Home Forums Chat Forum Moto GP 2012

• This topic has 377 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 378 total)
  • Moto GP 2012
  • j-cru
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

j-cru – Member

Oh yeah, well done crutchlow, superb result again.

Only sort of – best of the also rans and well beaten by his teammate

Surely stoner best of the also rans, i.e. not on podium, but yeah cal got dropped a bit. His overall position in the championship looks good tho.

billysugger
    Free Member

Most interesting thing about that was Ellison on his mtb :mrgreen:

And Lorenzo celebration, WTF. Then again he could have always put the space man suit on again.

Woody
    Free Member

Didn’t find the race very interesting TBH but what is it about Pedrosa. Has he finally realised that if he stays on the bike and remains uninjured he has a very good chance of winning? Lets hope so.

Well done Crutchlow. It’s going to be very interesting to see who is riding what next year and I got the distinct impression that Yamaha weren’t all that confident that Lorenzo would stay.

rossi46
    Free Member

Pedrosa just dosent have the oomph to win consistently- he gets to the front and seems to give up too easily. Like he’s content with 2nd, 3rd, 4th :roll:
    Lorenzo will win it this year.
    I can see Cal on a factory Yamaha next year- did you see Mr Yamaha in the garage when Spies chucked it down the road? Not impressed :?
    Lorenzo may end up at Honda. Pedrosa will be jobless….
    Bradl will ride Caseys bike.

Anyway, this year….. :lol:

Rorschach
    Free Member

Marquez and George at Honda.Cal and Dovi at Yamaha.Rossi and crazy Joe at Ducati.Bradley and Spies at Tech3 and Dani,Bradl and Nicky on satellite Hondas.Maybe.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Spies to Honda next year ………… :wink:

Muke
    Free Member

Whats Cal and the Honey badger all about ?

:D

Kato

Honey badger don’t care

rossi46
    Free Member

Whats Cal and the Honey badger all about ?

Wasn’t it to do with with copyright issues as he was using Gnasher from the Beano before?

He should have used the rat from his motorhome in a UB40 ‘Rat in me Caravan’ kinda way :wink:

Why the badger? Erm………… :oops:

Pigface
    Free Member

Marquez penalty overturned which I think is the right decision, he can be a cock on track but this time I think it was a genuine racing accident.

neninja
    Free Member

I agree on the Marquez accident – racing incident and not dangerous riding.

To comment on the above – Marquez can’t get a seat in the factory Honda team next year unless there is a rule change. Rookie riders are not allowed to go straight into the official factory teams.

rossi46
    Free Member

Rookie riders are not allowed to go straight into the official factory teams.

Correct, and for this reason my money is on Stefan Bradl…. :wink:

Pigface
    Free Member

Cal big off on Test day at Catalunya, Karel Abraham off as well which lets be honest is not a surprise both ok though.

I love Crash.net :D

rossi46
    Free Member

I love Crash.net

Me too, especially in the off season when no-one else bothers :D

Ben Spies Second Fastest?

Why couldn’t he do that in the race? Oh hang on, he tried :lol:

Muke
    Free Member

Bit of a mouthful but a nice tribute…

Misano has officially been renamed the ‘Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli’ in memory of the Italian MotoGP rider.

Simoncelli, who was killed in a crash in Malaysia on 23 October 2011, had lived less than five miles away from the circuit in his hometown of Cattolica.

The name change had been proposed late last year and has now been approved unanimously by the board of circuit owners Santa Monica Spa.

“I’m deeply touched in seeing the circuit of Misano named after Marco. We’ve received affection from all over the world in the recent months, but today is a very special day,” Marco’s father Paolo, who was accompanied by his wife Rossella, said.

“I’m grateful to Santa Monica Spa, owners of the circuit, and to designer Aldo Drudi for having so nicely linked the name of Marco to the logo of the circuit.”

