similar number of slams to fed and Rafa, but none of them managed it whilst at the same time coping with what I can only assume to be a fairly serious underlying health condition….

Premier Icon Poopscoop

^^ Ha!👍😀

Premier Icon leffeboy

Ah,that is good news

Premier Icon cynic-al

Premier Icon bruneep

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

Has anyone else noticed you can get COVID out of his surname?

Makes you think.

Premier Icon Pauly
    Free Member

“Novax Djokovid” – stolen from Twitter

Premier Icon scuttler

Lolz at the cricket fraud references.

This Novax business suggests (like another thread on here concerning a fella that doesn’t sweat), how out of touch some of the these ‘elite’ tossbags are. They say and do the most ridiculous things, surrounded by lackeys, sycophants, friends in high places and equally entitled peers. Read the room, you’re not welcome dude.

Premier Icon TiRed

Needs a dose of Evusheld. One wonders the grounds for his medical exemption but there some valid reasons. Perhaps he’s hypersensitive to PEG and adenovirus. Maybe. Or not.

Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

The main reason this feels great IMHO is that there have clearly been a lot of people playing the ‘medical exemption’ card, either to the vaccines or mask-wearing. It’s fairly obvious that very few of these people will have a valid exemption, they’re just anti-social arseholes. But until now, they’ve been given a free pass because, well, plausible deniability – and we’re not supposed to ask about people’s medical conditions.

But it’s now laid bare that he clearly had no such exemption and is, as we all suspected, just an arse. It’s a relief to see these people getting their comeuppance after the rest of us have been stuttering through, playing by the rules.

Premier Icon monkeyboyjc

Gonad Gotnovax – stolen from Facebook

Premier Icon jimfrandisco
    Free Member

I don’t get the anti-vaccine sport stance. There’s a lot of it going on, to the extent that a mate’s lad at a football academy is unwilling to get the vaccine as so many of his peers and the professional players aren’t getting it.
    Surely the risk of the vaccine is much less than the potential impact long covid would have on a sporting career?
    Is it a sportsperson belief that they’re too fit and healthy to suffer with covid if they get it?

Premier Icon derek_starship
    Free Member

The guy is a gold plated bell-end.
    Of all the countries to piss about with though!

Happy of Salford.

Premier Icon DickBarton

Thought he had an medical exemption, but his visa was incorrect – so he isn’t getting in due to a bad visa. Nothing to do with having a medical exemption card (which he did), so if his visa was in order, he’d be there and getting to play. He isn’t due to a bad visa.

Or have I read a completely different news story to everyone else?

Premier Icon boblo
    Free Member

They’ve still not chucked him out tho… Hearing on Monday so in the Country 6 days. Presumably elite sports people train multiple times per day every day. How’s that work in this case?

Premier Icon martinhutch

A lot of folk who get their visa cancelled end up with a couple of years’ ban from reentering Australia, so Novax had better play nice if he wants to compete for all four grand slams any time soon.

Premier Icon kilo

The Guardian report it thus;

It is understood the reigning Australian Open champion was relying on a previous Covid infection as the basis for his exemption to compete – but that is not recognised by the federal government.

So slightly different take to wrong visa.

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Why is Covid within 6 months a reason for a medical exemption?

Premier Icon boblo
    Free Member

At a guess, you’ve got antibodies from the infection same as antibodies from a jab. How long they last is an interesting question.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Presumably elite sports people train multiple times per day every day. How’s that work in this case?

Not sure about the current rules but last year the BBC was regularly showing updates from a British player’s hotel room. She was doing limited exercises in the room. Hitting the ball off the wall, very short running drills. Obviously far from ideal.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

His wife is one of these 5G/Covid conspiracy fruit loops, perhaps he shares similar views.

Whatever, he’s a prat. Hold him in the detention hotel until after the tournament has started than pack him back off to the airport.

And If Mr & Mrs Djokovic do happen to be correct I would pay good money to watch a zombie tennis match.

Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

Thought he had an medical exemption, but his visa was incorrect – so he isn’t getting in due to a bad visa.

No one outside of the parties involved really knows.

We can try and read between the lines. He was cleared to play in the tournament under the AO’s rulebook which I believe includes a vaccine exemption if he’s had Covid recently. There are a few other possibilities written into their rule book, which you can find online. The AO put out a statement basically asking Novac to publicly share his reason for exemption because the AO can’t disclose medical information. He didn’t.

The immigration people have a different rulebook and Novac was, apparently directly instructed by the AO that he also needed to, separately, conform to immigration rules. The immigration rules don’t include an exemption for recent Covid infection, so the best guess is that he claimed he recently had Covid, which would satisfy the AO but not immigration. Again, we don’t know. It’s also possible that the immigration people require a higher standard of proof/documentation than the AO, or something like that.

He apparently didn’t fill in the vaccine exemption form for his visa, or didn’t do it correctly. Perhaps because it was overlooked (seems unlikely), or (more likely) he didn’t actually have a valid exemption and just assumed he’d be let in due to his fame. Either way, it seems to have been a very popular move by Scott Morrison, so perhaps there is an element of ‘playing politics’ here, or at the very least sending a message to Australians that this sort of nonsense will not be tolerated.

I’m not 100% sure on the length of time for the different vaccines, but you’re not supposed to have a vaccine within x months of a recent infection, because you may get an exaggerated immune response to the vaccine and potentially more side effects (and also less benefit if you’ve already got circulating antibodies). So if he’s had Covid recently, he can’t subsequently get a vaccine. Of course, he’s had a year to get a vaccine so I have limited sympathy for him falling foul, if that is indeed the case.

Premier Icon dantsw13
    Free Member

Boblo – that may well be true, but it isn’t a valid medical exemption from getting the jab. Medically he could have got vaccinated but doesn’t want to.

As I’ve read/heard it, he has entered on a class of visa that doesn’t allow medical exemptions. It’s a border issue, nothing to do with tennis.

Premier Icon scuttler

Presumably elite sports people train multiple times per day every day.

I presume the Aussies would be happy for him to bugger off on a private jet and train elsewhere until they’ve sorted his appeal and the whinings of his country’s government.

Premier Icon richmtb

95% of the world today

Premier Icon boblo
    Free Member

Hitting the ball off the wall

Cue Jockyvich memes of him slamming his balls off various walls… 😀

Premier Icon sirromj

**** me if this is what cheers you up good luck.

Premier Icon boblo
    Free Member

Boblo – that may well be true, but it isn’t a valid medical exemption from getting the jab.

Yeah I’m not defending him just responding to the question put with a speculative answer. Makes sense to me that if you’ve had it, you’ve got antibodies and if you’ve had the jab, you’ve got antibodies. Whether they’re the same antibodies or one trumps the other, IDK. The non jab after Covid cos of the potential reaction is just a red herring (I think).

You’ve either got active qualifying antibodies or you haven’t. How you get them should be irrelevant?

Premier Icon b230ftw
    Free Member

Cue Jockyvich memes of him slamming his balls off various walls… 😀

Well if he wants to punish himself in such a personal way thats his choice but I don’t want to watch videos of it…… 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 334 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.