Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HTC Desire and lost SD card data…
  • spooky_b329

A few days ago my Desire flashed up a warning that in future I should unmount my SD card correctly to avoid losing date. I hadn't touched it or even connected the phone to the PC.

Two days later and I wake up to find my phone has gone flat overnight and turned off, when I turned it back on it warned me that my SD card is blank and displays a permanent SD card symbol with question mark at the top of the screen.

Apart from my photos/music/video clips etc, what else should be on the card? I've noticed voice navigation doesn't work any more, the turn-by-turn just chimes at me to tell me a junction is coming up, also I've lost all my bookmark screenshots. I'm guessing there is a load of software on there such as HTC Sync?

I removed the card and used an adaptor card to connect to my PC, it won't recognise that I've connected the card. A normal 1gig card works, but could the adaptor be incompatible with the 4gig 'HC' (high content?) card? Both card and adaptor are Sandisk, just the size of card that differs.

I was hoping to use one of the free data recovery programs to see if I can recover my stuff. If I can't connect it to my PC, will I be able to use recovery software via USB cable to the phone? Phone just keeps prompting me to format the card.

Only other possibility is I have 'wavesecure' installed, but once I realised you had to pay for it I left it alone. Only the backup facility is available on the demo mode, will it have done this automatically meaning I could pay for the app and be able to restore the data, or do you have to instigate the backup manually?

Thanks

spooky_b329

Just managed to get the card recognised by windows, but it also just prompts me to format the card. Any recommendations for free software to try and recover data?

GrahamS

SanDisk do their own recovery software, Image Rescue or something i think. It is the best one to use with SanDisk cards. You may gave got a licence for it when you bought the card, if not then hit the SanDisk website.

spooky_b329

Thanks Graham, my SD card came supplied with the phone but the smaller 1gig card didn't come with software, looked at their site and downloaded RescuePro, unable to access full version as my serial numbers are too short, but demo version said no file could be found to recover 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HTC Desire and lost SD card data…’ is closed to new replies.