New Doctor is a lady…

Home Forum Chat Forum New Doctor is a lady…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • New Doctor is a lady…
  • She’s totally gorgeous to boot!

gordimhor

Which doctor?

Jamie

Adam’s doctor I think?

AdamW

No, THE Doctor! Sheesh! ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

So will she have a young man assisting her (Matt lucas does not count)

spacemonkey

She can fettle with my sonic screwdriver anytime.

Premier Icon slackboy
    Subscriber

David Walliams would be better. He’d make a great lady doctor

AdamW

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_bSdWEYK8[/video]

I can’t wait to be honest. Suggest you don’t read below the line on the video as there are a lot of bitter nasty types lurking.

gordimhor

Ah I understand now she’s a fettler then this doctor, a bit like these chaps
    [video]https://youtu.be/YTro1w144S4[/video]

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

ah thought i recognised the name, just googled and its the lass from broadchurch. aye shes lovely, her mouth always reminded me of frank lampard tho which put me off somewhat ๐Ÿ™‚

They can’t even do three sets at Wimbledon; I don’t see why they should be allowed to play Doctor Who.

Jamie

Not watched it in a while, but does Dr Who come up against many tennis based enemies?

Maybe. maybe not. I’ve never watched it in my life. That’s not the point though.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Jodie has kicked alien ass before.

Still going to take something to get me to watch Dr Who again though, not enjoyed them for years now.

chewkw

Not niche (representative) enough … ๐Ÿ™„

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Which doctor?

Doctor Which?

chewkw

maccruiskeen – Member

Which doctor?

Doctor Which? [/quote]Witch doctor where? ๐Ÿ˜†

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A[/video]

AdamW

Jody Whittaker.

Coo. Sounds interesting! Lets hope she’s a good ‘un!

Subscriber

Not watched it in a while, but does Dr Who come up against many tennis based enemies?

The Masters?

chewkw

davidtaylforth – Member

That’s a funny song. ๐Ÿ˜†

Rorschach

DrP has had the op?

does Dr Who come up against many tennis based enemies?

Silence in Court.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE[/video]

๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Still going to take something to get me to watch Dr Who again though, not enjoyed them for years now

Most recent series, the last Capaldi one was quite different to other recent series and much more like the first few series of the reboot. It got very bonkers around Amy Pond and then even more unfathomably bonkers with Clara Oswald.

The Dr made a reference to a change of heart at the end of the penultimate series IIRC, so I think it’s a deliberate decision possibly initiated by Capaldi, not sure.

Premier Icon deadkenny
    Subscriber

Whole pile of nope.

Not about picking a woman, but that I can’t see her as The Doctor. Plus is clearly just chosen to a) have a woman, and b) Chibnall favours her from his Broadchurch show.

The actor playing The Doctor should be the right person for the role. Tilda Swinton would fit the role in my opinion. But only if in a room of choices, she’s there with other women and men, and she’s the best choice. Not because she’s a woman.

I don’t feel Jodie has been chosen for that reason.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Not because she’s a woman

In many circumstances I’d agree with you, but there are also situations where statements have to be made. The fight is not yet won.

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

Awwww, was totally hoping it would be Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Premier Icon darrenspink
    Subscriber

Should of been Tilda Swinton but im guessing she said no along with everyone else the BBC approached.

CountZero

They can’t even do three sets at Wimbledon; I don’t see why they should be allowed to play Doctor Who.

Loser. ๐Ÿ™„
    Since the reboot, there hasn’t been an episode that trawls the depths of mediocrity like pretty much every one that came after Tom Baker, but I doubt many here can remember back that far.
    Capaldi came closest to the first, and to my mind the best Doctor, William Hartnell, but then, I watched Doctor Who from the first episode, and gave up after Baker, until it was resurrected.

darrenspink – Member
    Should of been Tilda Swinton but im guessing she said no along with everyone else the BBC approached.

Don’t be bloody daft, the Beeb just wouldn’t have been able to afford her!

jon1973

It’s great that the new Dr. Who is a women, if for no other reason than to see the Dail Mail comments section go into meltdown.

Premier Icon deadkenny
    Subscriber

More important is how Mumsnet reacts.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Since the reboot, there hasn’t been an episode that trawls the depths of mediocrity like pretty much every one that came after Tom Baker, but I doubt many here can remember back that far.

He’s not being serious. Add to that the average age on here is in mid 40s IIRC.

wallop – Member
    Awwww, was totally hoping it would be Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Me too.

chewkw

Since it’s going to go all comedy for Dr Who now, I rather have Tamsin Greig coz I think she is funny. As in The Episode. Surely the Beeb can afford her?

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Tamsin is already busy at the BBC, she’s Radio Borsetshire’s Hungarian correspondent.

chewkw

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Tamsin is already busy at the BBC, she’s Radio Borsetshire’s Hungarian correspondent.

Oh I don’t know that … I now need to watch that. ๐Ÿ˜›

Subscriber

Tom Baker, but I doubt many here can remember back that far.

If you can remember Tom Baker then you weren’t there.

enfht

Hope her new sonic screwdriver will have sandwich-making capabilities.

I now need to watch that

Who’s going to tell him?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.