Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Novyparts Splug- any good?
  • chopchop
    Free Member

I’ve been looking around at possible options for a damper upgrade on a set of Yari. The Splug has been mentioned on a few searches but I can’t find much in the way of user feedback or opinion. Anybody here with any experience of one?

LAT

I have no experience of the Splug, so no help there, but I was wondering if you have come across any info on the damper that Fast are working on for the Yari.

kimbers

the fast damper is vailable now, looks very flash but €80 more than the splug.

Im also interested in feedback on either

going to fit a luftkappe in my Yaris and see how they get on

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    otsdr
    Free Member

I don’t see why that Fast plug is more expensive than the Charger in terms of offered functionality.

I’ve fitted an Splug and the updated air piston (luftkappe equivalent) to a 100mm Reba, but only because it was the only available option. I find the fork much better than it was in terms of initial sensitivity and control, but still not comparable to the BOS Dizzy I used most of the summer.

kimbers

ah wondered what the air piston was about- luftkappe is quite a bit cheaper

fast has independent hi & lo compression over charger? (& novyparts)

otsdr
    Free Member

The Novyparts prices include fitting (the default is you send them your fork); the splug + piston kit was 219€ instead of 249.

Fast has independent mid & lo, high is internal via shims, just like charger & novyparts.

kimbers

Im looking at splug, without piston kit as i have a luftkappe, which is €150 + postage which seems reasonable to me

Ill see how the yari is with just luftkappe 1st (vorsprung steve reckons itll be amazeballs- tho he said it wont be any good with 180mm yaris)

cheers for clearing up the hi/lo/mid thing

kimbers

OK ive ordered my Splug €162.5 posted

Im fairly happy with the Yari, but trails at pontypool 2 weeks ago with some long DH runs and still not as smooth as my pikes

£150 worth of uncessary spending or a real improvement (if I can see past my confirmation bias) Ill try and report back  soon

kimbers

Well it arrived, swapped oil to 10wt  and popped in the new damper

initial ride around the block- first off noticed much less braking dive, hopefully get out on sunday and see how it rolls

Bolt

Interested to know if this is a worthwhile upgrade.

Cheers

kimbers

Well, got a few rides in and Im very happy, bit less rebound than before and pressure the same,

its a smoother ride with much less diving.

Not ridden any big dH runs yet, so cant compare on big stuff, but im very pleased overall

kimbers

Bit of a play last night and Im still happy overall, but messing around theres not much change over the full range of compression adjustment

Id like a bit less HSC, but Im not sure if thats possible without a re-shim, have contacted Novy to find out If I can do that myself or if I have to send it back

Think I made an error by not stating my details properly on the original order

Im wondering if the fast damper option may have been better as tehy do a similat thing as well as the posh Yari Up

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>https://www.mrc-trading.de/Nach-Marke/FAST-Suspension/FAST-compression-kit-Daempfungseinheit-fuer-RockShox-Yari.html</span&gt;

kimbers

Maxime from novy has been offering some advice, he reckons that the LSC dial is all about grip and hard to feel off the trail

Got a shockwiz on hire from Swinley Bike Hub tomorrow, gonna see if I can get it dialled !

cnud
    Free Member

Soooo, any updates on the Splug Kimbers? Interested in replacing my moco on a Yari.

kimbers

Well im very happy so far,

Shockwiz was interesting, – to get it happy it need 5 clicks of lsc when it recommend 1or2, as it’s got 30 clicks of adjustment, not a problem

I’ve endend up with another token & less PSI, so honestly it’s hard to make an objective comparison.

I’ve also yet to do any really long & steep stuff, (wges cancelled this weekend now too)

It does bob a bit more on climbs & u can’t lockout, but not really a problem

What I can say is that right now im loving the forks now, more grip, more control, plusher ride, without diving.

I’d be very interested to compare it to the Fast one I linked to above.

Infact (cough stw powers above ,cough,) would be great to see a magazine shootout of aftermarket dampers Vs moco/charger

cnud
    Free Member

Great stuff, thanks for the update. Looks worth a punt then.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Infact (cough stw powers above ,cough,) would be great to see a magazine shootout of aftermarket dampers Vs moco/charger

My FAST 3 way cart was considerably grippier than the standard Charger 1 – the fork tracked the ground better, much more tunable in terms of high speed support as well. Still not quite as good as the FIT4 RC2 damper though, the RC2’s high speed damping adjustments feel finer and more usable where as with the FAST damper there was a very fine line – a couple of clicks between the fork feeling pretty good and the forks high speed compression circuit very suddenly blowing off and allowing the fork to lurch through its travel.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Novyparts Splug- any good?’ is closed to new replies.