Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • OK give me a synopsis- what happened at on-one?
  • billyboulders
    Free Member

Can’t be bothered to read 200+ posts and was out snow riding yesterday night so missed the “press release”
    BTW anyone know how to get thawed muddy ice marks out the carpet? – Bike looked so good covered in snow it had to come in the kitchen last night!, mrs boulders not so happy this morning 😕

ourmaninthenorth

brant leaves on-one to set up own brand – shedfire – which will be distributed through CRC and shops.

The end.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Are we still allowed to love our Inbreds or do we need to scrap them?

Stoner
    Free Member

shedfire isnt the brand, that’s his company.

jonb
    Free Member

Inbreds will now become collectors items, selling for obscene money on ebay.

steve_b77
    Free Member

money?

ourmaninthenorth

I know that, stoner. Shed Fire Limited. Brand name to be notified to the plebs like us.

i doubt very much that the gas pipe inbred will become a collector’s item for some considerable time yet. And, besides, what with the drop in commodity prices, it’s current value is diminishing as we speak.

theboatman
    Free Member

So like SSC distributed through CRC?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Thank christ he’s not branding the bike shedfire…

And no crap Superstar-esq logos either please…

brant
    Free Member

You don’t like shedfire as a brand name? I kind of do, but right now it’s not in first place for the new brand name.

But there are some RIGHT funny names out there, doncha think, and time makes so many of them feel normal.

I mean:-

Trek – what? Like walking boots?
    GT? – Initials? Gin and Tonic?
    Felt – like fuzzy felt?
    Be-One – be a what?
    Raliegh – like Sir Walter?
    Kona – huh?
    Saracen – a big sword?

or other things:-
    Twitter

all flippin nonsense.

Some of the frames will be red.

twonks

Names and Brands are only ‘weird’ sounding until they are familier.

To me personally, shedfire brings thoughts of heavy steel £100 ‘jump’ bikes that are often seen in national sports shops.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Red?! Nooo! White, make them white! Or at least – please make me one last white inbred ss frame! Please?!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Some of the frames will be red.

i thought specialized had patented ‘red’

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Presumably Shedfires would be suitable items for the CRC flood sale. Ba-boom

billyboulders
    Free Member

Cheers lads(? could be ladies I suppose?) So when do we see a shedfire bike then?
    -still no advice on the muddy ice stains though, Brant if you’re out there how about a “keeping the mrs happy if you ride an on-one in the snow” consultancy?
    Although I suppose I may not be able to afford it these days 😉
    Good luck to you, I’ve said it before and I’ll stand by it my (now ageing by “mountain biker, gotta have the latest” standards) 456 is possibly the best bike I’ve owned in many years of riding.
    Still owe you for “mountain bike maintenence and repair” keeping my clockwork LX on the (off) road for longer than was decent too. 🙂
    Good Luck

rs
    Free Member

gives us a selection of about 10 colours cause I didn’t like half the on-one ones

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Saracen – a big sword?

What a divvy…

Sarcin

And don’t be dissing Raleigh- been going a bit longer than poxy On-One.

And ‘On-One’? Trying to be all cool and street, with the subtle drug/rave culture references? ‘Oh, I was proper on one’. Bit late 80s/early 90s, no?

Pompino- bit cringeworthy. As is Inbred, tbh.

‘Ee, I’ve bin ridin an inbred’- some sort of Northern Joke, probably…
    😉

brant
    Free Member

i thought specialized had patented ‘red’

Don’t joke.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i wasn’t

jimthesaint

brant – am i right in thinking that the crc connection is that your new stuff will be distributed by hotlines?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Black frames please.

ton

will some of the frames be huuuuuuge. 8)

brant
    Free Member

will some of the frames be huuuuuuge.

You already know the answer to that one.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Is that a no to my 14″ white inbred then Brant?

Stoner
    Free Member

14″?

do your feet reach the floor MM?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

How about Fireshed then – has a ring to it

Hairychested
    Free Member

I lol’ed at Stoner’s.

billyboulders
    Free Member

with the drop in commodity prices

Steel prices are likely to continue their growth in 2008 by about 7-8 per cent on the back of increasing production cost and high consumer demand,

(sorry random google search so didn’t get the source, but all metals are going up at the mo). It’s just our houses, savings, pensions etc that are worth sweet FA.
    Plus I have a green 456, so that will be worth a bit (and I bought it from CRC a few years ago, and have a receipt-oh the irony!) – I’m laughing all the way to the bank. 😀
    Well, I would be if I could find a bank to trust. May as well keep on riding the bugger then. 😀

gingerflash

Brant – have you got an email address at the moment?

brant
    Free Member

him@shedfire.com – it’s sort of in my profile, no?

mamadirt
    Free Member
    Eggbox
    Free Member

him@shedfire.com – it’s sort of in my profile, no? er….no it’s not?

brant
    Free Member

Well http://www.shedfire.com was, then if you scroll down past gracie, there’s my contact info at the bottom.
    Bit too stealth maybe, but then I’ve nowt to sell right now.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Good luck, I’ll come for a frame (if I can afford it and there is my size available) some day.

brant
    Free Member

Ah – fettled my email address to my user tag, and now lost my website link. Ho hum 🙂

GrahamA
    Free Member

You don’t like shedfire as a brand name? I kind of do, but right now it’s not in first place for the new brand name.

It probably meets the two basic criteria of not being somebody’s trade mark and not being a rude work in another language.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Rant Cycles

– Monthly (red crosser?)
    – Irrational (long travel hardtail)
    – Chipp on Shoulder (singlespeed drop bars)
    – Opinionated (XC rigid singlespeed)
    – Swinger (geared short travel XC HT)

etc etc you get the idea 😆

rs
    Free Member

– weirdy beardy (69er – is that the term for 26 rear and 29 front, not the other 69 thing)

miketually
    Free Member

It probably meets the two basic criteria of not being somebody’s trade mark and not being a rude work in another language.

Yep, that would bother Brant 🙂

akira

Saracen was a term used by Europeans in the Middle Ages for Fatimids, I think you meant Scimitars Brant.
    Your point remains the same I’m just feeling overly pedantic at the moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘OK give me a synopsis- what happened at on-one?’ is closed to new replies.