Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • New Bike Car
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I suspect there’s more practical things but I’m pretty bloomin’ pleased with it. First trip up to the Lakes this weekend – The Struggle will be, erm, interesting…

It has the unusual benefit of being entirely brown, so it doesn’t really matter how muddy I get.

bearGrease

That’s made me grin. Have fun, you’re looking good!

Yak

Approves 😀

legend
    Free Member

That looks brilliant and shit all at once 🙂 well played

psycorp
    Free Member

That looks brilliant and shit all at once well played

Ha, nice description.

munrobiker
    Free Member

That looks brilliant and shit all at once

I think that’s the dictionary definition of brown Porsche 924s.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow, I’m impressed/surprised.

Sweepstake on how long he keeps it anyone? 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

Al – My aim is to get rid of it towards the end of the year, we’ve got some European adventures planned for the summer.

The plan had been to buy a big luxo barge V8 like a 740i just before we left then sell it on our return but this was cheap enough to justify keeping it longer.

Tracey

Where there’s a will there’s a way, enjoy it.

In the eighties we once travelled from South Yorkshire to Anglesey in a Nissan Micra with four windsurfers, a bag of sails, masts and booms all on the roof, we folded the back seats down to get two Marin Bear Valleys in with the wheels off and all the gear needed for a week.
    Never again, got back and swapped it for an estate with roof rails.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Excellent! I had a 944 for a while – brilliant cars, and the boot space is quite usable with the back ‘seats’ folded.

Had to sell due to lack of air con 🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

Tracey, fortunately there will just be two of us, camping gear and two holdalls in the car. It does have some cupholders that are alleged to be rear seats but i pity whoever has been made to sit in them!

As Dorset Knob says, once the seats are down it’s actually a good load lugger.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So
    Much
    ORSUMNEZZ

jonnyboi

tremendous, I would leave the bikes there permanently as breakdown cover though.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oooo, I love that! I have a weird hankering for a 924/944…

hooli

Brilliant 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Friend of mine had a 924, it was a surprisingly decent bike car with the deats down (or possibly just taken out). His had a big boot spoiler (possibly from the 944) so when it rained if you opened the boot all the water that had pooled in the spoiler poured straight down into the boot. But apart from that…

wiggles
    Free Member

My cousin had one of them, rolled it down a embankment into a pet shop 😯

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sounds awful, hope there weren’t any bikes on the roof 🙂

righog
    Free Member

Awesome, You could get the tin snips and welder out a build yourself one of these bad boys.

righog
    Free Member

Are we there yet ?

mcnultycop

Ace choice; owned a yellow 914/6 briefly and it was great fun, if completely impractical and unreliable.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well, it’s? first big run was a success. Unfortunately there wasn’t time to turn it into a DP shooting brake before we went. Or sort the ruined wheel bearings.

However, it rallies moderately well.

And there was only a small amount of hard shoulder time when a brake disc cover fell off. It could also do with the handbrake being fettled.

But most importantly it got us to a great weekend of bikes and only added to the entertainment.

righog
    Free Member

and only added to the entertainment.

What an Ace way to choose a car 🙂

matt_outandabout

Milkie
    Free Member

That’s the beauty of these old cars… Take you to some great riding locations and provide entertainment on route! 😉

itstartedwithakona
    Free Member

Fully approve of inappropriate bike cars!

This was mine for 3 years

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Nice, but not as brown as my El Camino:

jamesoz

The handbrake being crap is quite often the pad retainer springs failing, assuming it’s got disks all round being an S.

Had 944’s for years, 2.5, 2.7, 3.0 and turbo. IIRC the 924s is a slightly detuned 2.5 944 engine.

Great bike cars, two bikes will fit in the back.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Jamesoz- it’s just a 924 so has rear drums 😯

I’ve fettled the brakes now so they work, a simple job with a screwdriver in the drums, upped the idle speed a bit and have the front wheel bearings and discs to replace this weekend, which hopefully won’t be too catastrophic.

It’s the radio electrics that are really driving me nuts at the moment. One last crack at that tonight then I’ll probably sack that off as a bad job.

jamesoz

Oops, misread it as a 924s. The front wheel bearings are dead easy.

hanchurch
    Free Member

That’s mint!

Milkie
    Free Member

It’s the radio electrics that are really driving me nuts at the moment. One last crack at that tonight then I’ll probably sack that off as a bad job.

What’s wrong with the Anker Bluetooth speaker? We use a BT speaker as the car doesn’t have front speakers, rears just rattle and the SQ of the BT is better than the fitted stereo!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Car’ is closed to new replies.