• This topic has 229 replies, 87 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 230 total)
  • More Colin Furze lunacy
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Ace thnks

But he seems to have a couple of screws loose …

tthew

After watching his two build videos for this there was a large wait for the test drive film. I was convinced it had failed in some way, but as ever that’s bloody brilliant. I wonder what happens to all the vehicles he builds? Can’t keep them all surely?

binners

That’s brilliant! He’s off his head!

The Monday Night Pub Ride crew did a film with him for EDF energy last year. He’s a really nice bloke. He always just built mad stuff in his shed and now makes a living out of it. Good luck to him

We’re on from 6.40 in should you be interested

Klunk
    Free Member

I was convinced it had failed in some way,

This, was expecting a video from a hospital bed (though you half expect that every video, he is going to blow himself up one day). He is turning into one hell of a prototyper/fabricator.

NewRetroTom

he is going to blow himself up one day

He’s already done it!

Klunk
    Free Member

I was thinking more along the lines of them collecting the bits of him that were left from a lincolnshire field after the premature detonation of his 8 million subscriber 400ft uber catherine wheel.

AlexSimon

I spotted some re-inforcements to the screw threads. I wonder if that was part of the delay.

It’d be ace on some sand dunes (not proteccted ones obvs). I would say it’d be good on snow, but a snowmobile is probably more fun.

andytherocketeer

This, was expecting a video from a hospital bed (though you half expect that every video, he is going to blow himself up one day).

No he’ll be perfectly safe – he usually wears a safety tie 😉

NewRetroTom

Not sure about taking it on snow. There isn’t really anything to stop it sliding sideways. Going straight up a slope would be fine, but if it deviated from pointing directly up it could just slide away sideways back to the bottom.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Why would that be any different to mud or sand?

Last video was available to subscribers after the second one came out I think.

v8ninety

Not sure about taking it on snow. There isn’t really anything to stop it sliding sideways. Going straight up a slope

You’re right, he had a couple of hairy moments on those muddy side slopes. I reckon some sort of blade keel, or even a transverse screw would sort it though.

hot_fiat

That’s awesome. The original Russian ones actually seemed to be worse than his.

samunkim
    Free Member

Seems mad dangerous to have the screws rotating inwards.

damascus
    Free Member

I wonder what happens to all the vehicles he builds? Can’t keep them all surely?

They are all in his underground bunker

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

+1 bunker. I planned one as a boy except mine had wall-to wall Scalextric track and antechamber with extensive personal library 🤓

Colin’s is better though as he

1. Actually built the bunker
    2. Fitted an ejector bed. Perky fella innee?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seems mad dangerous to have the screws rotating inwards.

Especially with that tie

Muke
    Free Member

IIRC he used to ride a BMX

Klunk
    Free Member

colins cabin fever cure

Klunk
    Free Member

would have thought he’d have been more cleverer with the gear change

eddiebaby
    Free Member

His videos have given me lot of enjoyment lately. Loved the Stig 100hp Dodgem Car one.
    All that gave rise to one thought. “Why isn’t there a Colin Furze / Project Binky mashup?”
    He’d have finished it in a long weekend.

Klunk
    Free Member

Why isn’t there a Colin Furze / Project Binky mashup?

he’s got a plasma cutter, and according to some on here it would spoil binky cos binky is all about 30 mins on how to make a washer bottle bracket, and then having to remake it after changing your mind. Knocking one out in 30 secs on a plasma cutter is cheating.

fossy

The super fast mobility scooter was one of my favourites. Showed that to the in-laws who had scooters at the time !

RustyNissanPrairie

Cake-o-matic is our favourite at work

CAKE! CAKE!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Do you need planning permission for an underground bunker?

rogermoore

WCA – if you look on his a YouTube channel the video he posted last Thursday was a revisit of the bunker and he answered this question.
    RM.

epicyclo

worldclassaccident
    Do you need planning permission for an underground bunker?

Not if it’s a secret one. 🙂

Muke
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s some shed Mr Furze

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that. I had a couple of periods in my life working in big engineering workshops and that brought it all back.

Klunk
    Free Member

Colin goes back to the future….

Klunk
    Free Member

more screwing

Klunk
    Free Member

think he’s fishing for master criminal consultancy work….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

He’s auditioning to be a Bond Villain. Or Q. I can’t make my mind up which.

Klunk
    Free Member

mad but brilliant

matt_outandabout

I agree.

leffeboy

That was excellent.  Like how it doesn’t just work, he had to go through various versions and his selection of tools is beautiful

sirromj

Really not sure how I’ve managed to never watch one of his videos before. Just watched his workshop tour. Brilliant. Recognized lots of similar tools to my Dad’s collection, most of which I don’t know how to use, but hope to start learning a bit at some point.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

he is god

bloody brilliant

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.