Umberto Trevi, Vice President of Santa Monica Spa, added: “We will share with the family whatever in the future will affect Sic’s memory. It is an extraordinary day for us. The name of the circuit will be forever linked to Marco Simoncelli

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats a great gesture, so wish he could still be racing, entertaining and living a fantastic life.

rossi46
    Free Member

I miss him doing this sort of thing:

Only really see Casey Stoner doing that this year in slo mo- fantastic to see.
    Sadly it will all be gone next year.

If Marco was still here, he’d be taking Stoners ride….

rossi46
    Free Member

J-Lo Signs new deal

Well that’s some of the who goes where in 2013 mystery solved…..

Pigface
    Free Member

I would of been amazed if Yamaha would of let Jorge go anywhere least of all to HRC.

So who gets the whingers ride? Will the whinger really quit? I don’t think Bradl will get it, Bautista would be my bet with Marquez going to the San Carlo team and doing a Marco getting a factory bike in his second season but with San Carlo.

Crell
    Free Member

To comment on the above – Marquez can’t get a seat in the factory Honda team next year unless there is a rule change. Rookie riders are not allowed to go straight into the official factory teams.

There’s nothing stopping him joining a satellite team that’s factory in all but name though. He will want and get the support from Honda when he moves, and Repsol won’t want their star on a shed.

Gresini have normally filled that role but they could (would probably) get even more factory support.

I’d see Luthi going to Repsol over Bautista – for marketing, sponsorship as well as talent reasons.

I’d also like to see Vale head back to Honda and ditch the Duc!

Reluctant
    Free Member

Great move by Lorenzo. The Yamaha’s a class act, he suits it well, he’s their established number one rider and will continue to do well there.
    From what I’ve read, Honda say Rossi’s welcome back, but only on a satellite bike, not factory. So it’s that or Tech 3 I guess;- please – anything but more time on the Ducati, it’s so sad seeing him underachieve for whatever reason.
    Marc Marquez will probably be on a factory Honda following a rule change that’s likely to be phased in by then. Way to go ~ that’ll be worth seeing.

Muke
    Free Member

Sorry if anyone is off to watch @ Silverstone but I would quite like a wet race, be nice to see Cal get on the podium as well.

rossi46
    Free Member

I’d also like to see Vale head back to Honda and ditch the Duc!

Can’t see him going just yet. The Duke is an unfinished project, and i think he’d like to turn it into a winner again. Time will tell :wink:

Wet race +1, the G.O.A.T will provide some entertainment and it will bring us a lottery. which is always fun!

Friday Practice After Rain Shower…….

Muke
    Free Member

Oh dear, not a good start to the weekend for Cal (a bit like last year :( trying too hard ?)

Hadge
    Free Member

Shitty weather just spoils bloody everything! Grrrr

Muke
    Free Member

Sprained ankle, that won’t bother him :-)

rossi46
    Free Member

Sprained ankle, that won’t bother him

Erm……………..

Cruchlow Out Of Qualifying

8O :cry:

Muke
    Free Member

He must be going soft in his old age :wink:

Rossi just binned it as well

rossi46
    Free Member

Anyone else watching Live BBC Website Moto GP Qualifying?

Ben Spies is having it :D

Nicky Hayden just binned it :|

rossi46
    Free Member

Just started raining and Alvaro Bautista is on pole on Marco Simoncelli’s bike :D with Ben Spies alongside him………….

Fingers crossed

Pigface
    Free Member

Pretty good race, Rossi doesn’t seem to be trying that hard. Great Moto2 race. I think I prefer Silverstone to Donnington.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Virtual win for Cal in my books.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cal rode a stormer of a race! Dovi out as well so he’s back to 4th in the standings. I was very impressed, he took 9/10 positions in the first 2 Laos, that’s virtually an overtake every other corner!

rossi46
    Free Member

Ride of the day was Cal Crutchlow for me, but then i watched the Moto 2 afterwards.
    Ride of the day now goes to Scott Redding, absolutely stellar ride :D particularly for duffing up Marc Marquez on the last lap, although it was mighty close at the line……

J-Lo was on it, no-one was going to stop him. Great ride from Alvaro Bautista- saw him backing it in to quite a few corners round there. For a moment there a thought i was watching Marco Simoncelli…….

