Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • J.J Abrams to direct the new Star Wars
  • grievoustim
    Free Member

Lucas directed Anerican Grafiti, he had co-writers who I suspect were responsible for most of the dialogue

johndoh
    Free Member

Have you watched them recently? They have great music and some of the sets/space stuff still looks surprisingly good, but lots of the characters, acting, plot, and script are really not very good.

Yes. Especially the first one – absolutely love it. I have them all in a box set. In fact my little girls (3.5yrs old) are now interested in the films (and Clone Wars too) so I get more excuse to sit down and enjoy them all over again. (And I was one of the kids who got to queue around the block to see it first time around 🙂 )

billyblackheart
    Free Member

The co writers also wrote Howard the Duck 😉

verses

So… The question is… Will they continue the storyline or will they opt to “re-imagine” it as seems to happen to lots of established film series?

flyingmonkeycorps

It’s a continuation. I’m pretty sure that’s been confirmed.

Cougar

and Clone Wars too

I’ve not seen it, but I’ve heard tell that the Clone Wars series is the best thing to come out of the SW franchise in years.

The co writers also wrote Howard the Duck

Call me weird, but I liked Howard the Duck. It has the funny.

flyingmonkeycorps

The Clone Wars series is ace, the movie (the animated one that followed the series) was a huge disappointment.

vintagewino
    Free Member

I thought the CW movie was just the first 3 episodes in the first series cobbled together? In general though the series is much better than the 3 prequels.

flyingmonkeycorps

Wasn’t the series like 10 minute episodes? While since I’ve watched so I could be wrong.

**edit** Ah there’s two series, one from 2003 in 2d and a CGI one from 2008. I was referring to the 2d one

colournoise

I liked the lens flare conceit in Star Trek.

wallop

Aargh, so excited about the next one!

kimbers

lilchris
    Free Member

So… The question is… Will they continue the storyline or will they opt to “re-imagine” it as seems to happen to lots of established film series?

This!

Mr Abrams deserves the the “James Doohan treatment” for what he did to Kirk & Co

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘J.J Abrams to direct the new Star Wars’ is closed to new replies.