Home Forums Chat Forum Moto GP 2012

• This topic has 377 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 378 total)
  • Moto GP 2012
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Brilliant by Crutchlow top Yamaha. Rossi outqualifys Nicki. Colin Edwards wins the hard as nails award.

rossi46
    Free Member

Colin Edwards wins the hard as nails award

Any news on the Texas Tornado? Looked like he hit the deck pretty hard, right on his collarbone by the look of it…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

cal on the podium tomorrow? hope so.

Pigface
    Free Member

Edwards is racing tomorrow.

rossi46
    Free Member

+1 for Cal spraying some champers.

4th consistently, he’s got to go one better hasn’t he? I reckon he’ll do it tomorrow :wink:

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Top marks too Cal, a new “alien” in the making?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Colin Edwards has a broken collarbone – if he races tomorrow, I’ll eat my shorts :lol: (get well soon Colin)

Awesome awesome performance from Cal again – top Yam is so impressive! You only need to look at the company he’s with to judge how far he’s come this year. And ditto Scott Redding; front row and a real contender – about time us Brits had something to cheer about.
    Got a dilemma now though;- go riding tomorrow? Or weld my arse to the sofa and watch a full day of Moto GP, WSB and BSB? :lol:
    (got a sneaky feeling the TVs going to win this weekend, i can ride on monday instead!)

donsimon
    Free Member

Hat’s off to Cal. Hat’s off to Stoner too, slow mo on turn 13 (I think) was pretty special.
    Healing vibes to Mr Edwards, apparently the tarmac will have recovered sufficiently for racing. :D

Pigface
    Free Member

Bugger good call Reluctant I was looking at his quali time he must of set before RdP skittled him. Your shorts are safe :lol:

Muke
    Free Member

Colins not out to play today…

“After the crash Colin Edwards was taken to the Circuits clinic and was taken care of by Dr. Sarmiento and his team. He was under observation after the accident and was released to leave the clinic later that night.

Unfortunately the American rider will have to fly to Barcelona today in order to have surgery on his left collarbone. The surgery will most likely be performed by Dr. Javier Mir on Monday”

Unlucky fella, get well soon.

Good luck to Cal the podium beckons

Hadge
    Free Member

I’d love see Cal make the podium and he definitely has what it takes to do it. The thing is the 3 “Aliens” will take some knocking off the 3 top spots and there’s still Spies who hasn’t quite found last years form. But if Casey starts building a lead up in the Championship I can see a few more “factory” parts making there way into the Tech3 camp and who knows then. So come on Cal and also for Bradley and Scott in Moto2.

Pigface
    Free Member

Moto 2 last lap, dear God 8O

rossi46
    Free Member

+1 for Cal spraying some champers.

4th consistently, he’s got to go one better hasn’t he? I reckon he’ll do it tomorrow

Doh! That’ll teach me to make predictions :lol: still a bloody good job from Cal though. Next time out maybe?

How about Stoner? Sideways everywhere, i dont care how much of a knob he is off the track- he’s in another league on it 8)

And Rossi 7th- he’s getting there…… (so’s Christmas :lol: )

rossi46
    Free Member

Moto 2 last lap, dear God

That was great!

And so was Maverick Vinhales getting upset with 2nd :lol:

Muke
    Free Member

That was quite some last lap,I doubt we will see anything like that in Motgp till Rossi gets back up the front and makes it exciting again.

Luckiest rider this weekend was Josh Wainright who came off and had his head run over by the rider behind him in the Superstock 600 race at BSB today.Looked very bad, was thinking of Marco but remarkably no injuries reported. 8O

Superstock 600 crash

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ohhhh that smarts 8O
    The worrying thing for everyone else is Stoners bike looked to have horrific chatter on entry and he still won (did’nt stop him WHINING as usual).If they can dial that out it’s curtains for the championship.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lucky boy vicious high side then gets collected.

I dont think Lorenzo is far behind, Stoner had to find something to bleat about, aaarrrggghhhh I cant stand him

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m glad it’s not just my piss that he boils.I suspect that running over the white lines on the apex of every helps the handling much.I’d rather Dani won than George though.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i dont get the Stoner bashing bit. He got the reputation for being a ‘moaner’ due to commenting on the handling of the Ducati and their attitude of ‘we build it, you ride it’ . Rossi, Burgess et al dismissed this and contributed to the stoner the moaner. Remember this was the pair that claimed ‘give us 15 mins and we’ll get it sorted’.

Rossi was the best in his day- Stoner is the next generation. Maybe it’s because he’s quite modest in his celebrations, rather than the WWF-esque stuff of Lorenzo/Rossi, that he’s still considered a moaner?

Hadge
    Free Member

Great riders can’t go on forever and I think Valentino’s time has passed and I know he’s till extremely talented and will go down as one of the very best, if not the best. I think there’s a new generation now and Jorge, Casey and Dani are that generation and it would have included Marco if it wasn’t for the tragic loss of his life. Casey doesn’t get the recognition he deserves from the media, especially the UK press but I think he’s just brilliant. The way he can put a fast lap in when qualifying is just unreal, he goes out, does a lap and then leaves the rest to try match him. He showed how he could ride the Ducati and he mastered what was a very difficult bike to ride – that’s his talent. Some of the slow-mo’s from Casey’s riding are just amazing and anyone who’s seen the Red Bull footage is surely in awe about it. Come on Casey I say!

