Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Marzocchi rc3 55 ti evo 170mm
  • m1zuno
    Free Member

Would like to know if theses would be ok for long normal rides aswell as mad stuff also would they be ok on a
    Nukeproof mega been offered them for £500 fitted brandnew from local lbs, advice ppreciated

generallevi
    Free Member

I have these forks on my Alpine 160, as does my missus. The fork is immense and that is coming from someone who used to ride a Fox Float 36.

The Floats felt dead in the mid travel and only really came into their own when on our annual trip to Morzine. The 55’s are active everywhere and have made trips to places like Llandegla enjoyable where beforehand it was dull.

Where it really excels though is on days to Helvelyn or like last weekend on Snowdon. So much grip and not much of a weight penalty. Also, they look mint and get loads of positive comments. I can honestly say that the 170mm has not effected my HA and everything still feels ok on the climbs.

Hope this helps in someway,

All the best,

Lee.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bite their arms off.

Amazing forks, perfect for a Mega I reckon.

Doug
    Free Member

Any larger riders with a set of these. I can’t find any firmer springs for these and don’t like the way forks with standard springs ride when you add enough preload for 17st. Is it a straight single air chamber or is an one with auto negative air like the RS solo air system/

m1zuno
    Free Member

Right cheer folks im taking the nukeproof off the market an gettin meself these bad bouys in the morning hopefully test at deggla wednesday

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

hopefully test at deggla wednesday

Definitely the ultimate test for any 170mm fork!

generallevi
    Free Member

Don’t think you will regret it mate, If I can give you a little bit of advice as iv had them on for 3 months now. If you want them to feel good round Llandegla, set them up with 3 clicks of compression from soft, 20 clicks of Rebound towards fast (30 in total) just to get it reacting to the smaller stuff and set your sag by adjusting the preload to suit you. I’m 12 and a half stone and run 10 clicks to get my 25 %.

By doing this it will feel relatively soft and reactive but will still be coming back nice and quick, but won’t throw you off. So much so that I did the Cresta run at Inners 3 weeks ago and it was fine on their drops and jumps.

Best of luck mate,

Lee.

m1zuno
    Free Member

Thanks generallevi,i’ll definately try that im 84 kgs so shud be snd,been told itll take a while to set up but will be worth it,do use same settings all the time now,im giddy rite now

m1zuno
    Free Member

Well verdict in these forks r something else,found it a little harder to climb with em but thats a minor glitch to the performance every were else,i found my self just flying thru ewt were has before id be slightley or fully braking,ill never use air forks again,absolutely flew rnd llandeggla today so much so it actually disturbed me knowing how fast i can now flow, 😉 happy friggin days

generallevi
    Free Member

Really pleased for you mate! That’s exactly what I thought when I first threw it round Deggers! When you get them out to the Peaks, Lakes etc they will really start coming into their own….

Granted, a 170mm fork will be a little bit harder to climb on but a way that I have found to deal with it is if you know you have a long climb, say the big fire road climb at the start of Delga red, drop the preload to zero clicks which will allow the fork to sit much more in its travel and with you at 84kg it should act more like a 150mm. As soon as you get to the top, add you 12-15 clicks back and get all over the descent! 😉

All the best,

Lee.

m1zuno
    Free Member

Ha ha thanks lot i shall remember that,i got a feelin that i will be out a lot more in the future 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi rc3 55 ti evo 170mm’ is closed to new replies.