Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On-one Maccatuskil – any good?
  • Clink

Potentially after a xc hardtail. I want 100mm forks, ‘modern’ xc geo, lightish, internal dropper routing.
    Looking at 2nd hand Procaliber but the Maccatuskil caught my eye. Review on bikeradar is very positive, but any real world feedback on ownership?

Clink

Not popular then!

matt_outandabout

It’s an on one.
    Therefore it’s highly likely to have a ‘feature’ that was not intended for in the design, such as baggy seat tube, geometry nothing like suggested or paint that blows away in the wind.
    It may also have need of a warranty, but will then discover that on ones approach to customer service is lacking.

Personally, I think there are better companies to hand my money to.

Clink

^ yep, reputation makes me a tad nervous!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It’s an on one.
    Therefore it’s highly likely to have a ‘feature’ that was not intended for in the design, such as baggy seat tube, geometry nothing like suggested or paint that blows away in the wind.

It’s also expensive, which coupled with the brand issues isn’t great

Having said that I’ve a scandal that is fine, a mark two Parkwood which is great and was cheap and replaced the under designed MK1 Parkwood I got secondhand

johnnystorm

Scott Scales with huge discount over at Rutland cycling last time I looked, the Maccatuskil seems to be quite pricey at the moment, no doubt it’ll drop again soon.

jonnyboi

Wow, what an original name.

Clink

Cheers for the Rutland link but all 27.5

southcoaststeve
    Free Member

I’ve recently purchased one and love it, the price seemed reasonable for the component spec with a carbon frame, I looked at loads of other stuff and couldn’t find similar for the money. I was not aware of the bad reputation and a couple of my buddies ride on ones and rate them (not maccatuskils though)

The customer service for ordering was a bit rubbish, I was planning on using the 0% finance that they list on the on one website, but they don’t actually offer it on this bike and refused to honour it. However I had the money anyway and after weeks of comparing other bikes, decided to go with it.

Bike arrived within 5 days and was built well (I checked all bolts etc.. all good and secure)

I think it rides very well, much better than my old 29er, it is surprisingly nimble (760mm bars help this) climbs well and copes perfectly with the downhill bits in my local forest.

I’ve not yet taken it to a bike park, but will later in the year, I expect it to be fine.

It isn’t as light as my buddies Scott Scale 920, but I couldn’t find one of those for the same money.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On-one Maccatuskil – any good?’ is closed to new replies.