Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Is there such a thing as an aesthetically pleasing microwave oven?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Cos I can’t find one.

RobHilton
    Free Member

This pleases Rob

TBF to Kaiser, it took me a while to get it to work…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fake chrome and less buttons? Get one and we all know your a sad micro meal eating charlatan, the only way to do it properly is to build a micro kitchen to house the abomination

🙂 😉 🙂 in case that wasn’t clear

fasthaggis

Just get it a garage

YoKaiser
    Free Member

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’ve got a Whirlpool Max 35 which I find aesthetically pleasing myself (it’s subjective though).

However I think they’re discontinued now. Too radical and they’ve gone back to bland rectangles, though built-in is more trendy these days I guess.

For me it’s ideal to get into a corner. Isn’t a big microwave though and not huge power. Does the job for me however.

Drac

Probably not.

DezB
    Free Member

Retero “styling”

Mostly, they just look like microwave ovens.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve got a Whirlpool Max 35 which I find aesthetically pleasing myself (it’s subjective though).

I’m hoping it looks like this when it’s on

hp_source

if you can cope with a smaller unit, you might be able to hide it in a corner with something like this:

Linky….

EDIT: beaten too it

DezB
    Free Member
    fanatic278
    Free Member

Having just researched the market looking for a new microwave I can confirm all microwaves look the same if your budget is less than £150. Black / silver / white square boxes – with a few exceptions that are supposed to look styled but in reality look shit (see above 😯 )

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Probably not.

that’s the Miele I’ve got – I think it is OK. £1029 now I see from google, although I think there is a newer version.

molgrips
    Free Member

Budget £100 ish or less.

She thinks the curvy one would be too small.. which is a shame cos we do have it in a corner and that would save a shitload of space.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

if you can cope with a smaller unit, you might be able to hide it in a corner with something like this:

Just needs one of these for the top and it’s disguised as a TV!

fasthaggis

£100ish or less

Go second hand,some real bargains around.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

that’s the Miele I’ve got – I think it is OK. £1029 now I see from google, although I think there is a newer version.

That is in the budget of getting the damm thing it’s own kitchen 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is that not some sort of childs toy?

Anyway the answer is no, so either go built on or hide it some other way, we have ours in the hall cupboard on top of the extra freezer. They are pretty much all ugly bastards.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just get a bog standard one, and decorate it with pictures of loved ones.

shermer75
    Free Member

Here’s the 2009 Whirlpool Max. I like it, it looks like a 1950s space helmet

jimdubleyou

Meh, they are a box with a window and some controls – there are only so many ways you can make one.

Our Panasonic Freestading one doesn’t look “bad” but it’s on some hefty brackets out of the way…

What I want to know is why they all open with the hinge on the left. What if you want to put it in the right hand corner?

fasthaggis

😆 @ Jamie

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie, that’s one sexy machine.

#strangest

molgrips
    Free Member

Do we think flat-bed ones are better?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Over a grand for a microwave! What does it do???

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just get a bog standard one, and decorate it with pictures of loved ones.

Jamie why do you have a picture of my wife taped to your microwave?

Over a grand for a microwave! What does it do???

Heats stuff up, but really fancy like

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie why do you have a picture of my wife taped to your microwave?

Molgrips is your wife?

Small world. Let him share your microwave, you brute!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Molgrips is your wife?

Don’t act all innocent with me, like you don’t know.

redthunder
    Free Member

GrahamS

Apparently I have the same micro as deadkenny.

I like it. Small, doesn’t look too out of place in a “country kitchen” (i.e. it comes in that bland cream colour).

Only issue is that it is a little small so you have to remember to fold up the corners of the popcorn bag before you put it in.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Only issue is that it is a little small so you have to remember to fold up the corners of the popcorn bag before you put it in.

Are you insane? It’d go right manky.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I remember seeing them at the gadget show when they first came out, very funky looking, I don’t think you can still buy them, but I bought a curved as shown above anyway.

Cheers.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Is there such a thing as an aesthetically pleasing microwave oven?’ is closed to new replies.