Home Forums Chat Forum Moto GP 2012

• This topic has 377 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 378 total)
  • Moto GP 2012
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks for posting that video. He’s an absolute legend.

Pigface
    Free Member

Stoner is a vile whinging gimp, Chaz Davies could do him in the 125s :wink:

If he wasn’t on the Honda he wouldn’t be winning. A statement that is obviously not true but I dont like him.

As an aside who do we reckon is the greatest of all time? My vote goes to Freddy Spencer.

Oh and the CRT bikes are very slow :(

almightydutch
    Free Member

Its been a good start to teh test for all concerned bar Casey. Pulling his back before even getting his leathers on apparently. He’ll be back out tomorrow and at the sharp end no doubt about that.

As for whos best, well there’s a combination of ‘best’ out there at the moment.
    Casey is without doubt the bloke who can ride any machine within a inch of its life and get away with it. His throttle control is second to none, even industry experts will confirm that. Does it make him the fastest? Not necessarily.

Rossi is your typical on the brakes man. Can make up more time going into corners than anyone can make coming out of them. He is smooth personified!! Will he win this year…i wouldnt bet against it for a single race but championship wise….still a bridge too far for this year.

Whoregay is just so damn determined. While I’m not his biggest fan, he does bring to the table a slightly different approach to the rest. Not outstanding at any one thing but his whole package means he will be fighting at the sharp end for everything.

Dani, well not much to say. If the little fella can stay healthy all year and gel with the bike a bit more, he has more speed than anyone else out there. on his day no one can come close…he just doesnt have those days very often.

The rest wont even matter this year, Bautista needs to learn how to ride the Honda, Dovi should go well but its a step back to Tech3, Cal will be hit and miss(again), Spies wont be far off but I dont think he’s got it in him like the rest of the aliens. And yes, we’re back to 4 aliens this year.

RIP Marco MS58 never forget

jota180
    Free Member

As an aside who do we reckon is the greatest of all time?

Ago for me

almightydutch
    Free Member

As an aside who do we reckon is the greatest of all time?

Rossi for me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rossi – but he needs to win on the Duke or in a car to really cement it.

Pigface
    Free Member

In a car?? TJ are you on drugs?

Woody
    Free Member

Agostini for me too as he has done it on road and track but Rossi and Hailwood are very close behind.

rossi46
    Free Member

Some great vids people :D

Moto2 on the other hand….

Any predictions for Moto 2? Go on, place your bets early :lol:

greatest of all time?

Always a tough question- statistically (and for pure entertainment) Rossi. But i’d also add Ago, Sheene, Schwantz, Doohan.

Dont forget fast Freddie Spencer- still the only man (correct?) to win 250cc and 500cc in the same season.

Dont knock Stoner too much, yes he should sometimes keep his mouth shut- but what a rider. Last seasons highlights were him sliding around the worlds racetracks. TC or not thats still an impressive sight!

One last thing- anyone else miss Marco Simoncelli as much as me? Who’s going to annoy the hell out of Dani Pedrosa this year? :cry:

mrblobby
    Free Member

Wondering if anyone will suggest Rossi for greatest of all time? The years at Honda on the best bike, with the best crew and the best tyres, he had it easy. He pretty much played with Gibernau and Biaggi without, by his own admission, having to push that hard to win. If he’d had to fight a bit more then I think his case would be stronger. Now if he could turn Ducatti around and win against the serious opposition he now has in his twilight years, that would really be something.

Edit: as for Stoner and his mouth. Can see why he’s labelled a whinger, but at least the stuff he comes out with is more interesting than the usual racing cliches (e.g. “ah yes, we make a great race, we all try very ard and maybe next time we win”.)

jota180
    Free Member

still the only man (correct?) to win 250cc and 500cc in the same season.

Probably but Ago won the 350 and 500 double championships 5 years in a row

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

The years at Honda on the best bike, with the best crew and the best tyres, he had it easy

Then went to Yamaha and won the championship in his first year on a bike that was the motoGP’s equivalent of a *Williams.

*Great history but seriously under performing at the time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pigface – the very best can drive anything – Rossi did test a f1 car and got within a second or two of Schumacher

Hailwood is my other candidate for the greatest – he was fast with anything 2 or 4 wheels.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Rossi – but he needs to win on the Duke or in a car to really cement it.