Reluctant
    Free Member

I think Cal’s won a few more fans with that race. Awesome – he’s the real deal, but it’s also got to be said that it’s probably easier these days to come from the back of the field. CRT bikes are three or more seconds per lap slower than Cal’s Tech 3 – I’m not saying it’s easy, but…….

Dead chuffed to see Bautista take pole and run a good strong race – he has under achieved so far considering his talent.

Ride of the day; Scott Redding again. Brilliant! A fair n square second place taken from the best(?) rider in Moto 2. We’ve all seen that Marquez likes to dish it out, it was good to see him take some for a change.
    I find it very odd that the BBC post race coverage is focussed on Brad Smith despite his less than amazing seventh place and consistent mediocre performances this season. Why not give some column inches to Mr Redding? Does his face not fit?
    Good weekend of racing in all classes, keep it up chaps! :lol:

peteimpreza

“I find it very odd that the BBC post race coverage is focussed on Brad Smith despite his less than amazing seventh place and consistent mediocre performances this season. Why not give some column inches to Mr Redding? Does his face not fit?”

if you had listened to the presenter he said they tried to interview Scott but he was busy with his team sponsors.

They did show an episode of the Scott Redding diaries though.

I don’t think there was any indication of his face not fitting at all.

Muke
    Free Member

MotoGP set to scrap the rookie rule
    Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta has tabled a proposition to scrap MotoGP’s rookie rule with the Grand Prix Commission.

..Ezpeleta, who had previously been adamant the rule would stay in place, said his reversal was based on discussions with the series’ current satellite teams – the squads the rookie rule is designed to protect. The regulation precludes MotoGP newcomers from riding for factory teams in their debut year.

Rather than supporting the rule however, Ezpeleta says Tech 3, LCR and Gresini valued keeping their existing riders over the benefits of keeping the rookie rule in place.

Assured therefore that there were no objections to scrapping the rule, Ezpeleta said – as reported by AUTOSPORT last week – that applying to cancel the rule was the logical next step.

“We talked to the people who might enjoy this rule, the four independents. They decided it was more important to keep their existing riders than to have the possibility of having new riders coming from other categories,” he told the MotoGP website at Silverstone.

“We decided from common sense to propose to the Grand Prix Commission the request to cancel the rookie rule.

“The request was made by the MSMA [Motorcycle Sports Manufacturers Association] in Jerez and we said no.

“Now after many discussions with the independent teams we decided it is better, and in the help of the independent teams, to cancel the rule.

“This is something that needs to be approved by the GPC regarding the possibility, that’s all.”

The implications of the rookie rule have been hotly debated in the aftermath of Casey Stoner’s shock retirement, and Honda’s subsequent desire to call up Moto2 starlet Marc Marquez into its works squad.

While the rookie rule prevents this at present, it would also be difficult for Honda to place him with a satellite team – as has happened in the past – due to potential conflicts over the fact Marquez in backed by works team sponsor Repsol.

Ezpeleta acknowledged that the MotoGP landscape had changed since the rookie rule’s introduction, and hinted it was another factor behind his call to scrap the rule.

“The situation is that the rookie rule was implemented to protect the interests of the independent teams. [At that] moment we had around 20 factory bikes, all of them similar performance,” he said.

“Today the situation is not fixed, but we have factory bikes and CRT. Most probably [a] new rider in their first year in MotoGP can use one of the existing four non-factory bikes or be in the CRT. [If CRT is the only choice] maybe then the people prefer to stay in Moto2 or do other things.”

Muke
    Free Member

PSA… Assen this weekend so everythings a day earlier than normal Qually Friday, Race Saturday.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohh. Assen. Nice. :)

andycs

Everything a day earlier except BBC coverage which will be on Sunday!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2012’ is closed to new replies.