Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I stole a bike
  • nickfrog
    Free Member

It felt like it anyway 😂.

2021 YT Izzo Pro that has covered less than 100 miles. £1,200. A bit less in fact I sold the incredibly expensive CB pedals for £75.

Already upgraded the 150mm house dropper with a 175mm Fox and remote. Slammed is perfect for my height too.

Spec is nice. CF front and rear. Fox Fit4 34 Perf Elite and shock, both 130mm. Full GX, G2RS brakes, M1700 DT Swiss.

Does anyone know how much labour is involved in upgrading the fork spring to a 140mm (not a job I want to tackle)?

woodster

Very nice.

Most carbon bikes don’t do much for me, but the Izzo is a great looking thing.

jimdubleyou

Looks very much like my bike…

Don’t worry though, mines definitely still in the garage 🙂

dc1988

It’s easy to change the air spring, I did it recently on a Fox 34 and it took maybe an hour and I’d never done it before.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Thanks dc. You’re not in Sussex by any chance? 😂

nickfrog
    Free Member

Jim, how do you find the bike?

dc1988

A few hours north I’m afraid!

Have a look at the service manual online and some YouTube videos, just take your time, follow the instructions carefully and you’ll be fine.

MoreCashThanDash

They really are lovely looking bikes

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

how much labour is involved in upgrading the fork spring to a 140mm

Is it really worth the money and effort for 1cm ?? 😉

tonyd

Like!

nickfrog
    Free Member

Probably not worth it Desperate but you know how it is with the tweaking disease in winter. The shaft is £35 and I might get half back selling the 130mm and if I can DIY as suggested.

On a another front, there is a grip shift style RS remote to lock the shock on the fly. Problem is the outer cable is far too long on the bars. Do you guys know if I can simply shorten like I did for the rear mech or does it need the shock removing?
    If it does I might remove it altogether but without the remote in place will the shock be in closed or open position by default?

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Ooh, I’ve got that on my old RM. Yeah, you can shorten it just like a gear cable. Pretty sure that without the cable it just acts like a normal shock adjuster – the return spring on mine is in the lever.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Cheers DB. Just done it, it was quite painless indeed!

jimdubleyou

Jim, how do you find the bike?

Honestly, I don’t ride it much these days as most of my riding is from the door, and I live on the edge of London so my gravel and road bikes get more love.

That said, it is fun to ride and very capable – I’m definitely the limiting factor, not the bike.

jimdubleyou

Oh, and I swapped the grip shift lockout for a bontrager drop lock dual lever thingie – that way I can use my preferred grips…

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s a beauty.

Did you ride it yet?

desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Honestly, I don’t ride it much these days ..

Wanna sell? I heard somewhere that they are a good second hand buy 😀

nickfrog
    Free Member

Did you ride it yet?

Ride it? Why on earth would I do that? I just cleaned it! 😂

On a serious note I only ride when the mud recedes nowadays.

I have ordered a 2.6 Rekon for the front and a 2.4 Ardent for the rear as the 2.35 Forecaster look a bit timid.

Fitting 800mm bars too as the guy cut the 760mm down to 735mm. It’s not bloody 1992 😂.

I like the idea of dropping the Gripshift thing, it’s not bloody 1992 😂

nickfrog
    Free Member

Now with “proper”tyres, Rekon 2.6 Maxterra front and 2.4 Ardent rear.
    175mm fox post slammed.
    800mm carbon bars and 50mm e*13 stem.
    Got rid of the shock lock remote thing.
    Pedals are provisional…

ogden
    Free Member

Tidy that! Where did you find such a bargain @nickfrog ?

nickfrog
    Free Member

Hi Ogden. It was on eBay but the guy had never cleaned it so took photos of it filthy. Starting at £1,400 and BIN at £2,000. No bids 2 weeks running. Also he put £17 for shipping.

It was only 30 miles from me so I explained with the fees and actual shipping cost he would have netted less than £1,200 even if someone had bid at £1,400.

He took my £1,200 picked up.

I stripped it down and I am confident it covered very few miles, between 50 and 100 miles probably. I regreased everything, hubs, BB, headset. Feels quasi new.

I was lucky.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.