Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 440 total)
  • Longshot SolarisMAX – when?
  • Shackleton

Anyone know if, when and what it will be like?

I’m sure I heard early May for announcement and I’m feeling impatient  Nothing so far on the mailing list……

peteimpreza

If only they had a website………

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/solarisMAX

Late May.

Shackleton

Ooh, sarcasm. Thank you for a partial answer to three questions…..

cokie

@shackleton , you and me both! I’ve been waiting for about 4 months now..

Metalheart in THIS THREAD thinks it’ll be getting released this week.. fingers crossed 😀

Shackleton

Oooh! Will wait with baited breath….. Ta.

vincienup
    Free Member

Ooh sarcasm!  Always funny when someone does that and gets the answer wrong! 😂

So, as helpfully pointed out, the Cotic website says there’s news on a restock due imminently, but nowhere does it say on the website if it’s goung to be a restock of the new-last-year SolarisMax in different colours or a new model with longshot geo.

Both make sense for different reasons…

Given how quickly the subscribers’ email usually ends up on here, congratulations to Cotic for keeping this one so well under wraps!

riddoch

On cotics website:

NEW VERSION DUE LATE MAY 2018.

Given that the website specifically says new version rather than more stock but I suppose that might just be a colour change. I was at the Cotic stand at the London bike show and I think Cy said it was new geometry inline with the other models, he was talking to someone else whilst I was looking at the escapade so wasn’t paying that much attention.

metalheart
    Free Member

Nah, website should go live end of the week. Sorry if I’ve created a false expectation.

Cotic usually get a couple frames airfreighted in for the website photos, so a couple weeks after that (or late May as per the website 🤣).

it will be the longshot geo. Cy’s on record on a thread here somewhere confirming that already.

i don’t know enough about the actual geo, just a previous version large with a 60mm stem is a little shorter than the new with a 35. I believe the HA to be the same as the new FlareMAX ie 66 deg (@120mm).

I’m waiting for the website to update myself…

andykirk
    Free Member

I do believe it is now the end of the week.

No update on website.

This is appalling behaviour, making me wait like this.

metalheart
    Free Member

This is only Friday, not the actual end of the week….

<whistles hoping diversionary tactic works>

scotroutes

How many ends does a week have?

metalheart
    Free Member

1. Sunday.

hth.

andykirk
    Free Member

One cannot update a website on the Sabbath.  Can one?

metalheart
    Free Member

My last post should be read in conjunction with this statement:

<whistles hoping diversionary tactic works>

It’ll happen when it happens. It’s coming. Just have a little patience/faith 🤪

scotroutes

Surely it has two ends – a start and a finish. And as Saturday is the weekend too then that must be the finish and Sunday the start of the next.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I don’t really care about the geo (or rather, I blithely trust the geo will be right), I’m most concerned that it’s a nice pretty colour.

kelvin

You’ll be okay.

cokie

This waititng is eating into precious summer riding time. Come on Cy 😀 !

andykirk
    Free Member

Yeah Cy come on!  At least give us a snippet of info…. we are after all the ones who put jam on your toast.

metalheart
    Free Member

It’s coming. Just have a little patience/faith 🤪

Shackleton

Ooh, you little tease. That green looks beautiful!

cokie

Ohhh, looks great. I’ll have a green one with purple bits 😀 .

NormalMan

Loving the green!

jmatlock
    Free Member

Man, I was hoping for Fast Red or Gritstone with 3M decals.

martinhutch

Solaris should be green, though.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Hmm. I was thinking about a custom marino, but I’m interested to see what the numbers are on this.

swanny853

Are those twin bottle mounts on the downtube like the old X had?

I’ve been talking myself out of wanting one since I’ve just put a slackset in my mk1 but oooooh that might be the straw that does it…

NormalMan

Thread hijack slightly but @swanny853 cam you tell me more about your mk1 set up please?

swanny853

Mines a medium MK1. I went short stem from the start (for then) with 55mm and 740mm bars. 100mm SID. Always tried to toe the line between heavy and fragile with rims and tyres, settled on wtb kom.

Got a few rides in with a works 2° slackset and I like it. The steering somehow feels nice and light as well as calmer, although I have noticed a hint of side to side flop at times.

mintimperial

Oh heck. I didn’t know it was going to be green. M<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>ust… resist…</span>

NormalMan

Thanks @ swanny853

Mine is a mk1. Originally on 100mm but now at 120mm, which slackened things a bit. Hadn’t thought slackset till you mentioned it though.

roverpig

Ooh that green is not too ugly is it. Looking forward to hearing how the longshot geometry works on a hardtail.

ads678

That green one is well nice.

andykirk
    Free Member

It looks very pretty, except….  god that dropper cable routing is Fugly.

It looks like it was installed by….  well…   me.

sheck

Cable routing has so far stopped me buying a Bfe / Soul… not bought anything else though, so I’m maybe telling myself I can live with it

swanny853

Normal man- I have a 120mm air shaft to try at seeing point. I was going to do it at the same time as the slackset but quite like it as is.

Rik
    Free Member

Cable routing has so far stopped me buying a Bfe / Soul… not bought anything else though, so I’m maybe telling myself I can live with it

Thats the funnest thing i’ve heard all week…….

So its might be the best riding bike you potential may of ever had and your not buying it because of a functional loop of cable? First world problems and all, i all always thought mountain bikes were designed to be ridden and get a muddy.

ayjaydoubleyou

@swanny

I too have a mark 1 that I’m re-building up.

What slackset did you use to get 2 degrees? I was thinking I could only go 1 degree in the 44mm headtube with a tapered steerer?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Anyone on the Cotic mailing list will have just received some news…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 440 total)

The topic ‘Longshot SolarisMAX – when?’ is closed to new replies.