Home Forums Chat Forum Moto GP 2012

• This topic has 377 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 378 total)
  • Moto GP 2012
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Yeah I just wrote that and if you like I will write it again :lol:

There are plenty of 2 time world champions about :wink:

Reluctant
    Free Member

I raced against Casey Stoner and so did my wife!* He’s not that great, I beat him every time.

*This may not be completely true. :lol:

Pigface
    Free Member

:lol:

rossi46
    Free Member

The fact he was being interviewed later the same day about it is mind blowing. One very lucky fella.

Testament to how good those airfences are. Maybe they should be on every corner of every track in motorsport….. :idea:

Forgot to mention Paul Bird thinking of replacing James Ellison with Shakey Byrne for Le Mans GP

Dear god NO!! 8O Shakey is far better off in BSB, he will be merely a back runner on that bike in GP.

Casey Stoner

Yes a massive salary from a works Honda contract will turn people in to corporate robots, maybe thats why Rossi had to leave Honda? Too big a personality for a corporation…..
    Although Stoner was still a boring little **** on a Duke aswell- just as well he more than makes up for his lack of personality when he’s ON the bike :lol:

Rorschach
    Free Member

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Not doubting Stoner is very good on a bike he is just not that good

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant forumeering. I doff my cap to you. Pish- but brilliant. :D

thorlz
    Free Member

or even go wider Gobert is/was one of the most talented riders ever just a total loon

Blast from the past

Now there was a top talent, one of the most exciting and skilled riders I have ever seen, but as you say, a total loon.

Off to youtube to watch Gobert videos now.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lobby d Its an honour to be doffed :D

cupra
    Free Member

Antony Gobert – the Go Show – a classic example of why electronic aids should be removed from wsb. Also a sad waste of a great talent.

failedengineer

Muke – where did you hear that about Ellison? Surely he’s as good as Shakey (and he’s a Northerner)

cupra
    Free Member

Muke – where did you hear that about Ellison? Surely he’s as good as Shakey (and he’s a Northerner)

was announced tuesday, only for the next motogp round, to get some more feedback on the bike and in Paul Birds words to get Ellison to ‘”pull his finger out”

sobriety
    Free Member

Shakey has MotoGP experience (the Aprilla that kept trying to kill him, I think it was the ‘cube’ or RS3?) so would be a pretty good choice for further feedback/to see if Ellison is getting the most out of the package.

As for Stoner, he’s bloody quick, but I don’t think he gets the idea of entertainment/showmanship like Rossi does, back in the 500s you always knew Rossi would overtake with a couple of laps to go, then pull 4-5 seconds in those two laps, which made the race exciting, even if you knew the eventual outcome, there was more of an element of doubt.

Stoner goes out of the blocks, hard, and it seems like the only rider that gets into his head/can phase him is Rossi (when he’s close), which turns the race into a flat out chase rather than a more cat and mouse affair.

Muke
    Free Member

Ellison has been struggling with massive chatter and is one of only two riders yet to score a point.

Speaking on British Eurosport’s coverage of Monday’s Oulton Park BSB round, Bird revealed that Byrne could take Ellison’s place at Le Mans and therefore make his first MotoGP appearance since 2005.

“It’s something I have been milling over for a couple of meetings,” said Bird. “James seems to be lacking a bit of confidence and is complaining about massive chatter with the bike.

“Obviously Shakey has ridden at Le Mans a couple of times and maybe we will let him have a run out on the bike and rest James for a meeting.

“That way we can have another view of what the bike is like, to see if we do have a severe chatter problem, but, you known, Casey Stoner has severe chatter problems and still wins the race, so we will have a look…

“I’ve asked James if he wants to run at Le Mans but I think we would get another view of what the bike is like. It’s our first [MotoGP] season so maybe it’s time for a management decision.”

Also Chris Vermeulen will stand in for Colin Edwards for the Forward Racing Squad in the forthcoming French Grand Prix at Le Mans.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oooooh lets hope for some rain as the John Boy Walton lookalikey goes well in the wet.

failedengineer

Do you think Shakey will outperform Ellison? If it rains, they want to stick Chris Walker on the bike, or Michael Rutter ………

sobriety
    Free Member

Do you think Shakey will outperform Ellison?

I have no idea, but he’s a good* benchmark.

*edit, Known.

Muke
    Free Member

As you were…

Paul Bird Motorsport has played down comments that Shane Byrne will replace James Ellison for the upcoming MotoGP races by confirming there will be no change in the team for the French Grand Prix.

Paul Bird had intimated that he would put Byrne on the bike at Le Mans in order to get a second opinion on the chatter issues that have blighted Ellison’s return to the two-wheel top flight so far this season.

However, while PBM hasn’t dismissed the idea of getting Byrne, or Stuart Easton, on the bike at some stage this season, Ellison will definitely be on the Aprilia CRT at Le Mans and probably Catalunya.

“It was unfortunate that James didn’t finish the race in Estoril but he proved what the machine was capable of in Jerez,” confirmed technical director Phil Borley.

“This is a long-term project and we have to look at all options available to us in achieving our goals, which both the team and James understand. Our concentration is now on getting the technical help we need and to make more progress at Le Mans and Catalunya.”
    :roll:

Pigface
    Free Member

Danny on Pole and the Tech 3 team better the factory :D Rossi getting better and Bradl having a mare.

Ellison did ok.

