Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Landrover freelander key fob
  • bernard
    Free Member

Anyone know a company that will split the key fob replace the battery and stick it back together? It really pisses me off having to buy a new key at £200 because they design them as non replaceable batteries which in our case have last just over 3 years

andyl
    Free Member

have you seen this: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=65721

Is the battery dead or just need recharging?

bernard
    Free Member

One is completely dead one is on the way out

matt_outandabout

See if you can borrow a charge from a freelander at the garage? ie Stick your key in another vehicle for a while?

bernard
    Free Member

When I say on it,s way out I mean not recharging very well or holding much charge the other one stopped taking on a charge last year

pete68
    Free Member

Check your insurance policy as some will cover replacing lost keys. If it does you could “lose” your key and get a new one. I’d just like to point out I’ve not done this but know someone who has claimed for one.

andyl
    Free Member
    bernard
    Free Member

Considering having a go at the DIY option what’s the worst that can happen I have to get a new key! How hard would it be to solder in anew battery for someone who has never soldered electronic stuff before?

unovolo
    Free Member

bernard
    Free Member

Well I went for the DIY option

new battery £7
    Soldering iron etc £15

working key sorted, saving £178.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

When we bought our Freelander 2, the dealer told us to make sure both keys were in use to stop them dying. They charge from the car.

bernard
    Free Member

yep we did this they both died (2007 Freelander) it’s a soldered in rechargable battery which degrade and eventually fail. So it’s £200 per new key or cut the fob open and solder in a new battery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Landrover freelander key fob’ is closed to new replies.