Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New capra – anyone got one yet?
  • julians
    Free Member

It Looks really good, what do you think of it?

colp

We got one for my son 2 months ago, our 5th YT (4 Capras and a Tues)

It’s the CF model with SRAM kit.

Next to an older model you can see how much longer it is and looks beefier.

Unfortunately it came with a faulty shock (no rebound control at all) which we immediately sent back to YT under warranty.

Got it back 2 weeks later exactly the same, so we had to send it back again. Apparently it’s still with SRAM so 2 months later and still no working bike.

I’m sure it will eventually be great but I’m furious with YT at the moment, their customer service is terrible. I think they’re selling so many bikes they just don’t care. I’ve spent around £16k with them and they won’t do a thing off their flowchart to speed things up.

julians
    Free Member

Doesnt spund good.

I presume youve not had chance to ride it then?

muggomagic

Yes and I think it is f**king awesome.

muggomagic

Got it back 2 weeks later exactly the same, so we had to send it back again. Apparently it’s still with SRAM so 2 months later and still no working bike.

This was my biggest worry about buying a bike from a direct sales company. Had I not had another bike in the garage I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have bought the capra. I’ve been lucky with mine so far and had no issues. Hope you get it sorted soon.

julians
    Free Member

Muggo  – care to elaborate a bit?

Which model did you get? How does it compare to previous  bikes youve owned? Where do you ride it?

Cheers

oikeith

I’m sure it will eventually be great but I’m furious with YT at the moment, their customer service is terrible.

I’ve had stuff go to SRAM and Shimano for warranty and take months via my LBS! The most annoying one was when some brakes failed on a new bike, the warranty took 6 weeks as the guy at the distro who sorts it was on holiday and no one was covering his work! He then had a backog to deal with apparently! Still never figured out if this was true or my LBS were having me on…

muggomagic

I went for the 27AL

It goes up much better than I expected. Fire road type climbs it’s pedals nicely enough and up techy climbs it never seems to lose traction and my legs are always first to give up. When I bought it, it was going to just be for bike parks, enduro races or when I went somewhere a bit rockier than the South Downs and Surrey where I normally ride and use my 2016 carbon stumpjumper for general stuff, but since I bought it I’d been trying to get some miles in on it to get it set up and get used to it so have been using it for general trail riding duties and it has been surprisingly effortless on these rides. I haven’t at any point felt like it was slowing me up or tiring me out.

When you point it down though it’s an absolute blast. Just carries speed way better than any other bike I’ve had before. Yet still quite playful and I can still pop it off little kickers like I do on my stumpjumper.

I’m really impressed with it. Taking it to Windhill and BPW this weekend so really looking forward to that.

Here it is in all its glory

ogden
    Free Member

I’ve got a 29er on order

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got a 29er on order

You have my sympathies, especially with the current NHS waiting times. I’d consider going private.

ogden
    Free Member

You have my sympathies, especially with the current NHS waiting times. I’d consider going private.

Not a fan of 29ers?

julians
    Free Member

So , ive ordered a 27.5 CF PRO in red, size large.

Looks great on paper , it will be replacing my 2015 orbea rallon.

It should be here towards the end of may /beginning of june.

Not sure if the e13 tyres will be a bit draggy, and not sure about that e13 cassette, but the rest of the spec looks great.

Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve got the e13 tyres on my Jeffsy and the HR2’s on the Capra.  Very impressed with the e13 tyres.  Super grippy but dont seem to drag more than the HR2’s.  I think when the HR2’s wear out on the Capra I will put the e13’s on it.  Done lots of miles on them in mixed conditions, no complaints.  Possibly the best tyre so far and I’m a serial tyre swopper.  Only change the rear for a Rock Razor when its dry and not too steep.

Also found the e13 cassette fine on the Jeffsy, no noticable difference between that and my SRAM one on the Capra.  So all seems OK with the e13 stuff.

ogden
    Free Member

How do you find the e13 dropper?

jamj1974

A lovely looking bike!  Very nice indeed!

muggomagic

A lovely looking bike! Very nice indeed!

Thanks. It’s definitely the best looking bike I’ve had. Gotta say the more I ride it the more impressed I am with it too. In the last week, I’ve had a day and windhill and BPW where it’s was just fantastic. Then a local ride in the woods in tight singletrack which was so much fun, popping it off little kickers and weaving between the trees then today an xc ride over the South Downs with my son. All of those types of riding it’s so easy and enjoyable to ride.

julians
    Free Member

So, do yt typically ship their bikes out on the date they indicated or are they known for delays?

My cf pro is supposed to ship next week, just wondering if i should not get my hopes up for an on time delivery.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New capra – anyone got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.