Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nils Amelinckx, Rider Resilience Founder and all round nice guy: 1987-2023
  • stwhannah

Since his cancer diagnosis, Nils Amelinckx has been urging us to ‘make the days count, rather than to simply count the days’. He certainly did that. W …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Nils Amelinckx, Rider Resilience Founder and all round nice guy: 1987-2023

rOcKeTdOg

Truly sad but I’m positive Nils would rather we weren’t upset but got out to do what ever sport or hobby we love instead and make the most of the time we have on this planet.

A truly inspiring guy who I only met in person once but had conversations by email and txt around helping out @riderresilience He definitely changed my outlook on life in that short time and he’ll live on through his amazing photography and riding

strack69

Sad to hear this. Condolences to all his family and friends.

R.I.P Nils.

Mounty_73

Very sad to hear. Condolences to all his family and friends.

R.I.P

stanley

I’m so sorry to read this. I had always hoped to meet Nils; his writing and attitude has been an inspiration as I fight my own S4 battles. I was just  thinking about him a couple of days ago… wondering how he was doing. I’ll continue to wear my Rider Resilience gear with pride and will always give a thought to Nils when I see it.

Condolences and best wishes to his family, friends and colleagues.

boxelder

So creative, encouraging, supportive and understanding. Nils made things happen, and those things were always brilliant. Thank You Nils.

blokeuptheroad

Inspirational man.  I only came to know of him through his STW magazine article a while bike, which made me read more about rider resilience.  His positive attitude in the face of such adversity was truly humbling.

“If I wasn’t going to be able to add days to my life, I wanted to make sure I would add life to my days”

You certainly did that fella.

Sanny
    Free Member

Desperately sorry to be reading this. I got to know Nils through doing several sponsored pieces for Lyon. He was a genuinely lovely person. One of life’s good guys who will be sorely missed. I always secretly hoped that he would continue to defy the odds but sadly that was not to be the case. I realise that words cannot ever capture adequately the impact someone makes in their life but I know for certain his kindness and positive outlook on life touched many people over the years, both least myself.

Sanny

matt_outandabout

Another one who read his piece on STW and was both inspired and touched by it.

Condolences to his young family.

daverhp

Bloody hell- I used to work with Nils at Lyon. Really nice guy. I made the mistake of going out riding with him once. Bit humbling.
    So sorry to hear this.

tenfoot

Too young. Condolences to his family. 

muddylegs
    Free Member

Sad news. I’ll wear my rider resilience teeshirt with even more pride now. RIP Nils.

georgesdad

Terribly sad news. I never met Nils but his “Excess Baggage” article gave me much food for thought on how I might cope with a similar diagnosis. He sounds like a truly brave and inspiring man and he will no doubt be hugely missed. Condolences to his family and may you forever ride free, Nils.

duckman

What.a.guy. Godspeed Nils.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.