Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I'm off…
  • nicko74

…to Toronto! Just got the contract offer through by email last night, and it's just sinking in that in 4 weeks I'll be on my way for good (or for good for now). The missus is already out there, but even so, it's a bit scary…

I shall of course continue to lurk on stw, for a small taste of home… 🙂

Creg

congrats 😀

Im insanely jealous

Drac

Congrats and respect.

robdob
    Free Member

The tea won't be as nice.

Nur nur nurrrr!!

Hope it all goes ok. 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

Good luck!

Personally I have never seen the attraction of Canada. Too hot in the summer and positively Arctic in the winter. The country's attraction was diminished even more when my "lovely" neighbours moved over there last summer. God, I do pity their new neighbours!

Sorry, I am waffling.

I am sure it will be great fun!

pitduck
    Free Member

enjoy 😀

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Good luck mate! Funny I just got back from two weeks in Toronto on my hols. Riding wasn't too bad…if you can stand the mosquitos/heat!

_tom_
    Free Member

Good luck, I'm very jealous as well! I'd love to leave the UK for a bit, sick of the area I live in tbh.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Personally I have never seen the attraction of Canada. Too hot in the summer and positively Arctic in the winter.

That's EXACTLY why I'd love to live there.

roper
    Free Member

Buen Viaje!!!!

Don't forget to post photos of your new trails.

plumber
    Free Member

Having spent a year in Canada I have developed a strong dislike to them, YMMV

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dislike of who? Canadians? Why?

SaxonRider

Congrats! What part of the city will you be in? Enjoy…

but do make sure you visit Montreal.

SaxonRider

coffeeking – Member
    Dislike of who? Canadians? Why?

I was just going to ask the same thing.

deserter
    Free Member

plumber – Member

I get annoyed at times but a lot{most} are some of the nicest people I have met so I'm afraid I have to disagree, you must have had some particularly bad experiences plumber

gusamc
    Free Member

it'll be great,worked in Ottawa for a while, great country and people

Pigface
    Free Member

Good luck but for your own mental well being don't support the Maple Leafs 😉

nicko74

Thank you everyone; I've been offline for a day or so, but very pleased to see all the positive sentiment.

Congrats! What part of the city will you be in? Enjoy…

We're renting on a street one block north of Yorkville. It's huge (3 floors, roof balcony), and given that we're used to London rents, it's quite affordable! 🙂
    Just popped into my new employer's office this afternoon, and they seem genuinely excited that I'm coming. Great location, too, with views over the lake, the airport and the harbour. Hurrah!

Spongebob
    Free Member

The vast outdoors and access to some awesome skiing, cheap fuel, your missus is already there. Tell me what's scary about that?

Do you like the depressing daily news reel or something?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Good luck but for your own mental well being don't support the Maple Leafs
    Don't you mean the 'Make Beliefs?

Good luck Nicko. By the way, I'd simply LOVE to see the Leafs v Canadiens. If me & my missus can visit you over there, I'll get the tickets for us all!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I'm off…’ is closed to new replies.