Pigface
    Free Member

In the dark of night when the wind is howling little Casey is curled up in his bed, in his head all he can hear is the whispering voice of a higher being. It says ” you know the Italian is better than you dont you Casey”

Rorschach
    Free Member

:lol:
    I’ll add “and you’re not even the best Australian ever either”

Muke
    Free Member

You have to agree he is a very talented rider and very good at setting fast laps on his own but he seems very uncomfortable when anyone is near him be it slipstreaming him in qualifing or getting close up when racing,not that that has happened recently.
    The fun off bike character of Rossi/Marco/Jorge/Colin/Nicky/JT/Loris is part of what made motogp better than the squeeky clean dullard drivers in F1. He just needs to lighten up a bit in his personality and maybe people would support him more.
    Maybe he needs to do a humerous team video…

Pigface
    Free Member

Rorschach that is a very interesting point, would you say Wayne or Mick or even go wider Gobert is/was one of the most talented riders ever just a total loon, how good could Bayliss of been in Motogp if he had been given a ride or wanted to do it. All four I have mentioned were great characters and fabulous racers, Stoner isn’t either.

neninja
    Free Member

I don’t get the Stoner knocking either. It usually seems to be from obsessive blinkered Rossi fans.

Stoner is not alone in being totally focussed. Many of the ‘great’ riders have been pretty humourless when it’s come to their racing – Doohan, Roberts.

Rossi has been an exception in the modern era as being fun and still winning. Most of the riders who are considered characters have never been in contention for the championship.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Thanks for the you tube vid Muke! Very good – i love Jorge being the janitor LOL! :lol:

bellerophon
    Free Member

Superb video there Muke.

It usually seems to be from obsessive blinkered Rossi fans.

That’ll be me, but he is great.

Muke
    Free Member

Yamaha did a 50th anniversary one as well

rossi46
    Free Member

Luckiest rider this weekend was Josh Wainright who came off and had his head run over by the rider behind him in the Superstock 600 race at BSB today

Yow! That was a lucky escape 8O
    John Kirkham going into the airfence over Clay Hill in the superbike race was pretty harsh aswell…..

Pigface
    Free Member

My contempt for Stoner is nothing to do with being a Rossi fan boi :-)

He is a flat out cry baby who seems to get no real pleasure from racing. The likes of Melandri, Rossi, Hayden, Edwards seem to genuinley love bikes of all shapes and kinds and mess about on them in there spare time.

I cant imagine Stoner going to the IOM for instance (knowing my luck he has been) or entering a local trial.

Oh and he is a big boring arse :-)

weeksy

My contempt for Stoner is nothing to do with being a Rossi fan boi

He is a flat out cry baby who seems to get no real pleasure from racing. The likes of Melandri, Rossi, Hayden, Edwards seem to genuinley love bikes of all shapes and kinds and mess about on them in there spare time.

I cant imagine Stoner going to the IOM for instance (knowing my luck he has been) or entering a local trial.

Oh and he is a big boring arse

Did you know he started racing at a low level in BEMSEE in UK racing at Brands, Snett etc…

Back in those days he was apparently a far more jovial lad… However when you’re on a £10,000,000 contract from Honda, you do have to be a little bit serious about his job.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes and Chas Davies used to own him.

They are all serious about their job he isnt serious he is dull dull dull.

Crell
    Free Member

John Kirkham going into the airfence over Clay Hill in the superbike race was pretty harsh aswell…..

That was one of the scariest crashes I’ve seen (though I’ve not watched the Wainwright one). I was sure he wasn’t going to get up from it and thought he’d just go under the fence following the bike in. The fact he was being interviewed later the same day about it is mind blowing. One very lucky fella.

I thought Melandri was going to be in a bad way after his massive highside and getting his foot stuck under the bike at Imola as well.

neninja
    Free Member

Pigface – Member

Yes and Chas Davies used to own him.

Where did you hear that? Misinformed I’m afraid.

Take the 2001, Casey came 2nd overall in the British 125cc Championships.
    He was only 3 points behind Leon Camier despite completing only 7 of the 13 rounds as he was also competing in the Spanish 125cc Championship in which he also came 2nd overall plus he did a couple of GP wildcard races (including a 12th in Aus)!

Casey won every British 125cc race he turned up for that year and Chaz came 8th overall (Chaz was also competing in the Spanish Championship).

This was Casey’s 2nd season of road racing and he was 2nd in 2 National Championships having not completed all the rounds of either.

In his first year of road racing in 2000, he won the Aprilia Superteen Challenge with Chaz the runner up.

Pigface
    Free Member

Poetic license or the Edinburgh defence, up to you :lol:

I am not sure Camier did every round that year, the package boring Casey was on was pretty good. If Chaz hadnt grown so much then I relly believe he would be there or there abouts.

Not doubting Stoner is very good on a bike he is just not that good 8)

Its all personal opinion anyway :D

weeksy

Correct Ninja… i recall seeing Stoner win by MILES on the little bikes the only time i saw him at BEMSEE, i was generally at New Era spannering for a mate that year.

weeksy

Not doubting Stoner is very good on a bike he is just not that good

Nah, seriously, did you just write that ?

The bloke who’s a double world champion on 2 bikes and is now the preferred rider for the biggest team in motorbikes on the planet ?

Honestly… you wrote that ?

Muke
    Free Member

Rossi denies retirement rumours

Edit : Forgot to mention Paul Bird thinking of replacing James Ellison with Shakey Byrne for Le Mans GP

grim168
    Free Member

My mate raced against stoner at three sisters track near wigan.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2012’ is closed to new replies.