Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New bike day*
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Turned out a bit mad this, I demoed the bike and was quite prepared to wait for the new stock and black colour later in the year as all was sold out.
    Fortunately I came across the crazy coil Helms whilst on holiday in Grantown and was still going to build up a black frame with some tasteful silver bits… then I got an offer on one of the last medium yellows that was too good to refuse.

And this is what we’ve ended up with, some kind of fruit salad/tutti fruiti bike that’s a bit ridiculous….and if it wasnt for the good sense of Mike@20Twentybikes I’d have plastered the whole thing in oil slick and pink.

If you’re going to be ridiculous may as well do it properly. Might still powder coat the super deluxe coil to match the fork.

Heading up to Banchory tomorrow to collect the bike and go ride..I am excited.

monkeyboyjc

Nice

Mintyjim

Real noice!

jamj1974

That looks ace! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TEAM SCHMOO!

kayak23

Looks a weapon 👌

joebristol

You still sneaked some oil slick pedals on which look good though. I like the whole thing, looks great!

tdog
    Free Member

Better show us and everyone else how to ride it then as that thing is mega tutti so u best ride fruity to match!

😜

lovin high pivot bikes- I have a high pivot along with a m8 on his high pivot DH rig

dumbbot
    Free Member

So this also has the 150mm linkage apparently more progressive and better suit to coils. I wanted something distinctly different to my Swarf
    Contour short travel steel full suss…as capable and fun as the Swarf is I felt I was getting noticeably more fatigued on longer, steeper off piste stuff that my friends. I’d keep up with them for the first few runs of the day then blow up, a 115mm single pivot bike has is pros and cons and obviously it’s about the rider not the bike but I thought it was time for some skills compensation with more travel.
    I did actually think about asking Adrian at Swarf to build me his longer travel Vortex/155, but after demoing the Highlander and being blown away by the high pivot suspension I just had to have one.

Obviously people are going to see the bike and think I’m some kind of ripper, nothing could be further from the truth…I just have questionable taste.

greeny30
    Free Member

Quite conservative with the Hope colours considering the rest.
    Oneup oil slick, very tempting.

ta11pau1

My, that’s bright.

PINK!! 😁

matt_outandabout

The important question with such a ‘delightful’ colour scheme is….

What could you possibly be wearing while riding that to ‘complement’…

argee

Looks nice and very interested in this type of frame, maybe one day when my current one breaks, what are the wheels, is that hopes on xm481s?

Hope you get some riding in before the weather changes, nothing worse than having to strip off nearly new tyres to get the mud ones on!

dumbbot
    Free Member

Yes they are Hopes on Xm481, could’ve had Ex511’s but im not a rim killer or a fat lad so no need I figured.

I’ve got the Wild Enduros on my other bike and ran them through Scottish winter last year no problem, I dont do switching tyres,..

Clearly i do need some Morvelo ‘**** Cancer’ pink socks to go with the bike..shame they dont do them anymore.

kelron
    Free Member

The important question with such a ‘delightful’ colour scheme is….

What could you possibly be wearing while riding that to ‘complement’…

Black and white?

ElShalimo

Nah…it’s fruit salad

chakaping
    Free Member

There are quite a lot of nice bikes posted on here, but that is absolutely sensational.

kingofthetoys

More pink and oil slick! 👍🏻👌🏻

Alex

That’s ace. And I never thought that’d be something I’d be saying about a bike with pink forks 🙂

I rode one of the demo’s in Malaga early this year (with an air shock) and again in the FoD a few months later. That rear end is basically sourcery 🙂

Really different looking bike, I’m sure it’ll ride as good as it looks.

martinhutch

Nah, it’s Rhubarb and Custard

Needs a bright green anodised chainring, really.

I’d love to have a play on a Highlander. Which sounds wrong. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New bike day*’ is closed to new replies.