Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • MZ 44 ATA bargain £119 – help me decide to buy/not buy it
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I don't have alot of cash. This is the bargain fork I'm interested in:

WIGGLE LINK

It's to go on my TranceX, taking off and freeing up the F120 to put on my XC HT. I realise the MZ is about 0.5kg heavier, but it's coil and prolly stiffer/beefier.

1) Is is OK?
    2) Isn't this one that can be extended to 140mm by removing a spacer?
    3) These have a longer crown-axle length than Fox forx don't they?

ta in advance

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sorry just realised that ATA means "Air" so it's not an ATA

What do you think?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

ata = all travel adjust

retro83
    Free Member

Might be better getting some second hand moco recons or similar, those 44s got a shit write up in mbuk didn't they?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well the 44 micro models get a very poor write up on Bike Radar, but they say that the 44s they've had on all year are great. I don't think zocchis naming scheme helps differentiate the models!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

isnt ATA one of the additions that let Marz down with poor reliability? it may be okay as its one of the latest '09 models with thr 3yr warranty Marz introduced in a bid to reassure customers, it is very cheap!

duntstick
    Free Member

Nice, as SR Suntour forks go…………….. 😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"3 Year Guarantee – Servicing not compulsory to keep your warrranty (crash damage/wear and tear excl.)"

😀

am i right thinking that the crown/axle length on zochis is longer than fox?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Used to be, I think its a bit better now.

stanfree
    Free Member

Ive got Marzocchi 44 TST2 fork are these the same models ?. Mine are pretty good but then im a relative newbie to biking. Heres the link for my bike so if someone can have a look and tell me if these are the same.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&partNumber=956490&langId=-1&cm_mmc=Sitename-_-Adult+Bikes%2FMountain+Bikes-_-Na-_-GT+Aggressor+XCR+Mountain+Bike+09+16%22&source=shopping&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=liwrtw&istBid=t

mieszko
    Free Member

Got same ones but 2010 for my mate, looked and felt really good, sturdy but on the heavy side. Apparently they changed couple of things and went back to basics with the design so open bath and some fancy bushings. They didn't blow up yet so all is well. I would stay clear away from all the fancy systems like ATA that was a massive fail on XC700 or other systems. The 44 RLO is just a simple low pressure air spring and a on/off lockout + rebound damping. Nothing special but for that price it is a lot of fork. Also the 2010 model that has 120mm travel can be changed to 140 by removing a spacer, don't know about 2009. 2009 seems to have some metal adjuster whereas 2010 has some plastic ones. 120 notes, don't think You can get anything better brand new for that money and 3 years warranty.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

ta mieszko [odd tag name – what does it mean?]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘MZ 44 ATA bargain £119 – help me decide to buy/not buy it’ is closed to new replies.