Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I prostrate myself before you in apology – I need some semislick tyres
  • ourmaninthenorth

Recommendations, please, for semslicks for just pootling around on while I tow Baby North in her new trailer.

Cheers

OMITN

duntstick
    Free Member

This’ll double as a summer rear tyre if it’s for your MTB

Maxxis semi slick

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 maxxis high roller

supprisingly good off road, especialy on the modern trend to build bikes low an slack which naturaly makes them lean over a lot in the corners you don’t need the central knobblies. That and you can pedal out of corners drifting it like a motorbike 🙂 🙂 😮

My tyres:
    Winter: Specialized Storm 2.1
    Summer: HR 2.35 SPC maxxpro front, semi slick rear.
    Inbetweeny: swap the rear for another ‘propper’ high roller.
    Hollidays: 2.5 high roller, DPC Supertacky.

ourmaninthenorth

Looks good. But is about double my budget ( I should said that the bike is my rigid SS MTB, so is pretty much going to be pressed into this role only).

LapSteel
    Free Member

Smart Sams roll well and there 9.99 from on one

flyingfox
    Free Member

Intense Tyre Systems do one – we got some in and they’re light, kevlar and pretty cheap. Think it’s a System 3.

spacehopper

these are great…!

use it on the rear of my singlespeed in summer last year for a few longer towpath type rides.. they fly along and are surprisingly grippy in the dry on normal trails too..

Maxxis Wormdrive

DaddyFool
    Free Member

^^^^^ yup. Going cheap at CRC at the mo.

Put a pair on my ‘bop a couple of weeks ago and have ridden a slippy Black at Glentress and the 46km Pitlochry round (on here) with them.

Apart from a little wheel spin over damp rock edges…no issues.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve bin using a pair of Conti Travel Contacts on an urban pootling bike for a while now, and can report that they are fast rolling on tarmac, quite grippy in corners on looser stuff, and seem to be pretty puncture resistant. An excellent compromise tyre.

olympus
    Free Member

My mate has these conti’s. Theyre great.

Clobber
    Free Member

Schwalbe land Cruisers £12.99 with puncture protection…

Linky…

Did the coast to coast on these, roll very well

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve found that slicks grip as well as semis in the dry and both rubbish in wet/mud.

Fast rolling seems to be about quality rather than tread between the 2 also – I have some Panaracer semi’s wwhich are draggy compared to Michelin Race things.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers – how’s the volume on the Contis – do they size “down” like usual conti tyres?

BoardinBob

Halo Twin Rails

thomthumb
    Free Member

wtb vulpine is good.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They’re a 1.75″ tyre, so not so narrow they’re skittish, but not so fayt they’re slow and draggy. They don’t come up all that much wider than my 1.5″ Nimbus slicks really.

Enough air volume to be comfy though. I prefer them to narrower tyres on towpaths and that sort of thing.

ourmaninthenorth

Land Cruisiers bought from Next Day Tyres.

Cheers all.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I prostrate myself before you in apology – I need some semislick tyres’ is closed to new replies.