Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kercher or alternative????
  • surfer
    Free Member

My >15 yr old Kercher is broken, stripped it down and looks like a crack in part of the inner casing thing so not really fixable. Its only 90bar and has been fine for periodic path cleaning duties. Question is: another small Kercher or an alternative? Bosch Easyaquateck 110? or something else? Don want to spend more than 60-70 pds.

brads
    Free Member

For cheap and cheerful
    Muc off had their pressure washer at £100

Buy a Kranzle and never need another one again.

Cougar

Is there a Nilfisk within budget?

Yes there is. Core 125 half price on Black Friday, £57. You’ll not beat that, get it bought.

ginkster

Yes there is. Core 125 half price on Black Friday, £57. You’ll not beat that, get it bought.

That’s a fantastic price. Wish it had been that cheap when I got mine! Great little machine.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I had a Karcher. It was rubbish. Erratic performance and small parts kept splitting and the replacements were silly prices.

I now have the Bosch 110. It’s soooo much better.

My mate works in Halfords and can buy Karcher at around half price. Having seen how many come back with faults he bought a Bosch from Amazon.

finbar
    Free Member

I’m halfway through (trying) to fix my Karcher K5.600 but I think it’s the capacitor at fault so it shouldn’t be too difficult.

If that doesn’t work I’ll be getting a Titan one from Screwfix: https://www.screwfix.com/c/auto-cleaning/pressure-washers/cat810194?brand=titan

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the answers. Nilfisk ordered 🙂

Cougar

lovewookie

If that doesn’t work I’ll be getting a Titan one from Screwfix: https://www.screwfix.com/c/auto-cleaning/pressure-washers/cat810194?brand=titan

how are the titan ones? had a nilfisk, but it was OK, the 110Bar one, a little underpowered. Unwisely ditched in favour of the illusion of freedom and a worx washer wand thingamy. that was rubbish, only good for cleaning bikes and only just better than the hose.

was looking at the titan 140bar for a bit of extra oompf, but without the outlay. light use really as I don’t’ like cleaning the car that often. May get used to chase the neighbours cat in mid poop.

johndoh
    Free Member

I had a Karcher. It was rubbish. Erratic performance and small parts kept splitting and the replacements were silly prices.

Conversely I have had mine for about 15 years now and it has never failed, not once, not even a little part breaking. TBH I WANT it to break so I have an excuse to get a newer and more powerful one but it won’t die.

joebristol

I read up a load on budget jet washers recently and came to the conclusion Nilfisk were a better buy. I went for a 135i I think it is – so far it’s great. Not tried it with snow foam yet but it was miles better than the no name garden centre one and the Hoselock one that came before it. Really pleased.

That Nilfisk for £57 looks mega value.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve had a Karcher & a Bosch, both of which conked out after not much use but out of warranty.
    I got a Nilfisk which is doing great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kercher or alternative????’ is closed to new replies.