Good race tomorrow :-)

Muke
    Free Member

Interesting top 10 in WET warm up this morning…
    1. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 1m 46.095s
    2. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 46.187s
    3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 46.423s
    4. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 46.538s
    5. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 46.814s
    6. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 46.822s
    7. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 1m 47.156s
    8. Hector Barbera ESP Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 47.311s
    9. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (GP12) 1m 47.869s
    10. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 1m 47.890s

Sad to hear that rider Mark Buckley has died following an accident in the Superstock race at the Relentless International North West 200 in Northern Ireland. :(

Pigface
    Free Member

Top result for Redding :D

Lorenzo was on it today, great to see Rossi a worthy second and little Casey whinge whinge moan my bike wouldnt do this and my bike wouldnt do that whinge whinge moan moan come third :wink:

Great for Ellison and never seen anything like what happened to RDP at that level, club races maybe 8O

Ben Spies to get the bullet by season halfway?

Muke
    Free Member

Nice to see Vale back up the front and actually having some racing. JB didn’t seem overly impressed, I guess he knows that the rain was a great help and they still have a lot of work to do to stay up the sharp end.

Well done to all riders today especially James Ellison and unlucky for Cal and Dovi but at least they managed to get back on.

RdP what a mare

rossi46
    Free Member

Rossi is back- no i mean in Moto 3! :lol:

Vale will be doing a rain dance at every race from now on i predict….
    Maybe that performance was a job interview in front of Mr Suzuki of Honda :D although at the end of the year when Mr Stoner waves bye bye, i’ve a feeling a certain Stefan Bradl will be offered his seat.

I will miss Stoner, not the whineing but the sliding and the magic he produces on a bike. And he was the only one really who could duff Rossi up a bit (when he was on a proper bike). On the track that is :wink:

Good job Scott Redding on third 8)

rossi46
    Free Member

And a gold medal to Johan Zarco for this in front of his home crowd:

What a trick- i had a feeling he was going to win it or bin it :lol:
    (Although i had a fiver on a win :cry: )

br
    Free Member

Still got to think that now Stoner has announced his retirement that his heart can’t be 100% in it – after handing in your notice would you put 100% (and possible serious injury) into the job?

cupra
    Free Member

I was gutted for Gino Rea in Moto2 but loved his reaction when in the gravel, strop of the season so far, especially the w***er signal, class :D

Ben Spies has got the bullet from my MCN Fantasy team, pretty poor display this season especially when you see how well Lorenzo and Tech3 are doing.

rossi46
    Free Member

Stoner has announced his retirement that his heart can’t be 100% in it

Oh i dunno, he gave Rossi a pretty good scrap until his tyres went off. But yeah, i reckon he can take it easy on the Honda and still win it this year! I am disappointed though, i could see him doing a Doohan and winning it for the next few years. I wonder if becoming a father and remembering Marco Simoncelli had an effect. That’d sure sway it for me.

I was gutted for Gino Rea in Moto2 but loved his reaction when in the gravel, strop of the season so far, especially the w***er signal, class

He’s class, but like Sam Lowes in WSS he has a tendency to throw it at the scenery. A bit hot headed. Lets hope he can do a Sam Lowes and learn to win….

rossi46
    Free Member

The TT is coming!

Here’s Guy Martin outrunning a helicopter last year.

Glad to hear he’s OK after binning it quite spectacularly at the NW200. Unfortunately Mark Buckley wasn’t so lucky- RIP…..

cupra
    Free Member

The TT is coming!

I head over on Saturday :D

Muke
    Free Member

From Crash.net

Manchester’s The Rainband will release a fundraising single in support of the Marco Simoncelli Foundation following a live performance at this year’s British MotoGP.

“’Rise Again’ is the 4th single by Manchester’s The Rainband. It will be released as a download on June 18th following the band’s live performance at The British MotoGP at Silverstone. Former world champion James Toseland plays piano on the track.

“Since Marco Simoncelli was tragically killed at last year’s Malaysian MotoGP. The band was contacted by The Marco Simoncelli Foundation after writing the track and will donate all profits to the foundation which was set up in his name.

“The Marco Simoncelli Foundation aims to build hospitals around the world for the disabled. This is supported fully by Dorna, MotoGP and The Marco Simoncelli Foundation.

“Please visit http://therainband.co.uk to find out more.”

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was just thinking the other day, watching the race, that the track was a very empty place without Super Sic :(

Pigface
    Free Member

Cal 3rd brilliant qualifying :D

Pigface
    Free Member

What have the Stoner fans got to say about that performance then :wink:

the_lecht_rocks

Who cares, crutchlow continues to beat Spies….. Go Cal !

j-cru
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    What have the Stoner fans got to say about that performance then

I thought all lorenzos fans would be on, applauding his performance….oh wait no-one likes him either

j-cru
    Free Member

Oh yeah, well done crutchlow, superb result again.

singlecrack
    Free Member

*waves*. I like Lorenzo

j-cru
    Free Member

Me too. He’ll win it this year while everyones bitching about stoner n rossi.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

j-cru – Member

Oh yeah, well done crutchlow, superb result again.

Only sort of – best of the also rans and well beaten by his teammate

Pigface
    Free Member

Just seen the Moto 3 race 8O 8O :lol: fantastic racing.

I like Lorenzo :D

singlecrack
    Free Member

Lorenzo is a very cool racer …he doesn’t get flustered like some of the other Alians when pressured ,

He’s got a very dry sense of humour as well which I like .

He has a very good chance of getting the no 1 plate back this year …

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2012’ is closed to new replies.