Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Now Barry Knows Better
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

And finance it. You can all help by donating to the hurtwood friends charity. All the money is used for maintenance and development and you can give as much or little as you like. Details on the hurtwood website.

davefarmer
    Free Member

Rode the new 650 metres of trail today, great fun.

It was the only dry and firm part of the whole surreyhills.

A much better faster ending to the trail than that horrible skid down the fall line that was the previous ending.

Definately in keeping with what the surreyhills is all about to me, swoopy woodland singletrack.

grantway
    Free Member

Firstly you guys are doing great work
    But Ilike that cliff face finish its puka
    cant change that. Its what trail riding is all about
    Its a natural part of the Forest, also how to progress
    as a rider.
    I just hope you dont change the similar finish to a trail in Pitch Hill.
    Cant you leave the old finish as an optional end to the trail?

djglover
    Free Member

The best ending to BKB is neither of these 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

Sorry grantway, but you can write a very long wish list for trails here (sustainability, fun, flow, weather resistance, suitability for all etc etc) and get no-where near needing to boost your progress as a rider. The Hurtwood are to be thanked and appreciated for engaging with mountain biking and doing what they can to accommodate us – they have no need or desire to encourage the type of riding that you are missing… and as you point out similar scrabbly slopes do exist nearby if you know where to look.

If we all keep up the good work of being responsible and not tearing up the woods (plus slowing to a crawl when we go past walkers, horses and anyone working) then the land owners will continue to look favourably on us. As will folk such as Surrey Hills AONB, who are very much behind people coming to enjoy our open spaces and maybe boost the local economy at the same time.

bobster
    Free Member

Rode it for the first time tonight – new section is awesome! Almost 3 abreast trying to overtake on the berms on the final run 😛

bigsi
    Free Member

The new ending to BKB was great fun riding it in the dark for the first time tonight. 😀 That 2nd new berm (i call it "The Wall") just seems to disappear downwards into the dark but is oh so fast once you know what to expect and having it ending at the bottom of the bridleway that climbs back up the hill is a good idea as well.

Top marks for all those who made it happen,,, although its a shame the old ending had to go

freeridenick
    Free Member

djglover – you naughty boy, i know exactly what you 😉 are talking about

AndyRT
    Free Member

is the ending now officially open then?

glenp
    Free Member

Aye – open. Wednesday nights are v busy usually, so might get a bit more feedback tomorrow.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks!

I look forward to trying it out!

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Now Barry Knows Better’ is closed to new replies.