Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Medial meniscus tears
  • ahsat

I’m in a right brain pickle today….I should be having my ACL and meniscus surgery today, but its delayed to next week.  That isnt the problem, but rather it has triggered me thinking why on earth I am putting myself through all of this.  I did my knee 8 months ago (thats the short version of a very long story!) and I am now up to walking 5-6 miles of flat/gently rolling terrain.  We had a lovely walk in the Yorkshire Dales on Sunday.  However people kept riding past me and i felt really sad.  Today I find myself thinking I cant even imagine getting myself back on my mountain bike – it seems far too scary – so why on earth am I about to put myself through surgery knowing in a weeks time I wont be able to walk down the lane, let alone 5 miles, with 9 months of hard work rehab ahead of me.  All seems totally overwhelming.

How is everyone else getting on?

penguinni

Im back to work, can ride my bike and Im regularly trekking over some local mountains.

Before Christmas I couldnt manage the stairs at home, had difficulty walking across the room and couldnt do my job.

My knee often feels “tight” but stretching and walking eases this.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Finally 4.5 months after Arthroscopy my knee is feeling much better ! Been out on the bike riding gently

it was a long old road to get here and though many times I had made the wrong decision having the surgery but now much more positive.

Seems everyone’s reaction to the procedure is very different….

I still have some stiffness if I’ve been seated for a while but that goes after a minute of two of walking.

freeridenick
    Free Member

ahsat – did you have your surgery ?

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Medial meniscus tears’ is closed to new replies.