Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Motorola Moto G???
  • Premier Icon cookeaa

So poking about on amazon because I need a new budget phone ASAP and IIRC there was much love for the Moto G phones, certainly up to the G8ish version(?)

Budget is £100-150 (preferably towards the bottom end of course) and the current contenders in budget are the G22 or the G31, battery capacity, memory size, android version support, etc are drawing me towards them, but that’s just the spec sheets.
    Are these current budget Moto G’s comparable to the older versions, and if not what is?

My current shortlist has some similarly spec’d nokias on it with annoyingly similar ‘G’ prefixed names…

Premier Icon copa
    Free Member

Yep, still as good as ever I reckon.
    Currently have a g31 and it’s same as the old ones – just a bit better.
    Cheap, minimal amount of crap loaded onto them and mad battery life.
    Leave it for 3 or 4 days before charging.

Premier Icon defblade
    Free Member

Only changed from a run of Gs to a Pixel as I got annoyed that my previous G had run out of Android updates… and I wanted some functionality from a newer version. Otherwise fantastic. SWMBO also briefly left the Gs for a Huawei, but hated it and dropped it down the toilet once too often… she’s got a G again now 🙂

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

We had 2 g8’s both were shit and fragile a mile away from the g4 they replaced

Moved to an ulphone

It’s got quirky software but its still working solidly after 2 years.

Premier Icon Saccades
    Free Member

G7 power here, replaced a G5.

Excellent phone.

Premier Icon masterdabber
    Free Member

G9 Power here… excellent, battery life amazing.

Premier Icon cookeaa

That’s what I wanted to hear, only real difference I can see is a faster processor for the ~£10 extra, but I reckon it’s worth going to the top of my budget for that, a slightly posher phone will maybe have support for a wee bit longer…

This is good, I’ve talked myself down from a stupidly overpriced phone on another contract that I really didn’t want…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.