• This topic has 28 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ART.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Last Bikes
  • leegee

I saw a post from someone who bought one a few months back but can’t find it. I know there are a couple of owners on here. I saw several in June in Austria & Italy and all the owners were very happy.

Unlikely, but anyone in the south east with a 185 Cinto or Glen I could have a pedal on?

How smooth was the buying process? Are they responsive to emails?

Cheers

bruneep

I have a Coal/Glen  https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/last-bikes-anyone-have-one/   currently set up as a Coal 160mm travel

started buying process during lockdown which didn’t help replies to emails can be slow as the German way seems to be different to UK way when replying. You’ll only get a reply if they deem it requires one. The language difference  may not have helped at times.

Can’t fault the frame its well built, only niggle was the internal hose routing was euro set up 2 hoses left side, I would preferred 2 on right side.

ask if you want more

leegee

Blimey, that was quick!

Yours looks really good.

Northwind

I had an old Herb DH- it was fairly heavy, and a bit small, but man was it fast. Never felt suspension like it, it was so good that it took me 2 or 3 runs of uplift days just to get used to it, and to stop thinking I had a flat. Last were always good to deal with too

submarined
    Free Member

Good lord, what a pretty bike that is.

Bigmantrials

I have a Mk1 Glen, I had similar slow communication etc as Bruneep when I got it, but the frame itself is lovely, best quality frame I have put my hands on for years.

I would definitely be looking at them for a replacement if I ever have the money to change!

ndthornton
    Free Member
    ndthornton
    Free Member

Cinto

Can’t seem to embed images…not sure this link will work either.
    Anyhow I bought a cinto this year and I love it. Awsome bike and can’t fault it. Took over a month longer to make than the 3 months it was supposed to take. Communication was OK but slow to respond. Once it was shipped it then took over a month to arrive and I had to fill in a bunch of paperwork that I wasn’t expecting…work out import codes etc. That was all quite stressful. Had yo pay 20% VAT and 4% import duty. I was expecting that and the 19% European vat was removed from the web price before I paid.

Only difficulty was cable routing. Supposed to be easy with the internal channels but it was very tight fit. Impossible to push the cables around the bottom bracket and so I had to remove the bottom pivot… this had been threadlocked and the torque I had to apply was insane…felt sure I would break something but didn’t. It came with Cables threaded but gear cable in both sides?? Also the gear cable was way too short to be useful?? Once built its great though…pondering trying out the mullet.

petefromearth

@ndthornton

Awesome bike

So you paid the EUR price -19% +24% ?

If so that’s not as bad as I thought to import something, although the exchange rate has taken another dive 🤷

ndthornton
    Free Member

That’s what I paid yes.
    I wanted to collect from their shop in Germany to avoided the hassle of import and maybe avoid the 4% but they would never give me a firm delivery date and when covid hit they tried to put me off doing it entirely…even though it would have been cool to visit and travel was possible.

leegee

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I’m close to pulling the trigger on a Glen, I’d love one of the carbon models but they are too spendy for me currently. I’ve just cracked a second Ibis Ripmo frame in the same spot as the last one and I’m pretty down on carbon at the moment. Once Ibis confirm the bad news I’ll probably get my finger out.

@ndthornton
    , thats a bloody good looking bike, the carbon Lasts are stunning in the flesh.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Thanks..yeah she is a beauty. I have lyrics on her now instead of the pikes. I get they are pricy… was possibly the most expensive ‘thing’ iv ever bought. 40th birthday present to myself. The latest liteville 301 was to of my list but that proved even harder to get hold of. I like German bikes. Regarding carbon v aluminium…I don’t think there is much in it in terms of robustness…it all comes down to quality of design and manufacture. The Lasts look pretty well engineered to me.

leegee

Ordered, can’t wait. Can anyone give me a steer on the customs forms? I understand I’ll have to find a particular code.

Ibis say my frame crack was caused by an impact. The crack was under the downtube guard and there was no corresponding mark on the guard, second one thats failed like that V1 & V2.

