Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I’m sat in a church – parental duties
  • MoreCashThanDash

One of the summer concerts my daughters music centre put on.

Newbie parents rushed to the pews at the front, and are watching through the video functionon their phones. Seasoned victims went straight to the pews at the back. And have brought cushions to sit on.

Lady next to me is marking AQA exam papers.

Never been in a church displaying the names of all the priests back to 1237 though. Good old Geraldus.

Wally

I also brought cushions to school sports day for myself and colleague, sat at the back high up, true veteran style. Enjoy the concert in comfort, listen and soak in the moment.

molgrips
    Free Member

You get to sit down at sports day?

matt_outandabout

Never been in a church displaying the names of all the priests back to 1237 though. Good old Geraldus.

I heard he was a cantankerous old fart…

stingmered

Sports day: I brought the comfiest camping chair we have: Nobody seemed to cotton onto this and everybody else was sat those tiny infant hard plastic chairs… fools. Also had the Ashes on in one ear… A great way to while away a couple of hours.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Parental Duties.

You are coming to this at entirely the wrong direction my friend.

Trying going in with the thoughts of parental benefit or privilege.

Newbie or not we were up the front everytime …. loved it … For us there was not a single thing that we could have been doing that was more important or enjoyable for us or ours.

Good luck

Enjoy

fossy

Big win with the cushion, genius !

expatscot
    Free Member

We normally go to be seen, not to see.

It’s not about enjoying the concert (NB NOT through a camera screen); rather it is so the offspring can see us there front and centre proudly supporting their efforts.

scuttler

Down the back row or by the wall and you can stand up to see when your thing does its stuff (nose pick, ball scratching, epic solo).

My youngest wore his chewbacca onesie under a green hoodie ‘brown and green tree style’ for one performance though he couldn’t be arsed with the hoodie so just randomly turned up full chewbacca with the bandolier. Mint.

Rich_s

Ballet for us this week. Did 48 miles on the bike (for charity!) then got home, s/s/s and out in 21 minutes to watch child #3 perform.

Seats near the back, dark, summer heat. Tired.

Oh well.

SWMBO has pointed out several of my many flaws as a result. To be fair, daughter couldn’t see us due to the stage lights and she got the biggest hug well done afterwards.

fossy

We went to Daughter’s end of year ‘Animation’ Screening at Uni this year. General Invite sent out to all parents. Was easy for us as I work at the Uni, and my wife works nearby.  We were the only parent’s there. Was really good, like watching a whole host of ‘animated shorts’ for a couple of hours in a cinema, for free.

pocpoc
    Free Member

End of year 6 for middle child. 2 performances of their play this aft and tonight. Leavers assembly and picnic lunch next Friday. School fair this Friday night. 2 parents trying to make sure at least one of us is at every event while both working full time. It’s a chaotic few weeks but always worth it and they will always remember you being there.

Somehow I’ve copped for the picnic lunch though which means an hour of awkward small talk with other parents. The stuff of nightmares!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Any sign of Judas in the list? 😉

zzjabzz
    Free Member

“I’m sat”? See me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.