Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Neglected other half…
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

Valencia – city & beach. It’s a lot more relaxed than Barca.

Girona – beautiful small city, loads of good restaurants, Only an hour or so on the train from Barca.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Good call on Girona,

also, for variety, if you are near Stansted, try Rzeszow, in Poland, stay at the Grand Hotel

http://www.grand-hotel.pl/en/

A real alt. city break and really very plush hotel for a great price

Alternatively, have you tried booting her out?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not trying to be a dick, but if I were treating someone I’d try to avoid subjecting them to the Ryanair experience.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Florence is stunning. Go off the beaten track for food. Research.

BillMC

I’d second Tallinn, the right sized place for a weekend. Good food in the restaurants and good beer that’s a good bit cheaper than elsewhere in Scandinavia. Bath is a beautiful city and benefits from the spa centre (highly recommended) plus lots of pubs that have live music on plus some interesting shops eg the Yellow Shop.
    Italian cities are great but I always feel like I’m being fleeced and I’m afraid on every trip I’ve made to Portugal since 1975 I’ve directly or indirectly been affected by pickpockets and thieves (I had less hassle in Salvador and Guatemala!).

binners

The Northern Riviera, obviously…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’m not trying to be a dick, but if I were treating someone I’d try to avoid subjecting them to the Ryanair experience.

some things are just effortless

😛

bazzer
    Free Member

If your not skint then Zermatt is lovely.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Great Yarmouth.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

don’t give in now,….she was just getting used to it!! 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

Barcelona if she’s into city breaks or maybe Nice or Annecy in France. In the UK Careys Manor and Spa has always been a good experience or The Haven at Sandbanks which is nice for a quiet weekend too.
    Annecy would be my call TBH it’s a lovely place, all romantic and ting.

crankboy
    Free Member

how are you getting on at the moment ? If badly then weekend some where exciting and distracting i’d say Paris Rome or Barcelona. If you just need time together then an English country Pub with good food i was recommended the Rose and Crown at Romaldkirk which was faultless for a romantic weekend.

zanelad
    Free Member

Dogging Saturday, Car boot Sunday.

What girl could resist such a weekend.

philb88
    Free Member

Rome definitely.

Worked out cheaper than Paris or Venice. Also has the STW approval of having superb coffee every 50yds

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i agree Rome is ace, didnt like Florence tho, stinks.

one of the nicest cities ive been to thats a bit less touristy was Salzburg!

rOcKeTdOg

take a bus up Fiesole

popular girl in her day then?

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Took the other half to Barcelona for her birthday in December after recommendations from here earned lots of browine points
    Stayed at this place
    http://www.petitpalace.co.uk/hotel-museum-from-barcelona/
    Few blocks from main square where the aero bus shuttle stops so really easy transfer from airport

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I’d ask one of her friends for suggestions rather than a bunch of people you dont know on the internet…looks a lot more thoughtful, if you’re genuinely trying to show her you care about her…..(could even save you some cash for a new bike if you find out she wants to go to Skegness cos her dog was buried there)

singletrackmind

Off the wall but how about a Dinner bed and breakfast at Raymond Blancs Maison au Quatre Saisons.
    Depends if she likes posh nosh or not. Easy to get to , wont cost you a weeks pay , home in time for countryfile Sunday, and not knackered for the next 48hrs , unless you live in Fort William, as thats a good 7hr drive.

enfht
    Free Member

+1 Luton

You might not need to fly there either.

deadslow

Weekend skiing in the Alps. Fly into Geneva, in resort in less than 1.5hrs

slackboy

Off the wall but how about a Dinner bed and breakfast at Raymond Blancs Maison au Quatre Saisons.
    Depends if she likes posh nosh or not. Easy to get to , wont cost you a weeks pay , home in time for countryfile Sunday, and not knackered for the next 48hrs , unless you live in Fort William, as thats a good 7hr drive.

Cheaper to go to Paris for the weekend. Bit stuffy too I thought

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

One of the less populated canary islands? Camp in some hut next to the beach, no phones, wireless or watches etc?

FB-ATB

Timing is critical too, as a recent poster found out.

egb81
    Free Member

I hated Rome, found it to be the most hateful place I’ve been since London. Prague, Budapest, Valencia, Stockholm, Bergen, Oslo, Vienna, Berlin are all very nice. Bath Spa is pretty great with a lady friend.

Cletus

Budapest and stay at the Kempinski Corvinus hotel – 5* luxury for £75 per night

bedmaker

Harris.
    Switch off your phone. Potter around.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Neglected other half…’ is closed to new replies.