Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MTB Biker Friendly Cafe Opened on Gloucester Road, Bristol
  • Taz

Mate / Cycling colleague of mine has just opened a cafe / gym studio near the bottom of the Gloucester Road. Cafe is called Bubalu

He is more than happy for MTB’ers to swing by on route out or back from local rides and has wipe-able leather chairs / sofas :-). Several bike lock up stands across the road with an easy view from the cafe windows / doors.

Flashy
    Free Member

Where exactly?

TooTall
    Free Member

Tell your mate his website is a bit w*nky and takes too long to fire up:

http://www.bubalu.co.uk/

Flash – from the pictures, they’ll NEVER allow you in there! 😀

Taz

Flashy – 4 doors up from the Hobgoblin. No sign outside yet. Some thing about planning permisison???

Too Tall will pass on your comments. Fires up pretty qucik for me!

zomersetglider

I’ll make sure to check it out.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Good news, not sure how many more cafes Glos Rd needs, but good luck to him.

Not sure I’d leave an expensive bike on show for too long in that part of town though, if I did I’d be cycling home via some back routes….

TooTall – you need a new pc and / or net connection, works fine for me.

TooTall
    Free Member

I had a coffee in there on Saturday and those leather chairs are certainly NOT wipe-able! Nice people with good ideas and good coffee – which helps, but take something to put between your muddy ass and the cowhide if post-ride.

I do recommend it for parents with prams – loads of space and they’ll have a kid-friendly area out back in a week. We’ll be back. I can’t help what internet connection I have – but have always hated websites that don’t need bandwidth but use it all.

mikeyb123
    Free Member

Bubalu, Gloucester Road is mine and we are biker friendly. Yeah, have a nice place, but i set this up to be the Health and Fitness Hub for the South West, so want sports people to be involved, use it and have fun here. Certainly want more bikers on my “Cool Wall”. Leather chairs can be wiped down, or i can temporarily cover them for bikers, if needs be. I want people to stop on their way to work and grab something, pit stop stylee, or to stop off on their way back from road cycling / mtb’ing in the evenings / weekends. I have a large fitness studio, a hallway and a large healthy cafe at the front and want people to bring their bikes in. I wouldn’t leave mine out on Glos Rd! Taz, thanks for the plug. Too Tall, long time no see +thanks for coming in. Sorry for the site speed – my internet allows me to watch grot ok, so is good enough for me!! Laters

njee20
    Free Member

I used to live on North Road, about 100 yards from the Hobgoblin, shame I’ve left!

mikeyb123
    Free Member

We’ll be here, so pop in anytime, if local.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MTB Biker Friendly Cafe Opened on Gloucester Road, Bristol’ is closed to new replies.