The next day they announce a revision with a much bigger, thicker rubber guard. I wonder why!

bruneep

when I ordered mine they did all the work, all the forms were unsurprisingly in German. It got held up in customs as they didn’t know what was inside and seem unable to use google translate. It took and age to get to the correct person to inform them of contents.

I’ll see if I can find customs details

What did you go for and the delivery time?

leegee

@bruneep A Glen in Raw, I can swap everything over from the Ripmo, website currently says delivery date from 10.11.22

bruneep
    Bigmantrials

Fingers crossed on the delivery, my glen is now 3yrs old and I am very tempted to strip it to Raw or get it sprayed or something.

Good idea on the downtube protector, I might look into one of those as my local riding areas are a lot rockier now. I also have the Raaw chainstay protector, its not so good on the Mk1 glen as that’s where the gear cable is routed, I moved mine under the chainstay.

I really hope you like it, I have been really happy with mine.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Link

Hopefully your shipping will go smoothly but in case not here is a link to my question on this topic. Some kind gent was able to point me in the direction of the correct custom code for the cinto. Will be different for the glen. I never got to the bottom of why my experience was more difficult than others. I received masses of forms to fill in that looked like like they ought to have been completed by by the manufacturer. I had to post these back to customs people before eventually receiving a bill. Took over a month from shipping date to receive the frame. Either LAST didn’t complete the forms properly or this is the new normal post Brexshit..?

leegee

Thanks all, that downtube protector looks good, I’ll waut ubtil I’ve got the frame to decid what I do on chainstay and down tube protection.

For the Ripmo, I designed a chainguide that fixes to one of the suspension links. I’ll see if I can do something similar for the Last and I’ll share the STL with anyone who wants it.
    guide

bruneep

Bash Guide – ISCG05 – V2

I use a one up one

leegee

They do have a very relaxed approach to emails and updates. For anyone else considering ordering this is what to expect.

paid 28/09, at the time the website said dispatch from 10/11

11/11, I emailed asking for any updates, got a response 17/11 saying it was ready and they were waiting on customs forms.

28/11 I asked for an update, no response.

05/12 I emailed in the evening and asked again, got a response 07/12, it was dispatched on 25/11!

it arrived in the country 30/11 and I don’t expect to see it this year. I’d been eyeing the bargain Nukeproofs with EXT shocks as a plan B but I’ll try and forget them now.

bruneep

it arrived in the country 30/11

What does tracking say?

If its PF, my tracking had a note more info needed. They had no idea what was inside as all the forms were in german funnily enough. I called PF up and explained what was inside and it was released.

leegee

It’s still DHL tracking currently, at some point the tracking will update and give me a PF tracking number, that’s what I’ve had with orders from Bike Discount

leegee

Checked the tracking last night as nothing had changed since early Jan, there were a load of new updates going back to 20/01 and it’s been returned to sender. No letter with the customs charges either.

Blame squarely on Parcel farce for this. It’s coming up for 5 months since I ordered, fortunately the Ibis crack has not propogated on the surface but could be hanging on by a thread beneath.

wbo
    Free Member

PF are still recovering from being hacked aren’t they? Nothing moving either way

leegee

I didn’t know about that.

bruneep

that is really shit, Can Last not send via another courier that doesn’t involve PF here?

leegee

It’s crap. I’ll let them know tomorrow and take it from there. It had been so long without and update I was wondering if it had been damaged or gone missing.

ART

@leegee That’s crap, we also had a LAST frame despatched in Nov and I managed to extract it from Parcelforce in the first week of Jan. I emailed LAST about the issues and suggested that they use DHL ‘end to end’ as although it looks like a DHL shipment from them, it’s actually Deustche Post .. which is of course PF in the UK. Would suggest you drop them a line and ask.

But Parcelforce are a mess, I had the same thing as you’ve experienced happen with something else (also a bike part) coming from Germany. When it was resent by the supplier and I had the PF tracking number, I preemptively sent the customs team an email with all the invoice/ products details etc attached and low and behold it transited through customs and arrived. Three weeks later/ after the product had arrived I received the written customs request for the details I’d emailed….*duh*

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.