Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • In need of inspiration: show me your Genesis High Latitude
  • kazafaza
    Free Member

Love the frame, still tinkering with the setup…

Here’s mine in most of its incarnations(or should that be inbikenations?)

Reba 120mm, SS:

Rigid SS:

Minute 100mm, SS:

Minute 100mm, 8sp:

Rigid(510mm!), SS:

Marzocchi’s 120mm, SS:

Soooo I’ve been there and done that and the other and I reckon there’s no need for the suspension(anyone?) and my thoughts are Kinesis Maxlight IX forks would be the best bet. Or am I missing anything? HELP!

kazafaza
    Free Member

…the saga continues:

29+ front:

ahwiles
    Free Member

i know, the grass needs cutting…

simondbarnes

Mine is pretty much how it came other than wheels / tyres that were swapped before the first ride.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/egkscF]Bike is ace, fitness sadly lacking #mtb #rivington #genesis #high #latitude[/url] by simondbarnes, on Flickr

treklee
    Free Member

Gone up to 2×10 as I spin out to quickly on the 32

tthew

Not much inspiration here for you, it’s like an identical twin of photo 2! Have you tried to shoe-horn that 29+ tyre in the back? There’s a lot of clearance around the stays, but I don’t want to go to the expense of buying a tyre to test it.

tthew

I just spotted the question at the bottom of the original post.

I don’t feel the need to put suspension forks on either. I did buy a pair early doors, and didn’t fit them so they were sent back to CRC, (1 year returns are ace!)

This isn’t my only bike though, I have a short travel full sus too. If it was the only once I’d probably go for suspension and a small range of gears. 3 speed Nexus most likely, one for steep up, one for flat off road (at the same gear inches at the current 32:18) and one for road sections where it’s a pain in the arse to ride at a decent pace.

kazafaza
    Free Member

tthew: They’re brethren! Haven’t tried to squeeze the Knardy at the back yet, I reckon it would fit but only on a (too) narrow rim. If you’re anywhere near Brum you’re more than welcome to pop-in for a cuppa and some tyre fiddle.

I’ll be back with my HiLat on Tue – will try and take some pics of the 29+ within the frame, it’s fitted to WTB i23 though so it’s kinda against what Surly recommends. I’d probably need a different fork for wider rims:

Three speed hub? Done that on the Fortitude 😉

takisawa2

Knard felt funny on a narrow rim.
    Much better on a Dually.

kazafaza
    Free Member

It does indeed feel funny at times but I’d rather wait for wider forks before re-lacing the wheel. Otherwise it might be distressing 😕

Clink

That rigid fork looks overly long. What a-to-c is it?

kazafaza
    Free Member

A-C = 510mm! Massively long, but it doesn’t seem to slow the handling much. It’s on Fleebay @ £45 or so, look for “rigid 29er Charge fork”.

Clink

Crikey!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘In need of inspiration: show me your Genesis High Latitude’ is closed to new replies.