Rossi was supposedly very quick in an F1 car. Very very few racers have ever made the conversion yet alone succeed.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Difficult to compare as different times. Like in the old days of F1 the drivers would typically take part in several classes on the same race weekend. Freddie’s is a standout though as it was not common by that time to compete in two categories and took a huge effort in terms of testing and bike development to keep on top of both classes (think there was a good article on it in MCN sport a couple of years ago now.)

Pigface
    Free Member

Jota 180 Ago did but without dissing his achievment not the kind of machinery that Spencer did it on?

rossi46 miss Sic very much, he was the future of the sport. The opposite of Stoner Marco just loved racing the joy and fun he brought to the sport was fantastic. 58 will never die.

flange
    Free Member

Schuey was pretty quick on a bike as well if I remember correctly.

Rossi for GOAT, no one else has come close in my book (bar Ago but I still prefer Rossi).

Oh, and I’ll stick my neck out and say Pedrobot will never win a Championship. He’s just not good enough…

Pigface
    Free Member

What about JMB won everything in Motox then was doing ok in the 500s before injuring himself out of the sport.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Then went to Yamaha and won the championship in his first year on a bike that was the motoGP’s equivalent of a *Williams.

Amazing achievement, but the Yamaha M1 he rode was already a race winner and had a huge amount of work done on it by Yoda and the Yamaha team before Valentino arrived. That first race of 2004 in SA though was a brilliant to watch.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Flange, Schuey was crap on a bike to be honest. All that money and time he had with rider coaching and on track support….didley squat in the IDM. Waste of spunk then claimed to have hurt his neck from yet another crash and decided it wasnt for him.

As for Vales 2004 M1 being a race winner…..err I dont think so. Checa was best in 2003 on a Yam and he was nowhere not even a podium, Barrios got a 3rd but pre 2004 the Yam was nothing.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yamaha M1 was a two time race winner with Biaggi in 2002.

rossi46
    Free Member

Sepang Test Day 2

Ay oop- Stoners fastest again :lol: Ben Spies is doing well, nice to see.
    Vale has to find a second to keep up- thats better than last years 2 second defecit then :D

Pigface
    Free Member

Cal outpacing Dovi is interesting.

rossi46
    Free Member

Definately faster than last year- look, Guy Martin style mutton chops :lol:

Maybe he’s practising playing the flute :wink:

Zedsdead
    Free Member

looks like it should be an interesting year.

The new previously untested Duke is just over 1 second down on the Honda so that’s encouraging.

Plus, there are a good few riders within 1.5 – 2 seconds on a test session. This should mean that on race day and everyone is really up for it anything could happen.

We shall see….

I’m looking forward to it.

rossi46
    Free Member

Impressive- and thats not Casey either, thats lil Dani sliding it at the Sepang test :D

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats a great photo :-)

Reluctant
    Free Member

Much like this one…………..

Pigface
    Free Member

Sic how much do we miss you :cry:

bellerophon
    Free Member

Pigface, do we ever :-(

singlecrack
    Free Member

I think he would of ruffled a few feathers this year ……..

lastmanshooting
    Free Member

i gotta admit i do miss the the stink wheel’s i love 2 stroke’s. r.i.p super sic he would have been something this year

rossi46
    Free Member

Much like this one…………..

That version is much better :D

The Moto GP world is much poorer without Sic :(

rossi46
    Free Member

Jerez Test

Cal Crutchlow is looking good- fifth :D
    Whats going on with the number 46, still slower than Nicky Hayden and dossing around in 9th?

On the plus side, the Duc’s at least lokoking good

mogrim

Basically Rossi should have retired this year.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Nice to see Randy going well on the crt*

rossi46
    Free Member

Jerez Saturday

Looks like no one could be bothered today :lol: a bit of rain and everyone heads for the coffee machine.
    Stoner only did 3 laps FFs- and as for Rossi, he must have really loved that coffee :wink:

rossi46
    Free Member

Basically Rossi should have retired this year.

I was thinking more like last year! Maybe he’ll pull his finger out of his a*** once the racing begins.
    I think Ducati is a bridge too far (and im not talking about Arnheim)

Rickos
    Free Member

Is there a site that sums up the changes for this year nicely? Technical changes I mean.

Last year was a bit dull compared to previous years so let’s hope its better.

Euro
    Free Member

we’re back to 4 aliens this year.

Rossi is still the best racer on the planet, but for whatever reason, he’s not fast enough to be considered an alien.

p.s. – take away traction control and the entire (small) grid would be in the clinica mobile.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 378 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2012’ is closed to new replies.