Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • New Build any feedback please
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

jruk
    Free Member

There’s foam on the ground, a small weed that needs removing and your seatpost, stem, bars and saddle don’t match. Anything else? 😉

DaveRambo

saddle is too low – or the frame is too big.

Some of the bricks look slightly uneven.

Glad to be of help 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

It’s a bike. Need to know anything else?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

godzilla
    Free Member

I like the blue brick. Move the the pebbles off he drain cover..

Rubber-Duck

I have one the same with a similar build up. I like it. 😀

DaveRambo

Second photo is a lot better.

A slightly lower angle for the photo would show it off better.
    Saddle in correct, full height position.
    Pedals should be level or the one near the camera at 10 oclock.
    Some gravel is slightly blocking the drain cover.

On a less serious not I think it looks rather good – liking the red accents.

Seat dropper cable needs shortening though.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Front brake hose looks too tight in th slower photo, uppy downy seat post outer needs to be routed in a better way, maybe by removing the massive loop beneath the cross bar? ODI logo on grips isn’t horizontal to the ground

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Front brake hose looks too tight in the second photo,

Upon downy seat post outer needs to be routed in a better way, maybe by removing the massive loop beneath the cross bar?

ODI logo on grips isn’t horizontal to the ground

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

The wheels are too small 😉

Nice build btw

jruk
    Free Member

What a lovely bunch we are 🙂

reedspeed
    Free Member

If i were id remove those pebbles from the bottom of the fall pipe,you could have blocked drain if not..bikes ok !.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Looks beefy 😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

I like the contrast of the blue against the biege wall. It reminds me of hockneys early work.

What size are your rotors? From this angle it looks like the big ones on the back, when tradition states the big one should be up front.

Nice though, well done.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Swivel the reverb remote round your bar a bit as if turn the bike over to fix a puncture, it will snap off. Nice though.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Blue is common, I prefer (my) gritstone – for stealth 😈

choron
    Free Member

Need to route the rear brake cable inside the frame to prevent crushing against the seat stay in a crash. Also, you seem to have jazzed yourself over the sheer beauty of it…

Nice bike.

garage-dweller

Tyre logos and valve alignment, how has noone spotted that!

Other than that it looks good.

shifter
    Free Member

Looks great, but as you ask – fork looks too long, too many spacers under stem and the stem itself is minging. Everything else – fab 🙂

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Nevermind the saddle is too low.. Stw breaks my balls with all of pics of ridiculously high seats.

jackal
    Free Member

Brake levers pointing down at a ridiculous angle, surely you can’t ride it (fast) like that? 😯
    They’re also prob too far outboard, but it’s hard to tell from those pics.
    Too many spacers under the stem and bars too high rise.

Other than that nice build 😉

kayak23

Do you use a ladder to get to your bars?
    Maybe about a yard less spacers under the stem, and the stem itself? Fat…not with a ‘PH’…
    Aside from that and the pebbles around the drain cover, really lovely build. 🙂

wwaswas

I recognise that white stuff;

Badger?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

very similar to my beefy build actually.

I’d lower the bar, as said. You have spacers and a high rise and a short stem, which all pitch your weight backwards. Unless you have really shorts arms then this has the potential to unbalance the setup. Good for the downs, but a wheelie-fest uphill. I find more weight on the front gives more grip on flat and mid-steepness descents, especially when run my fork (uturn Lyrik) on the longer, 145mm+ travel. I run a 19mm rise bar, no rise stem and no spacers.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments, particularly helpful explanation on the stem, bars etc. Better get out and ride it now.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Lowering the stem makes a real difference, the bike WAS all over the place with the spacers and stem I was using, nearly on the back wheel the whole time when climbing all the way up the hill …horrible.

Revised the cable runs for rear brakes and Reverb slightly as per advice on here. Thanks again all.

shifter
    Free Member

Now looks like it means business!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Like your front fender thing.I,d always have a water bottle attached to the frame.Who wants a sweaty back?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Think that saddle might be a bit painful on+ 3 hour rides.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The forks are too long and the brakes look a bit big, but other than that, well done!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

What is with all the zip ties? Why must all the cables be connected to each other in some way?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘New Build any feedback please’ is closed to new replies.