HU: Evoc fanny pack £34

Home Forum Bike Forum HU: Evoc fanny pack £34

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • HU: Evoc fanny pack £34
  • just ordered one of these, anyone with longterm experience, i’ve read the camelbak continually slips

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Evoc-Race-3L-Hip-Pack-2017_99560.htm

use code ECWJ2R for £5 off = £33.15

black or olive green (no bladder included) (its £71 for the bladder set)

seems a good price, it’ll hold a bottle, or bladder so considering ordering the ergon 1.5l bladder as i cant find a reasonably priced evoc one

Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

i’ve read the camelbak continually slips

Yeah, the one thing I really don’t like about mine..

I wonder if this will be any different?

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Our daughter has been racing using mine as her backpack hurts her shoulder [broken collar bone injury]

She came back from the EWS yesterday and had used mine in practice but had to use a backpack for the race which held her back protector.

She raved about it so much that we ordered another last night, so I can have mine back

My only concern is in the event of a crash that it may put too much pressure on one part of the spine

Mine stays in place but that might be a women thing

Premier Icon tuskaloosa
    Subscriber

I’ve been using one now for about 6 months with a 500ml bottle no bladder.. holds a fair amount ( spare tube, co2 cartridge, assortment of bandages/band aids and some pain killers, lezyne pump, tubeless repair kit, small container of links etc and my multi tool). If it’s a night ride I tend to thrown in the foil blanket if I’m on my own.

Doesn’t move much I like the padding at the back as well. Not sure how it will hold out with a bladder.

I have slight difficulty in trying to cinch the straps tighter when it’s on my waist so pre-cinch the straps and then dorn the pack.

At that price it’s a bargain.

16stonepig

Giant thumbs up, cheers.

Premier Icon bullroar
    Subscriber

Recently bought one with a bladder.  Used it on couple of rides, works fine, much less intrusive than a back pack.  If you fill the bladder to 1.5L space is limited so I have been running mine at 1L which is enough.  Agree about it not being the easiest to cinch when wearing it but even when not fully tight it doesn’t move around much.

The bladder is made by Hydrapak but Evoc branded.  It fully opens so can be turned inside out to dry.  The hose routing is a bit fiddly and attaches to the waist band or jersey using a clip and magnet, ultimately it might require a Plan B for when the clip goes AWOL.

the olive matches my bike, perfect.. will try it tonight with a 500ml bottle in, and a bottle on my bike, the suns out 18 degrees

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

done. even found £8 in my paypal account i’d forgetten about so only cost me £25.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

I fancy trying one of these, cheers, canny be arsed with a pack in this weather.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

although by the time tredz deliver, it’ll be winter again…

Subscriber

True, we’ll see!

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

Tredz are fine, as long as some fool doesn’t put up a PSA that makes a load of people all try to buy something that isn’t in stock anyway. Oh. 😉

(ta OP, don’t forget Quidco for 2/3% cash back!)

ogden

Well that’s me ordering something I don’t need! Cheers. I’ve found everything I’ve ordered from tredz recently has been delivered pretty fast tbh.

alpin

that’s cheap… paid 80€ for mine with the bladder back in Jan.

never use the bladder as my frame takes a 750ml bottle which if i drink a pint of water before setting off does me ok for a few hours, although saying that i did stuff a 500ml bottle in the net the other week on an big ride.

pack easily carries essential tools, some nuts/bars and a Montane windproof. i usually stuff a long sleeve through the loops on the long ups.

even using a Bluegrass back protector my back is no where near as sweaty as it was when riding with a pack.

@zilog6128
    haha i waited a few hours, i actually got one last week for £48, its getting returned (with a paypal shipping refund) and i bought it again this morning.

zerolight

Oddly I read the EVOC continually slips, but the newest Camelbak Repack LR doesn’t. The Camelbak is top of my list. Still, that’s a tempting price! ah… it doesn’t come with the bladder so that pushes it up to Repack pricing.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/ultimate-performance-malham-1-l-waist-hydration-pack-p350681

Surprisingly good. If you’re not sure about going for an arse-pack you could do a lot worse. I changed the hose/valve on mine for a spare Camelbak one. The supplied valve is a bit crap.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Bloody great! 😞

That’s another “back pack” to add to the collection! Lol

Subscriber

Anyone got a despatch email yet?……

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

I got a despatch email yesterday

Subscriber

Ah, No doubt mine will still be at the distributor then!

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

just checked my order and says dispatching today.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74
    Subscriber

I’ve got a Camelbak FlashFlo – picked it up in the Wiggle sale last year with 1.5l bladder for about £20.

Used it quite a bit and it’s less bulky than a back pack.

As others have said if you fill the bladder full it doesn’t leave much room for other stuff in the pack.

You have to keep adjusting the belt as you go through the water though – I found the little side cinch straps didn’t make much difference.

Premier Icon Ashy
    Subscriber

£51 now 😞

Could be new stock. There were no blacks left earlier (so I didn’t buy one).

yeah price back to £51

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Just got a dispatch email.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

No dispatch email here but I’m in zero hurry anyway.

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Oh, just an fyi.

I noticed that Tredz list the estimated despatch date as the 22nd on my order so obviously waiting for more stock. 😉

Subscriber

Mine despatched now. 👌🏻

Tredz are all over the place with orders, don’t even attempt to buy hope it’s on 20-25 day backorder

I bought a few fox Tshirts and they arrived 5-6 days after order, I got this evoc bag last week in 5days too

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Ours has just been delivered

oikeith

Annoyed that I missed this, I have the Camelbak Flash flo and dont find it too great with the bladder full. Was looking for something larger and this suited the bill.

Premier Icon vincienup
    Subscriber

Ok I got suckered too… sounded like a good price to try one at.  Mines held up to 22nd to, so blatantly awaiting stock.  No worries, I’ve learned never to order from Tredz if I’m in a hurry.

So, apart from the standard Hydrapac, what fits and what’s recommended bladder wise?

Subscriber

Cheap decathlon for me, my days of spending 20 odd quid on a bladder are behind me. I’ll make it fit…. 😁

16stonepig

Mine was allegedly dispatched on Wednesday. Expecting it today.

Premier Icon tuskaloosa
    Subscriber

Given that hip packs are a hit and miss thing hope you all get on with it.

Though I’ve got a wry grin at the moment thinking the FS section will be awash with EVOC packs in the next few months! 🙂

Subscriber

I’ll use mine for summer hill walking if it’s not up to biking. Sure it’ll be fine, means I can take the bottle off the bike too, I like the nice clean carbon lines!.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Just turned up. Looks good, always liked the quality of evoc bags.

anyone want to buy a cheap ripstrip.

16stonepig

anyone want to buy a cheap ripstrip

Nah. Got one. Seemed like a really good idea but I’m not impressed with the quality – one zip has broken, the strap is frayed and the mesh is already full of holes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.