Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 330 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron
  • peter1979
    Free Member

His latest Twitter rant at cyclists

Not sure how to share the direct link, but it’s at the top of his feed.

project
    Free Member

New top gear startin soon then

cynic-al
    Free Member
    m0rk
    Free Member

rickt
    Free Member

If the cyclist turns right or forward across the road…… fair enough…

If the cyclist turns left… is it bad road positioning or just marking the space…… saying that its only 10 yards to the junction…

anagallis_arvensis

Nothing wrong with thatposition in that instant.

chakaping
    Free Member

Baggies and what looks like a MTB helmet while riding a road bike?

Got to be someone off here.

KonaTC

Bloke on bike claims center of road as he approaches junction, as driver behind him is busy taking pictures as opposed to driving his car safely

Clarkson = kn@b

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Thought you couldn’t overtake on zig zags anyway

JEngledow
    Free Member

If you don’t like him then don’t follow him on twatter!!

anagallis_arvensis

Looking at it again. Did the cyclist stop to let ped cross and not let clarkson past. Ifso I still think its gooddefensive riding. If he just rode a down the street it that position for a long time then maybe clarkson has a point but took his pic too late.

project
    Free Member

Man in rangerover takes picture of fit cyclists bum while driving, thinking why cant i look like that.

Perfectly ok for the cyuclist to asume that position, following the advice in Raodcraft.

samuri
    Free Member

It’s absolutely the right place to be. The cyclist is doing nothing wrong in that picture.

That said, clarkson is now saying the cyclist was riding in the middle for ages and hurling abuse when people overtook him.

eddie11
    Free Member

This isn’t a cyclist vs motorist thing.

This is just a London thing isn’t?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hadn’t spotted Magnus Backsted (sp) there. Cool!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As above, he goes on to say

Ti be clear, the cyclist I tweeted about earlier rode constantly right in the middle of the lane and hurled abuse at anyone who overtook.

So it would seem, not only did the cyclist have a fat arse, he was a mentalist as well. Definitely someone off here

cynic-al
    Free Member

Impossible to judge then, unless someone can identify the road in question – even where pictured, it’s not clear to me the cyclist needs to be in the primary position (unless turning right)

transporter13
    Free Member

Cyclist looks to be the moron IMO. I used to ride around London a lot and wouldn’t dream of riding in the middle of the road ever.
    It’s nothing to do with cyclist vs car driver but instead more to do with being a considerate road user

samuri
    Free Member

They’ve just stopped at a zebra crossing so by that picture alone, he’s in the right place. Even if he’s turning left or going straight on, the right thing to do is to discourage drivers who try and get alongside you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    the right thing to do is to discourage drivers who try and get alongside you.

Where’s that in the highway code? Are we to police drivers now?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

as driver behind him is busy taking pictures as opposed to driving his car safely

While stationary at a Zebra crossing? Lucky no-one was killed.

br
    Free Member

Someone just needs to report him to the Police, as he’s using a handheld device while driving a vehicle.

And at the point, the cyclist is perfectly within his rights.

cynic-al
    Free Member

b r – Member
    And at the point, the cyclist is perfectly within his rights.

He may well be, but the debate is about more than that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorry JC you r * simply wrong

( * vain attempt to pretend I have used twitter)

maxtorque

Must be a pretty unfit cyclist to have someone in a RR keeping up?

bails

As someone who’s bikeability level 3 trained I’d say the cyclist is in the correct position, regardless of his intentions at the junction.

From twitter
    “Don’t know rider. Know pic’s in narrow streets off King’s Rd, where no room to overtake safely. Rider right. (via @RKWinvisibleman)”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

vain attempt to pretend I have used twitter

Dont’ even try to pretend if that’s the best you can do. I think we’re all pretty clear you’re beyond stuff like twitter. Have a cocoa instead.

speckledbob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust a damn thing Clarkson says in relation to cyclists. The cyclist doesn’t look to be doing anything wrong in that photo. Clarkson is using his phone.

RichPenny
    Free Member

He may well be, but the debate is about more than that.

Entering into a debate with Clarkson is akin to entering a marrow into your anus; both senseless and painful.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Carry on making car drivers angry, maybe more will jack it in and get a bike instead.

bearnecessities

both senseless and painful

Oxymoron of the year?

peter1979
    Free Member

JEngledow – Member

If you don’t like him then don’t follow him on twatter!!

I’m not anymore.

Sancho
    Free Member

Not sure on how accurate Clarkson is on this particular cyclist but I do personally hate all the camera wielding cyclists who make a point of shouting at other road users about every mistake they make.

I just think cyclists and other road users can get along nicely if they all drive/ride with the proviso that they let people pass and give each other room to do it.

even though I have the right to take a defensive position on the road and can ride two abreast, I am always conscious of other vehicles who want to get past, and often that is other cyclists, who flash past brushing your shoulder not even muttering a hello or anything.

bikebouy
    Free Member

More importantly, whose that girlie??

Whhhhaaaatttttt?

😉

loddrik
    Free Member

I agree with him. And I’m quite happy to let cyclists have both barrels if they are lane hoggers or sanctimonious idiots with a hatred of motorists in general

Yes I guess I am a ‘cyclist’, but not a selfish one. And incredulous as it may seem, some cyclists drive cars too.

Don’t have to ride too defensively as long as I’m always aware what’s going on around me.

Cannot stand the whole 2 abreast thing in built up areas, country lanes and dual carriageways maybe, but doing it when the roads are busy is just plain antagonistic.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I just think cyclists and other road users can get along nicely if they all drive/ride with the proviso that they let people pass and give each other room to do it.

Hmm, I doubt it. Have you seen how many absolute **** drive cars? If you’re a cyclist, you should make em wait. Obviously there are plenty of car drivers who don’t mind waiting, but when motorists start beeping their horns, I’m not gonna pull over to let them past.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Taken from another thread

Police officers sealed off the road for a number of hours while collision investigators worked on the scene.
    One officer who was patrolling the road closure said police had received verbal abuse from drivers after closing the road.

Writing on social media site, Twitter, they also spoke of the poor standard of driving on the road, saying: “Currently staffing road closure on the A68 and the standard of some people’s driving is appalling – already witnessed three near misses.”

That’s after a cyclist had been knocked down and killed.

The sooner motorists realize they’re the second class road users the better

samuri
    Free Member

Where’s that in the highway code? Are we to police drivers now?

It’s in the bikeability training which is issued by the government. This is their recommendation.

Personally I do it because it feels a lot safer. If traffic is coming to a stop I’ll always move out and hold the lane. Once things get moving again and it’s safe, I’ll move back in and let people pass. Never, ever had a problem with anyone when I do this.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Jeremy Clarkson continues to……. annoy the resident Attention Seekers on here. Offended by him? Take no notice then simples 😉

Northwind

Overtaking? Who would ever overtake there ffs? Builtup area, parked cas, give way junction with bad visibility, oncoming car on the other side… You can’t judge the cyclist’s riding from the picture as he could be positioning to turn right but you can say with 100% confidence that anyone wanting to overtake there is a moron.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 330 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron’ is closed to new replies.