Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Flytipper (Surrey Hills) – anyone hit the new Gap Jump
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

😆

vinnyeh

Exactly

You’re not being very helpful here, are you. 🙄

davebust
    Free Member

I saw it, wet my pants and went home, my mum gave me a hug, a bacon sandwich and a special kiss

Wont be going there again 🙁

blooddonor
    Free Member

@Hob Nob…..it’s no joke 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Davebust – I wimped the old one a few times, cant imagine what new one looks like in the flesh. Might need some flat pedals rather than spd’s just in case!!

Out of interest is there much to the west of this trail (ie. RHS looking up it or LHS looking down)? Near the top, there is the flattish looking bridleway. I mean to have a look down this to see if there are any nice trails to the SW but haven’t done so yet.

Vinnyeh – you will learn quickly. Frustrating I know!!

jedi

looks fun on a stick 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

@Hob Nob…..it’s no joke

Really? I noticed it’s stepped with a lower line which looks fine, but the high line looks nigh on impossible to hit cleanly. Has anyone hit it?

5lab

very low speed drops are ok, there’s one on dirt merchant that’s 10’+ that if you went off at a decent pace (even a brisk walk) would be 15’+ to flat

doesn’t mean its not fun 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Sounds similar – however thats got a nice big lander.

This has a small section of trail between a couple of trees, maybe 6ft apart, with a road in the run out…

It looks about as much fun as a punch in the face!

senorj

Might do the same Saturday if anyone fancies an early start from Westcott.

I may be up there, but coming from Peaslake, could potentially meet up and do some of the Winterfold stuff that’s less well known. I’ll not be doing any 15ft gap jumps though

McBoo/NJee

I often go down from that North London village & would love to be shown some of the winterfold stuff to add to my repertoire. I’m off to Kielder this weekend , but bear it in mind for later in the month ( Sept)?
    Similar crack here , not too fast and only stop for cake. soz for the hijack.

njee20
    Free Member

No worries! I was thinking of ‘organising’ a forum ride in September, so keep an eye out!

senorj

njee20 – nice one.

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Really? I noticed it’s stepped with a lower line which looks fine, but the high line looks nigh on impossible to hit cleanly. Has anyone hit it?

Don’t know if there’s another one, but if it’s the drop to the left of the bowl, where it’s very narrow and you ride close to an oak tree on your left, then it’s fine. You’re right, it’s done at walking pace and you push off the drop. Just enough room to stop before the road.

freeridenick
    Free Member

dtp – yes thats the one i was thinking of, unless there is something to the left of that?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If that’s the one thats been there a while – then I know what you mean, but it appears someone has cleared the moss back on the bank further up so the drop now goes off the highest possible point. Previously you could straightline the trail (which snakes around the side) with the smaller drop.

Happy to be proven wrong though – i’d like to see someone hit it for sure!

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

freeridenick

Not that I know of but HobNob mentions….

The gap, fine – that drop? No thanks. 20ft hucks to flat should have stayed in the early 2000’s.

not seen a 20ft drop but with tattoo dave you never know. I’ll have another look around next time I’m up.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

is it the one in the video on page one? Because i know of another one that fits the bill but it isn’t that

njee20
    Free Member

aP – do you wanna go for a ride tomorrow – not got your email address, mine’s in my profile if you fancy it. It’ll need to be relatively early – say 9 at Peaslake?

mcboo
    Free Member

I might well be in Peaslake about 9am having a cuppa.

6’3
    Unnaproachably handsome
    Canyon Lux MR

Do say hello

njee20
    Free Member

Indeed I will.

5’10”
    Child-like physique, aka anorexia chic
    Top Fuel 9.9

Sounds like a really crap dating website now.

atlaz
    Free Member

Do the rest of us need to put up a sheet over the bus-stop for you both to get some privacy?

njee20
    Free Member

It’d be an idea.

aP
    Free Member

njee, just checking with the memsahib, if we do we’ll be on cx bikes, will confirm soon.

aP
    Free Member

njee – will email you

geetee1972
    Free Member

Sounds like a really crap dating website now.

Or that start of another bromance thread

njee20
    Free Member

Haha! That was awesome. That’s the second bromance I’ve been linked to today, hmmm 😕

freeridenick
    Free Member

what has happened to my thread 😯

njee20
    Free Member

It’s turned into a grooming thread. Problem?

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Well it’s 4.30 and I’m just about to head off to Fly Tipper – wish me luck!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I could post in the Muddy Moles forum and maybe Green Orange Dave could join you ??

burmaboy
    Free Member

Hit the big gap yesterday on tippers clipped in on my SS xc bike. Just made it pedalling at it like Speedy Gonzales . COuld do with a higher gear really! Lovely gap. Not much run off on the landing tho. Didnt take the right hand hip into it . Bypassed and straightlined at it! I’ll get the vid up soon.

burmaboy
    Free Member

Trying to link the vid from My friends facebook. But here is an action mid air shot.

5lab

hit it tonight in the wet. The ground was rolling pretty slow and it was a real effort, just got onto the other side though (bit of a heavy landing). The first jump was hard to get over too, I ended up pedalling right up to the lip just to hold my speed in the mud. In the dry I think it’d be quite nice. On the drop at the end I did the straight on line and the hip to the right line, didn’t try the drops to the left with the shakey landings, they’re one for next time (not very big, but the landings are dead skinny)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Saw it on Sunday. Looks fantastic. Have I got the balls to hit it? Not in a million years.

Great trail though.

5lab

flytipper by 5lab, on Flickr

sorry for slightly crappy picture, it was dark and wet..

jedi

looks ok

5lab

yeah its alright. Its not a difficult jump, except there’s not really a lip, and the run into it is pretty flat and (in the wet) slow rolling. I had to crank right up to the lip then bunnyhop the hell out of it to get over, its more of a flyoff than a jump..

winterfold
    Free Member

Had a look today – No way for me – cant imagine myself carrying the speed to clear it and it is pretty deep.

If the pic above was taken from the other side it would look a lot deeper.

Dave’s been busy hasn’t he – some nicely built dirt/gaps on another one near there. Sure they werent there last time i rode it. Too big for me again. They’re on Dave’s YouTube .

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Flytipper (Surrey Hills) – anyone hit the new Gap Jump’ is closed to new replies.