Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kielder Campsite
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Thinking of staying here for a night on the way up to scotland, and having a ride round kielder.

The reviews on google seem to all say this place is bad though!

Has anybody stayed there? And suggestions for an alternative camp site the we can ride kielder straight from the site?

cheers.

grum
    Free Member

I assume that’s the one I stayed at when I did the enduro up there and it was fine.

dickydutch

Its fine! Not super luxury, but toilets and showers are ok. Dirt cheap as well. Midges on the other hand, are a total pain in the arse!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not been there, but I’ve heard the campsite at Stonehaugh nearby has very good facilities. Would make for a long ride to the Keilder trails though as its at the south end of the forest.

Friend of a friend runs a bunkhouse type place in Bellingham. I’ll get the details if I can fidn them…

jota180
    Free Member

The midges are horrendous at times

The YHA a couple of hundred meters away is very good

grum
    Free Member
    ir_bandito
    Free Member
    kayak23

Stayed there last year. Its fine, you can walk to the pub down the gravel track which runs through the centre but, the pub is a little like a working mans club…
    Fine though, it sells beer…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

midges the size of birds!!!

apart from that flat ground, showers, crappers and a pub of sorts down path

flamejob
    Free Member

When I did the Enduro there a few years back it was freaking freezing and the hot water was barely above tepid

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I stayed here a couple of years ago and found it great. OK, so we had midges on 2 evenings out of 7, but that’s to be expected.
    Really nice people running it, pub 5 minutes walk away…

mrjmt
    Free Member

Think we’ll just go for it, only planning one night there anyway.

We’ll also be in our campervan so at least we can hide from the midge in a bit more comfort if the avon skin so soft doesn’t work!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kielder Campsite’ is closed to new replies.