Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Kingdom Of Rust – any good?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m a big Doves fan but I’m struggling to warm to their latest album. Is it me or is it just not as good as previous efforts?

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Same here – there’s a handful of quality trackes, but rest a bit hit and miss IMO. Bit like The Last Broadcast in that sense, for me anyway.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I LOVED Kingdom of Rust (the single) at first but now it’s lost its edge. There’s definitely no “Cedar Room” or “Snowden” on there for me tho’

Burchy1
    Free Member

Ok its no Lost souls but its a darn sight better than plenty of other stuff out at the moment.

spacecadett
    Free Member

I did not think much of the album at first but for me, it is a grower – quite like it now. It gets better the louder you play it too.

I went to see them @ Rock City in Nottingham earlier this month – they were brill.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

All Doves albums are growers but it seems this one needs a little more fertilizer that the others…

D0NK

I dunno stilltortoise last broadcast was pretty damn good on first hearing, but I think that was probably their peak (albumwise), we’ll see. I’ve not listed to KOR enough yet to make my mind up.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve still not made my mind up on the best album, other than to say it isn’t KOR (yet!??)

gavinski
    Free Member

I like it – ticks all the Doves boxes for me

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I LIKE it, but all the other albums I LOVE.

I shall have a few more listens over the BH weekend. Fingers crossed

ART

My soundtrack to work this am. I really like it.. needs playing loud, great for travelling. Really like Kingdom of Rust single, Winter Hill, 10.03 … actually I pretty much like it all.

Pook

Saw them at the Sheffield Academy last month. Ace, no album has yet topped Lost Souls for me though yet.

CountZero

For me I think it’s their best album so far. Always liked them live but could never warm to their albums like I did with Elbow’s. KOR is the first one to have that epic quality that Guy so effortlessly achieves with Elbow. Saw Doves in Bristol, and they were outstanding, best show I’ve ever seen them do.

dawson

me and SWMBO went down to that Larndan and saw ’em at Brixton Academy a few weeks back – fantastic it was

and they finished with Spaceface click here (vid is not the actual gig)

technically from their Sub sub days but its ace!

Sketch
    Free Member

It’s all good, just needs time. Except for that Compulsion one near the end. That just sounds like an amateur local band covering Rapture by Blondie- weird.

Ambrose

It’s definitely a grower. Love it to bits and it is getting better and better the more I listen to it. And can’t wait to ride Jetlag at Glyncorrwg, listening to Jetstream. I’ll probably end up broken though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Kingdom Of Rust – any good?’ is closed to new replies.