Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Magura MT5 s anyone use them? and how are they?
  • svensvenson

What does the hive mind think of these? It’s time to replace the semi (non) functioning avid elixirs and I’m tempted by these.

Answers from people who actually used them are appreciated!

riding in Provence, so dry (mostly) but steep and technical and cold (an issue with avids) at this time of year.

thank you…

surfingobo
    Free Member

Awesome brakes, mineral fluid much nicer than dot. Always enough power. Love mine!

luke0912
    Free Member

Loads of power great brake, i buy pads from german sites as they are cheaper than anything I could find in the uk

wwaswas

I have MT Trails on two bikes which is a 5 front. Very impressed, good feel, have been reliable and lots of power.

ehrob

Excellent power and modulation, the lever feel isn’t great though.

This is remedied by adding the HC1 levers.

svensvenson

Thanks everyone. I think they’ll sit nicely on my bars next week…

dubber
    Free Member

Fitted these to my bike a week a go , still haven’t had chance to try them out yet . Swopped over the 2 finger levers to the  HC1 levers , which are a nice upgrade.

I had trouble getting a good bleed on the front brake compared to the rear , but both feel similar now after quite a few hours cursing.

How close are others able to pull their levers to their handlebar ? (Adjustment screw about 1/2 way)

At the moment I can get to about 15-20mm away when pulled as hard as possible. Never had Magura before so not sure what to expect.

Thanks.

weatheredwannabe
    Free Member

Got them on both my bikes, love them, very powerful and great modulation, but can be a right pain at times, to get all the air out for some reason and yes I followed all the how to videos.

surfingobo
    Free Member

Yep, definitely a pain took me a few goes to get my rear brake bubble free after shortening. “bubble bleed”  technique of pushing/pulling the fluid from the caliper plus lots of tapping the cables and rotating the bike in the stand eventually got it sorted and they’ve been fine for a year since.

paton
    Free Member

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I have MT Trails on two bikes which is a 5 front.

Me too, splendid brakes. Just on 1 bike though.

I used to uses Magura Louise freeride brakes years ago they were great, never leaked, never boiled in the Alps when all around me were suffering big style.. Then some louise bats,  still got them, years later, no leaks, seals perfect.

I changed as I think Magura lost their was some years ago but they’re back in terrific form again.

Magura do superb brakes.

paton
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Magura MT5 s anyone use them? and how are they?’ is closed to new replies.